Disney After Hours BOO BASH

DisneyJoe

My guess on Halloween is that they had a higher cap for that to begin with. Or upped it in live time when it "sold out" day of and then they called it a glitch.

Aug 10 is absolutely going to be capped for the sake of press. Which means we won't really know about the event capacity until well into August. Assuming any of those reach sell outs.

I'd have happily gone not the week of Halloween. Yet, this is my one trip and that's when it's scheduled. Won't be back for 5+ years.
Aug 17 is sold out now

TTA94

Yes…and in July we’ll know details…and said details won’t change…???

Oh I have no idea about details or for sure we will hear by July. All I know is I’m not dropping a ton of $$ into Boo Bash then turning around in a few weeks and dropping another chunk for something I Really care about lol. Christmas events are a no brainer for me regardless of the cost. This will likely be the mindset for many which is why the same situation will happen as it is for Boo Bash, if not worse. But, for me, I won’t be going for the attractions, with the exception of one or two.

dreday3

When you put your personal needs above others -- we call that being 'selfish'

When people say 'hate the game, not the player' -- that's basically saying "I know it and don't blame me for taking advantage" -- aka still doing something they know has consequences but deflect the blame.

A business can charge anything... it's an offer. When people pay it, they 'set the market'. So when people give in and don't take a stand against insanity because "I have needs..." well, they 'set the market' and everyone lives with the consequences.

Those that can step outside of their own bubble understand the consequences. Those that know it, and don't care... well that's the selfish shining through.

Everyone is selfish.

Anyone who pays increased resort prices (anywhere) is selfish.
Anyone who pays increased prices at a restaurant is selfish.
Anyone who pays higher for movie tickets is selfish.
Anyone who pays higher for new cell phones is selfish.
Anyone who pays higher for their Neutrogena product (yes, it increased by $5 today at Target!!!) is selfish.

Everyone is selfish.

BaconPancakes

Oh and btw, attending an after hours at Disney isn’t a “need” it’s a luxury. You’re not going to die if you don’t go. I also don’t get the logic that this is going to replace MNSSHP. Take off the damn tin foil hats…

Chip Chipperson

When you put your personal needs above others -- we call that being 'selfish'

When people say 'hate the game, not the player' -- that's basically saying "I know it and don't blame me for taking advantage" -- aka still doing something they know has consequences but deflect the blame.

A business can charge anything... it's an offer. When people pay it, they 'set the market'. So when people give in and don't take a stand against insanity because "I have needs..." well, they 'set the market' and everyone lives with the consequences.

Those that can step outside of their own bubble understand the consequences. Those that know it, and don't care... well that's the selfish shining through.

Keep in mind:
  1. It's been stated by MansionButler84 that WDW makes more money per night from the parties than they do from After Hours, so the risk of Disney deciding to only hold DAH events after the 50th celebration is over is very slim because they would be choosing to make less money - and nobody honestly expects them to opt for LESS profit.
  2. If they held the parties as usual and kicked the day guests out before the fireworks then people would have complained about that.
  3. If they held the parties at their usual price, but DIDN'T kick the day guests out early, then people would complain about paying the same amount of money for less party time.
  4. If they held NO party or DAH events at all? People would most certainly complain about that and question why Universal can hold their HHN but Disney can't hold anything.
Having established those facts, it's not really selfish at all for people to buy tickets to these DAH events just because some other people are afraid that Disney would choose the less profitable DAH events over MNSSHP and MVMCP when the 50th celebration ends. The Boo Bash might not be everyone's cup of tea, but that doesn't mean it's selfish for others to buy tickets and (hopefully) enjoy themselves. People calling them selfish are misdirecting their anger and disappointment because they wanted a different option that would realistically not satisfy many people this year because of points 2, 3, and 4 above.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Keep in mind:
  1. It's been stated by MansionButler84 that WDW makes more money per night from the parties than they do from After Hours, so the risk of Disney deciding to only hold DAH events after the 50th celebration is over is very slim because they would be choosing to make less money - and nobody honestly expects them to opt for LESS profit.
A statement based largely on the idea that AH events run less frequently than the parties... and where is that trend headed? :)
  1. If they held NO party or DAH events at all? People would most certainly complain about that and question why Universal can hold their HHN but Disney can't hold anything.
Here's a crazy idea... you have seasonal entertainment, and you run the park longer hours because of the demand you built up. Crazy talk right? I mean who would think Disney could do that... I mean its not like Disneyland doesn't do it... err.. oh wait, they stopped that because they decided to monetize it instead due to the 'unprecedented demand'.

The Boo Bash might not be everyone's cup of tea, but that doesn't mean it's selfish for others to buy tickets and (hopefully) enjoy themselves.

No, what was being called selfish is when people ignore consequences to others or when they blame the game.
People calling them selfish are misdirecting their anger and disappointment because they wanted a different option that would realistically not satisfy many people this year because of points 2, 3, and 4 above.
No, it's calling a spade a spade. People want to act like there is only one thing that matters... well wear it proud.

dreday3

A statement based largely on the idea that AH events run less frequently than the parties... and where is that trend headed? :)

Here's a crazy idea... you have seasonal entertainment, and you run the park longer hours because of the demand you built up. Crazy talk right? I mean who would think Disney could do that... I mean its not like Disneyland doesn't do it... err.. oh wait, they stopped that because they decided to monetize it instead due to the 'unprecedented demand'.

No, what was being called selfish is when people ignore consequences to others or when they blame the game.

No, it's calling a spade a spade. People want to act like there is only one thing that matters... well wear it proud.

So when Disney raises it's prices again on everything - are you not going back? Or will you be selfish like the rest of us?

BaconPancakes

So when Disney raises it's prices again on everything - are you not going back? Or will you be selfish like the rest of us?
Right by that ladies’ logic you’re selfish if you buy a regular park ticket after they do their annual price increase. We should all be boycotting Disney forever until they lower prices on everything! Someone isn’t as smart as they think they are…

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

The concept is out of reach here. Maybe when park tickets hit $200 for 9a-6p plus another $300 for “after hours events” in a few years the concept of consequences of consumer decisions will hit home.

Touchdown

People buying party tickets is not a moral choice, ie not a sin nor an attack on a persons character. That’s a bit too far, and ridiculous.

That said I view it as a poor economic decision and is rewarding a corporation with more money for less things, thus cheapening the product for all.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Apples and oranges. An across the board price increase is something you decide if you need to go at all. Not the same thing as when product A is swapped for product B.

But to your specific point, I've already adjusted my Disney spend because yes, I feel they are over charging vs what they are offering. Which is why majority of our Disney trips in the last decade were cruises, not WDW stays.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Right by that ladies’ logic you’re selfish if you buy a regular park ticket after they do their annual price increase. We should all be boycotting Disney forever until they lower prices on everything! Someone isn’t as smart as they think they are…
No again... but I don't expect you to get it. Just move along or actually try.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The concept is out of reach here. Maybe when park tickets hit $200 for 9a-6p plus another $300 for “after hours events” in a few years the concept of consequences of consumer decisions will hit home.
"but they would never do that!!!!"

(as the thread of how how Disney will monetize FP hits how many thousands of posts...)

flynnibus

Premium Member
People buying party tickets is not a moral choice, ie not a sin nor an attack on a persons character.

That was never the statement made - but instead people leap to that because they are defensive about their behavior. The statement was that when someone dismisses or ignores consequences of their behavior because their gain is all that matters - that is selfish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom