Disney After Hours returns to the Magic Kingdom at new lower pricing

JohnD

Let's see if you can answer direct questions without deflection and name calling. Here it goes-

How many dates are listed for this event?
How many times per week?
Are park hours advertised in plain site for all to see?
Do people have the option to do MK on a different day or evening besides on one of these nights?

Edit- FYI- I was at MK at 8am after a MVMCP night. The park was not any cleaner or dirtier than at 8am on another day that was a MVMCP night. You do know you could say the same about EMH too though, right? Do you wish for those to go away as well?

Per WDWMagic, here are the answers:

How many dates are listed for this event? --> 7

How many times per week? --> Once (1/20, 1/27, 2/2, 2/9, 2/16, 3/2, 3/16)

Are park hours advertised in plain site for all to see? --> I found park hours on website. MK closures are (as currently listed. Could change): 1/20,27: 9pm; 2/2 forward: 8pm

Do people have the option to do MK on a different day or evening besides on one of these nights? --> No. Only on these dates.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Ok,so MK EMM has been going for close to a year now. HS EMM for what, 6 months? Is that ruining the rest of the day for people who attend these events?

Actually, there were 7 After Hours dates in April and May 2016, so your statement of "MK EMM has been going on for close to a year now" isn't accurate.

Edit - My bad, I got the acronyms mixed up and misunderstood. EMM is not what you were talking about, my apologies. Extra Magic Hours, morning and evening, have been going on for a number of years, however.

You have 2 people on this thread who have loved them, and still stayed in the parks, and still enjoyed the rest of their crowded day.
Why don't you try actually listening to people instead of constantly assuming and creating misguided theories?

Just giving a nickel's worth of free advice here - Try listening to your own advice. Being argumentative and shoving your experience down everyone's throat on every thread doesn't win people over. I understand where you're coming from based on what you've posted. You see value in upcharge events and premium offerings and time management and getting the maximum amount of fun from your vacation. It happens to be quite opposite of how my family vacations, and that's fine. We've been to WDW so many times that we don't care if we don't get to do A, B, or C, because we've likely done it dozens of times. We don't need to cram everything into the time we spend there. And we notice things like how prices have increased at a far greater pace than inflation over the past 10+ years, while the quality and number of offerings is decreased and/or diminished. Things look good at the parks, maintenance wise, and that's good - that's the way it should be, and it hasn't always been that way.

And, as someone who utilized E-Ride Nights when they were available, they were awesome. And they were available for a number of years and were not some sort of "limited time" deal, as was suggested. These $119+ upcharge events don't hold a candle. Extra Magic Hours are ok, but they aren't the same.

Last edited:

21stamps

Actually, there were 7 After Hours dates in April and May 2016, so your statement of "MK EMM has been going on for close to a year now" isn't accurate.

Just giving a nickel's worth of free advice here - Try listening to your own advice. Being argumentative and shoving your experience down everyone's throat on every thread doesn't win people over. I understand where you're coming from based on what you've posted. You see value in upcharge events and premium offerings and time management and getting the maximum amount of fun from your vacation. It happens to be quite opposite of how my family vacations, and that's fine. We've been to WDW so many times that we don't care if we don't get to do A, B, or C, because we've likely done it dozens of times. We don't need to cram everything into the time we spend there. And we notice things like how prices have increased at a far greater pace than inflation over the past 10+ years, while the quality and number of offerings is decreased and/or diminished. Things look good at the parks, maintenance wise, and that's good - that's the way it should be, and it hasn't always been that way.

And, as someone who utilized E-Ride Nights when they were available, they were awesome. And they were available for a number of years and were not some sort of "limited time" deal, as was suggested. These $119+ upcharge events don't hold a candle. Extra Magic Hours are ok, but they aren't the same.

The first part- I'm talking about Early Morning Magic, not the After Hours.

I am not "shoving" or trying to convince anyone to do something they do not want to do. Nor am I telling them they are a fool for not doing one. Everyone vacations differently. What I am doing is telling the people who clog every single "WDW New Offering" thread with a bunch of baseless claims and negativity, and insults to people who do see value in these "new offerings", to please just let those of us in the 'sees value' camp to have one thread that isn't clogged up with negativity. Just one. If it isn't an event that interests you then move on, stop purposely coming to threads to insult and rant against Disney and the people who may enjoy these options.

JohnD

Why does every thread have to turn into a direct Q&A with one person??!

Dunno. Just because someone decides they may take up WDW on an offer doesn't always make them a "pixie duster." For myself, I probably wouldn't make use of this offer. Plenty of other parks to go to. Or go on a non-EMH day. (Counter-intuitive, I know. But fewer people tend to be in the park on those days and you might have the opportunity to get more done).

NYwdwfan

I am not "shoving" or trying to convince anyone to do something they do not want to do. Nor am I telling them they are a fool for not doing one. Everyone vacations differently. What I am doing is telling the people who clog every single "WDW New Offering" thread with a bunch of baseless claims and negativity, and insults to people who do see value in these "new offerings", to please just let those of us in the 'sees value' camp to have one thread that isn't clogged up with negativity. Just one. If it isn't an event that interests you then move on, stop purposely coming to threads to insult and rant against Disney and the people who may enjoy these options.
It's an Internet forum! If people don't see value it's just as much their right to point it out as it is yours to yammer about how great it is!

21stamps

It's an Internet forum! If people don't see value it's just as much their right to point it out as it is yours to yammer about how great it is!
We get it. Disney is full of Greed. Disney is Horrible. Disney should not have any extra offerings beyond a base ticket. Dessert Parties should go away. Dining packages should go away. Everything that wasn't there 10 years ago should go away. Prices should revert back to 2008. Anyone who actually still enjoys WDW and enjoys and/or is interested in their new offerings is a complete moron high on pixie dust. WE GET IT.

wdwmagic posts news, posts new offerings so we will know about them. Maybe some people come to these specific threads because they are actually interested in them? Moronic. I know.

I learned something in this thread. Someone did an event that I had been interested in but didn't do. That is the first person online or in person that I have actually heard a review from on the HS EMM. It was nice having an actual convo about that option and getting a personal review of it.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Consider for a moment that if no one ever complained about pricing, you'd be paying a lot more for what you enjoy and may even become (gasp!) one of the complainers. :)
You couldn't possibly have made this comment with a straight face. Not one single complaint about pricing has Disney ever cared about, or changed their mind about raising a particular price on something. Only when people DON'T buy a product does Disney lower the price on something, such as this born again offer. They couldn't care one whit about the complainers on this board.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Here's my fear with these after hours events - If enough people buy into them, Disney will eventually offer these more and more frequently throughout the year, except for when the Halloween and Christmas parties are offered. Quite honestly, for a while this is something I've thought they'd eventually do, splitting the parks into "regular" and "premium" offerings. Going down an even darker path potentially, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could eliminate fireworks and the nighttime parade, if/when one ever returns to MK, for "regular" guests and making them exclusively for the "premium" after hours/special events. And you have no idea how sad it makes me to think like that, but it's what Disney has become - focused solely on the bottom line. And don't give me the "Diznee is a bizness!!" nonsense. The company was able to produce a profit for decades without needing to resort to these types of tactics.

NYwdwfan

We get it. Disney is full of Greed. Disney is Horrible. Disney should not have any extra offerings beyond a base ticket. Dessert Parties should go away. Dining packages should go away. Everything that wasn't there 10 years ago should go away. Prices should revert back to 2008. Anyone who actually still enjoys WDW and enjoys and/or is interested in their new offerings is a complete moron high on pixie dust. WE GET IT.

wdwmagic posts news, posts new offerings so we will know about them. Maybe some people come to these specific threads because they are actually interested in them? Moronic. I know.

I learned something in this thread. Someone did an event that I had been interested in but didn't do. That is the first person online or in person that I have actually heard a review from on the HS EMM. It was nice having an actual convo about that option and getting a personal review of it.
That's not even close to what I said.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. EVERYONE. Including those who don't share yours. It's not your job to point out why every single one of them is WRONG just because they disagree with you.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
So just to be perfectly clear, you are ignoring my response to your charge of not having adequate time to clean the parks during a paid event, which you don't seem to have the concern about on free EMH nights which run until the same time. Got it.

Also just to be clear, my questions remain unanswered because they are irrelevant, bc in your words this entire event is a "test". So it would only make sense that this statement from you would be relevant?------

Doesn't seem to make much sense, but ok. I'm done with you. I prefer to have a convo with people who actually know why they are typing something, and can answer direct questions about what they have typed. Have a Magical Day :)

Tell me, do you snort or smoke the Pixie Dust?

Your questions are irrellavent because they are not relevant to the discussion on the major objection that people have with this hard ticket event. To be honest also, the only one here who is screaming down over everyone else is you. You have your opinions and I have mine. (even though your rantings are consistently wrong)

TWDC has made a business design to cater to the higher paying customer, be it cabanas at the parks, concierge pool service, after hours events, additional hard-ticket events, etc, etc. This event is an extension of that to see if they can successfully bring additional hard-ticket events to the MK beyond the Fall. Now if you enjoy Disney World this way, more power to you. I don't, especially if they are nickel and diming me for my entire experience.

I used to be able to spend two weeks at WDW and over the course of the two weeks ride and experience everything multiple times on my own schedule and pace. These events take that away. The current mentality is to jam everything in to a couple of nights, otherwise you miss out. You seem to be fine with it, but nothing irks me more than not being able to go the MK at night, unless I have to pay on top of the standard ticket, especially with the new scheme since unlike the party nights, you really don't get anything extra except for ice cream.

So please by all means continue shouting down everyone around you, you only make yourself more appear more foolish than you already are.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Here's my fear with these after hours events - If enough people buy into them, Disney will eventually offer these more and more frequently throughout the year, except for when the Halloween and Christmas parties are offered. Quite honestly, for a while this is something I've thought they'd eventually do, splitting the parks into "regular" and "premium" offerings. Going down an even darker path potentially, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could eliminate fireworks and the nighttime parade, if/when one ever returns to MK, for "regular" guests and making them exclusively for the "premium" after hours/special events. And you have no idea how sad it makes me to think like that, but it's what Disney has become - focused solely on the bottom line. And don't give me the "Diznee is a bizness!!" nonsense. The company was able to produce a profit for decades without needing to resort to these types of tactics.
And that's where we disagree. The naysayers here ALL think that Disney will simply start doing nothing but these premium experiences. I do not. I think that, just like EMH is only for resort guests - cutting out those that stay off-site completely, these will never be more than once weekly occurrences, and probably not even all-year round. I realize that time will tell, but so far, they have not traveled down the path that certain people claim is inevitable. I don't think it's inevitable at all.

glvsav37

You do know that when they do events like this, they cut back on nighttime entertainment for the normal guest. (not to mention that it is 3 hours less for maintenance and cleaning of the park LOLOLOL) Why have a park open till 10 and do parades (if they ever get another one) and fireworks, when you can have plebs PAY an additional inflated price to ride 7DMT for 4 hours straight.

I just checked and the MK closes at 8pm almost every weeknight though the whole month of january. We can debate the 1 hour difference in closure on these nights, then so be it.

As for cutting back night time entertainment...well as you noted, they already lost the parade since what, October, November? So this event has nothing to do with that. So there is no Wishes those nights, but except for Epcot, every other park closes before MK thought the month. So if you really needed to see wishes, you can hop back to MK any other night w/o missing virtually anything else.

Then, as for cleaning (LOLOLOL....whatever that meant). The parks are routinely open until 1-2 am in the summer. Same parks, more people/trash....same clean (or not clean) level.

again...no one is gong to be 100% happy with everything. I'm sure people are effected by the Halloween and Christmas parties that are hard tickets and they close the parks early for. So the only difference between those and this is that there is a special overall theme to those...does that make it better?

Now, just to prove I don't mainline pixie dust. What I don't like is that we are less then 1 month away from the start of this, and WDW is just announcing it. So yea, if I wasn't going to this, and had a late FP that I booked 2 months ago, or a late dining reservation I made 180 days ago, I would be pretty ed. If WDW wants us to play by their rules and have our itineraries locked down months before we come there, then they need to follow suit. I know its been debated before, but that would be my real only issue with these events.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I used to be able to spend two weeks at WDW and over the course of the two weeks ride and experience everything multiple times on my own schedule and pace. These events take that away. The current mentality is to jam everything in to a couple of nights, otherwise you miss out. You seem to be fine with it, but nothing irks me more than not being able to go the MK at night, unless I have to pay on top of the standard ticket, especially with the new scheme since unlike the party nights, you really don't get anything extra except for ice cream.
So how does having one event, one night per week, at only one park, AFTER the park closes, diminish your capability to spend 2 weeks there and ride and experience what you want to multiple times????????

Luxe

But clogging up every single thread with your condescending babbling about how nothing is wrong with Disney and how dare people criticize valid concerns with the recent "offerings" is totally fine? It's a two way street and you're driving into oncoming traffic.

There's plenty of other Disney boards out there where people gush over everything Disney does and how it's the best thing since sliced bread, if that's what you enjoy.

21stamps

That's not even close to what I said.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. EVERYONE. Including those who don't share yours. It's not your job to point out why every single one of them is WRONG just because they disagree with you.
So you came to this thread to discuss me. I came to discuss the subject of the title.

I was having a discussion, a normal one. When who should appear? Nope it wasn't Santa Claus, it was 2 of the same people who appear on every new option thread. Appear and start their name calling and snark at the what was it? Pwebs? Because all of us short sited sheep pay extra for something.

Have fun with your elementary games. I'm out.

Laketravis

You couldn't possibly have made this comment with a straight face. Not one single complaint about pricing has Disney ever cared about, or changed their mind about raising a particular price on something. Only when people DON'T buy a product does Disney lower the price on something, such as this born again offer. They couldn't care one whit about the complainers on this board.

I don't think that's true at all, in fact I know of several instances where consideration was made in response to complaints about price.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom