Disney After Hours Event

ECJack

Original Poster
Sorry if this is a duplicate. I didn't see this posted anywhere else, but I heard a rumor about a new event coming to the Magic Kingdom. It would be called "Disney After Hours" and will be starting April 14. It would be an after hours event, with select attractions open for three hours after park close. Heard that it would be for a total of 3,000 people each night, and would cost $150. It sounds to me like an extra magic hours night, but open to anyone. Bookings are supposed to start April 6, but I don't know if this is true since it seems to be a really quick turnaround.

mousehockey37

Sorry if this is a duplicate. I didn't see this posted anywhere else, but I heard a rumor about a new event coming to the Magic Kingdom. It would be called "Disney After Hours" and will be starting April 14. It would be an after hours event, with select attractions open for three hours after park close. Heard that it would be for a total of 3,000 people each night, and would cost $150. It sounds to me like an extra magic hours night, but open to anyone. Bookings are supposed to start April 6, but I don't know if this is true since it seems to be a really quick turnaround.

Source?

mousehockey37

Disney knows how to suck money but even this seems too far-fetched... Buying a ticket on top of your other ticket AND it's more expensive? Who would do that? You'd be better off buying a ticket for a second day.

It does seem like a Disney thing that they'd go there, but it wouldn't fly well with visitors that had EMH being an on-site stay perk to suddenly have to pay for it. Pretty sure there'd be a riot somewhere... Maybe it was talk of a party or something and the OP just didn't catch the whole thing.

TTA94

I wouldn't mind another hard ticket event like the P&PP. They could bring back Magic Music and Mayhem Fireworks and the Enchanted Adventures Parade, or run Festival of Fantasy :)

Bolt

Not sure if this would actually be profitable with $45,000 ($150 x 3,000) of 'ticket' revenue to keep attractions up and running. I think the park would make more money if fully operating for 3 hours with more people to shop/eat. The amount of Cast it takes to 'clear a park' for Halloween and Christmas parties is pretty substantial and that's for like 20,000 people.

ChrisM

Not sure if this would actually be profitable with $45,000 ($150 x 3,000) of 'ticket' revenue to keep attractions up and running. I think the park would make more money if fully operating for 3 hours with more people to shop/eat. The amount of Cast it takes to 'clear a park' for Halloween and Christmas parties is pretty substantial and that's for like 20,000 people.

I wonder if it would be no charge to stay in the park, but you'd need to pay the $150 to ride any of the rides.

Timekeeper

I wonder if it would be no charge to stay in the park, but you'd need to pay the $150 to ride any of the rides.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Designate the "special people" to enter attractions, and leave the rest of the crowd even more time to eat and shop. It's a win/win, with the only downside being having to explain to carry-over guests why they cannot also enter an attractions, but that already happens anyway.

Edit: There have been a few times over the years that I've unknowingly stayed late/carried over into some kind of extra hours type of thing, without realizing it right away, and Disney probably took some of my money on my way out. Can you say - midnight Dole float? :hungry:

Last edited:

WDWFanDave

Actually would be $450,000. But, still questionable if they'd do it. Then again, beats staying open for the guests who paid to be there for the whole day, and instead, adds $450k in revenue for anytime they hit capacity with that program.

PhotoDave219

It used to be called E-Ride nights and it used to be under $20/person.

Codenamedubs

Well I feel like this is the nail in the coffin for the 24 hour events. If they're charging for 3 hours there appears to be very little motivation to offer 6+ additional hours for no additional cost. Very disappointing that everything is a nickel and dime event. But Disney Corp knows they will be able to get some people to buy into this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom