Disney After Hours BOO BASH

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know everyone is debating the value of this but I am definitely going. Does anyone know what time these tickets usually go on sale?

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 10.22.37 PM.png

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I usually pay like $25 for tickets to “a music concert.”

Even broadway tickets you can get pretty good deals for less than the price of this event.

Agreed. At Disneyland everyone had the opportunity to stay until 11 pm or midnight and ride with little to no wait. It was part of the admission price. It wasn’t an upsell!
Yeah 25 bucks for who? Going to see 2 of my favorite bands this summer, one is $125 and the other is $150. That is industry standard for A list bands for decent seats.

ToTBellHop

Why not? That’s always how it’s been in the past. They are changing it?

To my recollection, the only park that ever had a 30 minute buffer between park close and DAH start was AK.
Sorry, was under the impression that there was a gap between park close and DAH. Looking at February 2020 hours, that was only sometimes the case. I guess they could do HEA at 8:30 pm in September and then DAH at 9. They showed HEA at 8:30 pm during September a couple years ago before dropping it to 8 pm.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The thing that surprises me as I’ve said before is how many want to do this event mainly for less lines for rides. To me Disney is about way more than that. In fact a family of 4 could possible use the money they would spend to go to this 3hr event and stay 2 extra nights, go to a water park for a day or 2, or get 2 extra days (or more) of full day park tickets to enjoy Disney. So unless they just need to dress up, feel magical from a free Mickey ice cream, or just have to have short lines on rides they have done before for 3 hours that will go by fast, I just think this is a way to make money moreso than please most people. Having this essentially take the place of the Halloween party this year is what is causing a massive backlash from guests as well. It’s not a good optic and Disney can’t use covid as an excuse things this fall

Mickey2021

This is absolutely insane! It will cost a single person up to $199/180 = $1.10 per minute to attend this 3 hour event! For a family of 5 they will be spending $5.55 every single minute. Who the hell can afford $1000 for a family of 5 to go to this pared-down "party"?

ToTBellHop

The thing that surprises me as I’ve said before is how many want to do this event mainly for less lines for rides. To me Disney is about way more than that. In fact a family of 4 could possible use the money they would spend to go to this 3hr event and stay 2 extra nights, go to a water park for a day or 2, or get 2 extra days (or more) of full day park tickets to enjoy Disney. So unless they just need to dress up, feel magical from a free Mickey ice cream, or just have to have short lines on rides they have done before for 3 hours that will go by fast, I just think this is a way to make money moreso than please most people. Having this essentially take the place of the Halloween party this year is what is causing a massive backlash from guests as well. It’s not a good optic and Disney can’t use covid as an excuse things this fall
“Massive backlash”?

LOL. Like 3 people care. No one else even knows. Most won’t care. They’ll go to this or they won’t.

jt04

This is absolutely insane! It will cost a single person up to $199/180 = $1.10 per minute to attend this 3 hour event! For a family of 5 they will be spending $5.55 every single minute. Who the hell can afford $1000 for a family of 5 to go to this pared-down "party"?

It isn't mandatory. It is an option many guests enjoy. Those that think it is too expensive can skip it. Simple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom