Disney After Hours returns to the Magic Kingdom at new lower pricing

rkleinlein

Why limit this to after hours? They should have ENTIRE DAYS when the parks are closed to "normal" guests and open only for the pleasure of select "VIP" guests. Disney could easily recoup admission prices by charging significantly more. Triple? Quadruple? The sky is the limit. On select days the happiest place on Earth can also be the most exclusive place on Earth. Plenty of rich people would gladly pay for the privilege of not waiting in lines with the great unwashed masses.

Bandini

Even in the last 10 years I have been at the parks...between Thanksgiving and before the Christmas crowds, and had little or no wait on most attractions. That all eneded a few years back, and with the new Fastpass Plus system it seems like everything in the park is always totally full and backed up. Seems like the parks are busier than ever... wonder why then are they so stingy with the money for improvements and new attractions?
All Mk improvements have been directed to increased attendance. Disney is spending it's money on restaurants and extra cement (NFL and in front of the castle). Both are aimed at packing in more bodies. This coupled with the crowd management known as FP+ are the improvements. While Universal is adding rides, Disney is adding cement!
I remember going to the parks between Thanksgiving and Christmas too. Most every ride was a walk on. Pictures that I took during those visits show nearly empty parks.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Is there a reason you seem to defend everything Disney does?
Well, if you read all of my posts, you would see that I don't. There are a whole host of things I don't like that management has done. I completely disagree with Tiana's Riverboat Party. I don't like that they have waited so long to finally pump a bunch of money into the parks. I don't like that maintenance suffered 10-15 years ago. BUT, they are doing much better on maintenance, they are pumping literally billions into the parks now, and upkeep/cleaning has improved greatly over the last 5 years. Does that excuse their past behavior? No, of course not. But we don't have to continually HARP on it over and over and over.

Oh, and as far as the upcharges go. Like I said about Tiana's Party. I completely disagree that any attraction should be taken down during the day for a paid event. Wrong on all counts. But others like this After Hours deal, and the express bus service, I'm fine if people want to pay for those. We won't, because we don't see the value, but there are other upcharges that we do see value in. We spent money to have breakfast with Chef Geoffrey Zakarian in EPCOT when we were there. Well worth the extra money, and it affected a regular guest not at all - just like the vast majority of the other upcharge events. When they affect regular guests, I have a problem with it. When they are additional options, I don't.

Laketravis

My statement was based on a few insiders stating that while Disney reads these forums, they don't take action on anything said here, as we are a minuscule portion of their visitors. That is my only "proof", and it is obviously only anecdotal at best......

My apologies, I didn't get from your statement "Not one single complaint about pricing has Disney ever cared about, or changed their mind about raising a particular price on something." that you were only referring to complaints made within the boundaries of this forum. In that regard I'm not familiar enough with the internal relationship between this forum and WDW/TDO to know whether that's a true statement or not.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So you came to this thread to discuss me. I came to discuss the subject of the title.

I was having a discussion, a normal one. When who should appear? Nope it wasn't Santa Claus, it was 2 of the same people who appear on every new option thread. Appear and start their name calling and snark at the what was it? Pwebs? Because all of us short sited sheep pay extra for something.

Have fun with your elementary games. I'm out.
I had to read some of this twice (slowly) cause i thought the filters were not working :hilarious:
Nice to hear your take on this type of extra event. Still a bit steep for our holiday style but if it drops below the $100 mark i think i would look into it more.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
And Universal will soon be adding completely new parks!! ;)
Universal Studios has basically built Volcano Bay (an entire park) in less time than Disney can get a show (RoL) up and running, lol. What a joke. But dont be fooled, everything Disney does is to enhance your vacation experience. New attractions be damned, you can now pay money to ride in a bus you board backstage! Magic!

Bandini

Universal Studios has basically built Volcano Bay (an entire park) in less time than Disney can get a show (RoL) up and running, lol. What a joke. But dont be fooled, everything Disney does is to enhance your vacation experience. New attractions be damned, you can now pay money to ride in a bus you board backstage! Magic!
Don't forget the new cement in Fantasyland. That's an attraction, especially the area with the peanut shell imprints!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
One of the wonders of WDW itself is how quickly it was originally built. The initiative and innovation of the time are some of the aspects currently missed.
They built EPCOT in less time than it took to build FLE. They built EPCOT without the aid of high powered auto cad programs and high res satellite imagery and they did not open it in phases either.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Those small details were once left to be discovered by the guest, not highlighted in Imaganeering videos. Its like when someone buys you a nice gift but then keeps reminding you that you they bought you a nice and expensive item. It just makes it less special.
So don't watch them, and still discover on your own. :confused: Nobody makes you watch them. Before our recent trip, we visited not one place with a video of the new Soarin' or the Frozen Ever After ride. We like to discover whether WE like something on our own, not what some jaded internet user thinks of something.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
They built EPCOT in less time than it took to build FLE. They built EPCOT without the aid of high powered auto cad programs and high res satellite imagery and they did not open it in phases either.
Please get your history straight. They added countries and attractions well after the park opened. There were piles of dirt just sitting there for quite some time. Yes, I know, because I was there the day it opened. Not everything was there on day 1.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So don't watch them, and still discover on your own. :confused: Nobody makes you watch them. Before our recent trip, we visited not one place with a video of the new Soarin' or the Frozen Ever After ride. We like to discover whether WE like something on our own, not what some jaded internet user thinks of something.
I was referring to the mindset of the company at one point in time and the confidence they had in knowing that they had a superior product and allowed (even wanted) the experience of the guest to unfold in a story book fashion. They have now become so creatively uninterested in their product that they rely more on nostalgia and even go so far as to exploit and profit off the higher level narrative that was once included in the experience.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Please get your history straight. They added countries and attractions well after the park opened. There were piles of dirt just sitting there for quite some time. Yes, I know, because I was there the day it opened. Not everything was there on day 1.
I did not say ALL of EPCOT. Even what was open on Day 1 was far more than FLE offers and still done with less technology and in less time.

21stamps

I had to read some of this twice (slowly) cause i thought the filters were not working :hilarious:
Nice to hear your take on this type of extra event. Still a bit steep for our holiday style but if it drops below the $100 mark i think i would look into it more.

I get that. I don't think it's something that everyone is going to do or even have interest in on their vacation. (side note- price for me would be $89 with the AP discount. So depending on how cheap of a flight I can find it may be a fun and once in a lifetime thing to do with a few of my girlfriends). Here's a list of my idea of the "types of visitors" that I think Disney is targeting with this-
Adults who think they would enjoy an (almost) stroller free park. ;)
Florida Residents.
Orlando vacationers who are staying offsite bc they go to Orlando for all of the tourist stuff, not just the Mouse.
Universal travelers who may decide to head to MK for one night because of this unique event.
Anyone else who fits in the 1 day ticket category.
Families staying onsite who like the idea of walk on attractions.
Families or Adults only on a 2-4 night stay onsite who want to maximize their time at the parks.
Families or Adult only parties who just want to experience something "different" at MK.

I do not think Disney's intention with this is to appeal to everyone. It should appeal to enough for it to be a success though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom