Disney After Hours returns to the Magic Kingdom at new lower pricing

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It makes good business sense. They've booked the normal carry for the usual park hours (facilities cost, maintenance) and will only need to expend the labor and operational costs. The EME hours which are booked for attracting customers to the onsite hotels are not impacted, and cast members get work hours. This is where some peoples logic escapes me as they complain that some how they are "cheated" because the published general admission hours are not expanded as well. Just because a facility or ride isn't in operation 24 by 7 by 365 doesn't decrease its acquisition cost or tax basis. Any additional utilization which produces revenue increases the return on initial and ongoing investment.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
They have a 10 year old running TDO right? That's the only thing that can remotely explain this.

This is still more expensive than the holiday parties with less entertainment offerings. I give it 3 nights before they make it free for DVC members again.

365 day festivals at Epcot and now we are on the way with 365 day hard ticket events at the MK.

djkidkaz

They have a 10 year old running TDO right? That's the only thing that can remotely explain this.

This is still more expensive than the holiday parties with less entertainment offerings. I give it 3 nights before they make it free for DVC members again.

365 day festivals at Epcot and now we are on the way with 365 day hard ticket events at the MK.

This is what I was thinking. The holiday parties are $85 and you get from 4pm to midnight, snacks and all the other bells and whistles like fireworks and parades. $119 for 3 hours is more than a full day ticket. Just can't see how anyone could justify this.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This is what I was thinking. The holiday parties are $85 and you get from 4pm to midnight, snacks and all the other bells and whistles like fireworks and parades. $119 for 3 hours is more than a full day ticket. Just can't see how anyone could justify this.

But you are not a Disney bean counter... I really hoped that the last failure (they had to GIVE the tix away) would have taught TDO something, this move absolutely REEKS of desperation.

Jon81uk

Yep that price still seems crazy, as you say a Christmas or Halloween party gets you 4pm to midnight for $80-100, including candy or cookies/cocoa and unique characters and parades. The After hours for $119 gets you 7pm to 11pm with Coke and pre-pack ice cream and no special entertainment.

I expect the Halloween & Christmas party prices to jump next year, Disney don't see After Hours as too expensive I bet, they see the other parties as too cheap.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
You know I reconsidered this, since they raised the price of the Premium Mickey Bar to $5, I could probably make this a break even scenario. Of course I'd wind up in the Hospital afterwards, but...

Come on you know that this thought had crossed into the minds of some Pixie Dusters....

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Consistent doesn't necessarily mean accurate.

I don't think they are going to remove them, but it seems like corporate feels they don't "need" them anymore. They reduced it to 2 hours because the bean counters saw that it wasn't generating any extra benefit, and figured the plebs will still come anyway. People don't see it as a perk anymore, it's more of a given.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom