Disney After Hours returns to the Magic Kingdom at new lower pricing

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
As for cutting back night time entertainment...well as you noted, they already lost the parade since what, October, November? So this event has nothing to do with that. So there is no Wishes those nights, but except for Epcot, every other park closes before MK thought the month. So fig you really needed to see wishes, you can hop back to MK w/o missing virtually anything else.

Then, as for cleaning (LOLOLOL....whatever that meant). The parks are routinely open until 1-2 am in the summer. Same parks, more people/trash....same clean (or not clean) level.

There has yet to be an announcement on a replacement parade for the MSEP. Hard ticket events like this make it less likely that there will be one, since there will be no need for it.

Maintenance and cleaning at WDW is horrendous to be kind. This is not the fault of cleaning and maintenance people, it's management who don't provide adequate time and resources maintain the park to standard it was prior to the mid 90's. Between the parks closing and getting the last guests out, you really cut back this maintenance window. You say an hour or two wouldn't make a difference. when you only have 8 hours of down time, two extra hours can mean a couple of more pieces of trash get cleaned, or monorails get scrubbed, or lightbulbs get changed.

monothingie

Premium Member
So how does having one event, one night per week, at only one park, AFTER the park closes, diminish your capability to spend 2 weeks there and ride and experience what you want to multiple times????????

In the fall (When I go) you have 4 party nights a week. In Two weeks, the MK at night is closed to you more than half the time. Where does everyone go? Epcot or DS, making those parks unpleasant to be in because of the crowds.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
There has yet to be an announcement on a replacement parade for the MSEP. Hard ticket events like this make it less likely that there will be one, since there will be no need for it.

Maintenance and cleaning at WDW is horrendous to be kind. This is not the fault of cleaning and maintenance people, it's management who don't provide adequate time and resources maintain the park to standard it was prior to the mid 90's. Between the parks closing and getting the last guests out, you really cut back this maintenance window. You say an hour or two wouldn't make a difference. when you only have 8 hours of down time, two extra hours can mean a couple of more pieces of trash get cleaned, or monorails get scrubbed, or lightbulbs get changed.
And yet again, misinformation. This event is AFTER the park closes, so would have NO bearing on a night time parade - assuming we ever GET a new parade. Do I like that it is gone - heck no. I hate that decision. Of course, we preferred Spectro over MSEP, but that's just us.

As far as maintenance and cleaning. Really?? We were there just last month and had not one single dirty restroom, overflowing trash can, trash on the streets, and saw many custodial people out and about everywhere. Main St hasn't looked this good in 20 years, and refurbs are happening all over property to fix the lack of maintenance in the past. Was it bad? Yes. Is it now? No.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
In the fall (When I go) you have 4 party nights a week. In Two weeks, the MK at night is closed to you more than half the time. Where does everyone go? Epcot or DS, making those parks unpleasant to be in because of the crowds.
I thought we were talking about EMM, not the MNSSHP or MVMCP??? Please stay on topic in your rants. Thanks.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I don't think that's true at all, in fact I know of several instances where consideration was made in response to complaints about price.
I was speaking of the price complaining on these boards. Since you seem to have inside information, can you share specifics of what consideration was given to lower a price on something? This is not a dig at all, but a serious question.

glvsav37

See...now you are just disagreeing to keep your beach ball in the air.

the parade went dark in what, October? and you are blaming 5 or so events 3 months later for them not bringing the parade back? Come on.

Then custodial management is the real reason the parks are dirty, but also the events fault for cutting into time that they wouldn't have used anyway? Again...6 nights out of the week in january the parks are closed 'on time' but its still the event's fault. And all summer long, parks open till 1 am most night AND are included in regular park admission—3+ MORE hours past these events in January—but its still the events fault.

monothingie

Premium Member
And yet again, misinformation. This event is AFTER the park closes, so would have NO bearing on a night time parade - assuming we ever GET a new parade. Do I like that it is gone - heck no. I hate that decision. Of course, we preferred Spectro over MSEP, but that's just us.

As far as maintenance and cleaning. Really?? We were there just last month and had not one single dirty restroom, overflowing trash can, trash on the streets, and saw many custodial people out and about everywhere. Main St hasn't looked this good in 20 years, and refurbs are happening all over property to fix the lack of maintenance in the past. Was it bad? Yes. Is it now? No.

When the park closes at 8, you don't get fireworks or a parade.

With regards to maintenance, you are correct it has gotten better, but it is still lacking. Dirty queues, chipping paint, burnt out bulbs, etc. Small things that used to be handled on a daily basis, instead of letting them run down until the next rehab. Thats how used to be done, but not so much anymore.

monothingie

Premium Member
See...now you are just disagreeing to keep your beach ball in the air.

the parade went dark in what, October? and you are blaming 5 or so events 3 months later for them not bringing the parade back? Come on.

Then custodial management is the real reason the parks are dirty, but also the events fault for cutting into time that they wouldn't have used anyway? Again...6 nights out of the week in january the parks are closed 'on time' but its still the event's fault. And all summer long, parks open till 1 am most night AND are included in regular park admission—3+ MORE hours past these events in January—but its still the events fault.

Remember the part where I said that I felt this was a second trial as a way of setting up a new hard-ticket nighttime offering? That's my objection with this, because it is potentially a sign of things to come.

glvsav37

With regards to maintenance, you are correct it has gotten better, but it is still lacking. Dirty queues, chipping paint, burnt out bulbs, etc. Small things that used to be handled on a daily basis, instead of letting them run down until the next rehab. Thats how used to be done, but not so much anymore.

Wrong...wishes is presented at 8pm

OK...then lets debate park cleaning in a park cleaning discussion...but lets not pin chipped paint, missing lightbulbs and other issues solely on these events. These events take up less then 1% of the avail time to do upkeep...in 1 park.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

Hmm, weird that we noticed not one single burnt out bulb just last month. Chipping paint? Really? Do you just go there to look for these things? There is no way that chipping paint somewhere is that noticeable unless you are specifically looking for it.

And yes, you get Wishes at 8 when the park closes at 8. It's still on the calendar here and on the official website. As far as the parade - you're still on that one when it's been gone for months, and has nothing to do with this event all? Reality, it's your friend.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Remember the part where I said that I felt this was a second trial as a way of setting up a new hard-ticket nighttime offering? That's my objection with this, because it is potentially a sign of things to come.
The issue some of us have, is with the word "potential". Nothing has indicated anything of the sort, but just keep going with the negativity towards everything.

monothingie

Premium Member
Hmm, weird that we noticed not one single burnt out bulb just last month. Chipping paint? Really? Do you just go there to look for these things? There is no way that chipping paint somewhere is that noticeable unless you are specifically looking for it.

And yes, you get Wishes at 8 when the park closes at 8. It's still on the calendar here and on the official website. As far as the parade - you're still on that one when it's been gone for months, and has nothing to do with this event all? Reality, it's your friend.

You ride the monorail? Have been in Space Mountain lately? NFL, Under the Sea's queue (brown water and weeds all over)? Dumbo? Buzz? Not in pristine shape to say the least.

My point with the parade is that if you have additional hard-ticket events there is no necessity to replace the parade. Also if they move this event into the format of a "party" night start time of 7, you won't get Wishes. This entire undertaking is a test, the final outcome maybe nothing at all if it fails again like it did in the spring. Eitherway, I respect your disagreement with me.

Bob Harlem

Wow this will fail again. If they do something like this they should reduce the entry cost and use the band system to resurrect the old per ride ticket idea for pay to ride to limit the crowds during the event period.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I have been hearing reports of trashcans overflowing and bathrooms being disasters lately. Not sure what has changed but it definitely didn't used to be like this.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Then, as for cleaning (LOLOLOL....whatever that meant). The parks are routinely open until 1-2 am in the summer. Same parks, more people/trash....same clean (or not clean) level.

Before you dismiss this topic.. The sustained extended hours very much are a strain on the system. As evidence by Disney's struggle to work on the monorail, and other extended maintenance tasks. We all love when the MK is open till 2am plus as it gives us this great flexibility.. but it does come at a cost, and as responsible adults we must face both the pros and cons of such choices. We can't run on sugar alone forever. Insiders relay this as well. Late hours, plus early starts are strains that the property struggles with.. and usually a balance or reduction of such instances is requested. Disney can cover for it when infrequent.. but when its done consistently, other things are sacrificed.

It's a gimmick we can't expect the majority of the time..

Matty H

Dropping it by $30 isn't a significant reduction in price when it goes from $149 to $119.

Again..... e-ride nights were just a $12 add-on. Thats my basis of comparison.

See, this was my thought, too. I suppose it IS a 20% price drop. But, it's just still an insanely expensive price. Plus, there's just something unsavory about having daily admission to a park, then being told you have to leave, but can buy another (more expensive!) admission ticket to come back in on the same day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom