Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Rescue Ranger

Usually I'm one to always defend but I can't support this. I can't. I was going to do this event instead of a day at MK but forget it. To charge that much only to pay MORE for some Halloween themed treats is outrageous. This is nothing in comparison to MNSSHP. And just for a few hours? No Hocus Pocus either.

I can enjoy the same decorations during the day. Hopefully MNSSHP returns one day better than ever before in hopes I'll have the opportunity to attend again in the not to distant future.

This event isn't bad per se, but it's not worthy of this kind of cost. Especially when you compare it to the previous Holiday events.

ToTBellHop

It astounds me the number of people defending Disney. Guess we are gluttons for punishment.
I’m willing to pay for short lines at night. My wife and I were talking about how unpleasant MNSSHP was getting due to over-crowding. That wasn’t really worth $100 a head for an old (but fun) parade and crappy fireworks. $150 for short lines and trick-or-treating during a weekend getaway? Sure.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Getting to walk onto any ride you want for three hours while eating candy and ice cream. Such punishment.... 🙄🙄
it amazes me how many will pay extra for more ride opportunities. You can basically walk on rides at rope drop, fastpass used to give us that, and extra magic hours gave us short lines but we didn’t have to pay for it. Disney is about more than that. The atmosphere. The experience. The entertainment. The Halloween party was all of this. This is just a money revenue opportunity. 3hrs will fly by in no time and at ~$50 per hour.

In my opinion folks that pay up to $200 per person for just 3hrs of being able to ride a few rides again with shorter lines isn’t doing Disney right. Just my opinion tho

maybe it’s the magical ice cream shaped liked Mickey and dollar store candy that puts it over the top

Animaniac93-98

it amazes me how many will pay extra for more ride opportunities. You can basically walk on rides at rope drop, fastpass gave us that, and extra magic hours gave us short lines but we didn’t have to pay for it. Disney is about more than that. The atmosphere. The experience. The entertainment. The Halloween party was all of this.

Eventually, Disney did change some rides during party hours which was great, but doing the same rides I could at any other time of day was never the main appeal of MNSSHP for me. I would try to do rides during the 4-7pm period and then enjoy the party specific stuff.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
it amazes me how many will pay extra for more ride opportunities. You can basically walk on rides at rope drop, fastpass gave us that, and extra magic hours gave us short lines but we didn’t have to pay for it. Disney is about more than that. The atmosphere. The experience. The entertainment. The Halloween party was all of this. This is just a money revenue opportunity. 3hrs will fly by in no time and at ~$50 per hour.

In my opinion folks that pay up to $200 per person for just 3hrs of being able to ride a few rides again with shorter lines isn’t doing Disney right. Just my opinion tho

maybe it’s the magical ice cream shaped liked Mickey and dollar store candy that puts it over the top

I get it. I do. But different strokes for different folks. Obviously the people willing to shut the park down at midnight thirty aren't going to have a heavy Venn diagram overlap with the people willing to get there an hour before the park opens because Disney isn't consistent with actual open times.

Time vs. money. Everyone sacrifices for the mouse.

Last edited:

Touchdown

How many times do you need to ride the rides in one day? Other than being able to enjoy BTMRR probably indefinitely (I am a coaster enthusiast) my limit for MK rides is probably twice for nearly everything, with the exception of HM and Splash that gets bumped to three times. DAH at MK is not geared for me, give me a half day and I’ll get enough in to make me happy.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
How many times do you need to ride the rides in one day? Other than being able to enjoy BTMRR probably indefinitely (I am a coaster enthusiast) my limit for MK rides is probably twice for nearly everything, with the exception of HM and Splash that gets bumped to three times. DAH at MK is not geared for me, give me a half day and I’ll get enough in to make me happy.

I can tell you from experience Splash six times in one day is not fun 😂😂 it's my daughter's favorite tho.

RSoxNo1

That would be a false comparison. Just like the one you just made.
This is going to be called a Halloween party by the casual guest. Disney is calling it a Halloween Party and one of the selling points of MNSSHP is also reduced crowds. I recognize that After Hours Events are reduced even further, but Disney doesn't do a good job of advertising that.

I'm sure people will pay for this, but it's definitely not for me. I'd actually consider at DHS if it guaranteed Rise of the Resistance.

BaconPancakes

I’m willing to pay for short lines at night. My wife and I were talking about how unpleasant MNSSHP was getting due to over-crowding. That wasn’t really worth $100 a head for an old (but fun) parade and crappy fireworks. $150 for short lines and trick-or-treating during a weekend getaway? Sure.
I wish I could like this post more than once. This event will be the perfect way to weed out the trash IMO.

TrainsOfDisney

If you compare the cost to a music concert, the tickets are downright cheap.
I usually pay like $25 for tickets to “a music concert.”

Even broadway tickets you can get pretty good deals for less than the price of this event.

it amazes me how many will pay extra for more ride opportunities.
Agreed. At Disneyland everyone had the opportunity to stay until 11 pm or midnight and ride with little to no wait. It was part of the admission price. It wasn’t an upsell!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom