News Disney and Fox come to terms -- announcement soon; huge IP acquisition

Hatbox Ghostbuster

It's why he should be out of a job...frankly. Too "comfortable" and old hat after this many years...we're close to 15. Eisner's head was on a platter starting at this point and frankly he did a TON of more significant longterm moves.

Iger has rode espn into the ground...and that was their profit cow. Not revenue...profit...

All these moves to acquire IP and distribution are in big part to try and reinvent the golden goose. Especially this.

All I know is that wdw is a lot more crowded all year long now and my bills are WAYYY up over the last decade or so...and that's a problem that buying fox is going to make worse. It always does when they spin it.
"In my tenure as CEO, I've always sought to make Disney even 'more Disney'. Not by building from within and the core of the companies creativity, but by adding hot properties like Iron Man, Avatar, Deadpool, Family Guy, and Alien. When people think of the Simpsons, I want them to think of Disney and smile." - Robert Iger. (probably)

Tick Tock

Can't say I'm on board with this completely, but at least it'll be interesting having these blokes as cousins.
jh1.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That realll doesn't mean anthing. The first 6 Star Wars films were distributed by Fox too.

Actually ON that front it means a lot. Disney does not own Star Wars (IV)...fox does...it was a concession that Lucas had to make that he complained about. Fox retains license over that one movie.

Now they do what they want to the whole set...hopefully restoring them to original - would be a good first step to the old fans who have all the money and will for the next 30 or so years anyway.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
According to what I've read, the Murdoch family down the road plans on rolling the remainder of 20th Century Fox in with News Corp., which I believe is primarily owned by the family.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They’re going to be active investors, unlike Steve and Laurene. A power vacuum is opening and the Murdochs think they can seize it.

Disney may be buying Fox, but they’re in it to control Disney.

And they will in a couple of years the Murdochs and Perlmutter will control the Disney BoD. The parks under Iger will be the good ol days sorry to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom