Disney After Hours BOO BASH

danv3

For years WDW has had two separate events: Holiday Party Nights, and After Hours Events (also Early Morning Hours events).

They are not the same.

WDW decided not to do Holiday Party Nights this year (at least, not for Halloween... we've yet to know for sure about Christmas).

And so, instead, they're doing one of their other types of events. A type of event that has been happening for years.

In one sense, yes, one type of event replaces the other type of event.

In another sense, no... absolutely not... The After Hours event is not some modified version of the Holiday Party night. It's its own thing.

As its own thing, it can't be compared to the other type of event. That is the very literal point of the metaphor of comparing apples to oranges.

Compare the offerings and prices of the Boo DAH to other DAHs, especially the Villains After Hours. That's fine.

Compare the offering and prices to the Holiday Party Night? Apples and oranges.
I agree that they're not the same thing. But both events (a party and an after hours event) aren't being offered. As someone who's attended MNSSHP for almost every year over the last 10+ years, I don't see how I could not compare them in making a decision on whether or not to attend the Boo Bash.

That people come to different conclusions about the value of this event is fine and to be expected. It's not a fit for me.

It's all moot though, like comparing Mission Space to Horizons. The extinct attraction isn't coming back. Same thing here, I believe.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I agree but I think that’s more because people can’t wait to get back to normal and visit Disney again (like me) but I’m not sure the 50th is a big driver unless I’m just missing something that makes it a greater time to go
I gather there is high demand for the reasons you mention, but Disney would love to drive it even higher.

Chip Chipperson

I know we keep talking about the crowds for the 50th but do we really expect more just because they say it’s a 50th celebration and put some paint on the castle? I know ratatouille will open but don’t know what else is the major driver other than maybe some merch or am I forgetting something

Based on Park Pass and hotel room availability, I'd expect big crowds at least around the actual 50th. I was in MK on its 45th (and was still just getting my Disney feet wet so my wife and I didn't know it was the 45th until we showed up) and the park was so overpacked that we ended up leaving after our 3rd FP+ was done. We could barely move and it was very hot even without adding in the body heat of the people trying to navigate through the crowd. I'm hoping that the crowds get back to normal shortly after 10/1 so that it's not too bad in December, but pent up demand for travel combined with hype, FOMO, and nostalgia have me not assuming that anything about the crowd levels once the celebration kicks off.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Based on Park Pass and hotel room availability, I'd expect big crowds at least around the actual 50th. I was in MK on its 45th (and was still just getting my Disney feet wet so my wife and I didn't know it was the 45th until we showed up) and the park was so overpacked that we ended up leaving after our 3rd FP+ was done. We could barely move and it was very hot even without adding in the body heat of the people trying to navigate through the crowd. I'm hoping that the crowds get back to normal shortly after 10/1 so that it's not too bad in December, but pent up demand for travel combined with hype, FOMO, and nostalgia have me not assuming that anything about the crowd levels once the celebration kicks off.
Yeah those are likely a mass amount of bloggers vloggers and ultra fans who like to say they were there

danv3

I agree but I think that’s more because people can’t wait to get back to normal and visit Disney again (like me) but I’m not sure the 50th is a big driver unless I’m just missing something that makes it a greater time to go
I'm sure this fall will be busy. I'm also sure your average guest has no idea if WDW is 50 years old, 30 years old, or 68.3 years old.

October 1 will obviously be extremely busy due to bloggers and fans. But will, say, October 15, 2021 be much busier than October 15, 2019? If so, it won't be because of the anniversary.

jrhwdw

Rat, 50th WDW, Beacons of Magic, A wonderful 50th HEA Tag (hopefully) Harm, F!/DHS Pyro maybe???

The newly remodeled Poly, Epcot Monorail???

Wendy Pleakley

It's been reported that vacation expenses such as flights are rising for the summer period, and this should continue into the fall as well.

There are a lot of people who have postponed travel, and are itching to do something this summer or later this year.

mf1972

i’m not doing it. more money for a shorter event? skimming through the article, it doesn’t seem to offer as much as the normal halloween party. i have no issue with people wanting to spend the money for it, but count me out.

Notes from Neverland

There's inevitably going to be comparisons to the Halloween Party when this is the year's only Halloween event. That being said, my goodness those prices. Welcome to the new normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom