Disney After Hours BOO BASH

BaconPancakes

Exept there is no Halloween party and this event has elements of the Halloween party. So I would say it's also different than the "after hours" they've done before.

My point stands, it's a replacement for the Halloween party offering less and charging more.

Welcome to Chapek's Disney.
MNSSHP will 100% be back next year. They only did this due to Covid restrictions and when those restrictions were lifted they couldn’t go back on it since they already announced it. The sky isn’t falling, relax.

Dan Deesnee

MNSSHP will 100% be back next year. They only did this due to Covid restrictions and when those restrictions were lifted they couldn’t go back on it since they already announced it. The sky isn’t falling, relax.

Why would Disney choose to do an event that cost them far more money, and that they make far less money on (MNSSHP)?

If this event sells really well, this is how you lose good things.

dreday3

There will still be a 50th celebration. 6 pm closures over half of the nights during the final 4 months of the year? Obviously they will make a decision based upon the popularity of the 50th by next spring, but the return of parties is certainly not set in stone.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by 6pm closures over half the nights? Do you mean MK is closing early those nights? I haven't been following hours since we don't go until late October.

ToTBellHop

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by 6pm closures over half the nights? Do you mean MK is closing early those nights? I haven't been following hours since we don't go until late October.
MK closes at 6 pm for party nights, which are 4 nights per week. The optics of doing that for 4 months of a celebration year are awful. Add to that the likelihood of a 50th tag for HEA and it is highly unlikely unless they need to drive attendance, which I do not anticipate.

They are literally making new Halloween and Christmas decorations that blend with 50th decor to give a light holiday overlay. That does not really scream “party”.

dreday3

MK closes at 6 pm for party nights, which are 4 nights per week. The optics of doing that for 4 months of a celebration year are awful. Add to that the likelihood of a 50th tag for HEA and it is highly unlikely unless they need to drive attendance, which I do not anticipate.

Ah, got it. Thanks!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
There were widespread complaints about the parties around these parts in 2019. The seaweed really is greener in somebody else’s lake.
day ride GIF

pdude81

They could probably get away with doing it once or twice a week, just would sell out fast. Or twice a week 6-12 and twice 9p-3a for those willing to stay out that late. But there is a lot of time before they'd announce anything next spring.

ToTBellHop

They could probably get away with doing it once or twice a week, just would sell out fast. Or twice a week 6-12 and twice 9p-3a for those willing to stay out that late. But there is a lot of time before they'd announce anything next spring.
Why bother when they can do Boo Bash and tell people they are doing it to keep nightly fireworks?

Lets be honest. The parties could use a significant refresh. I’d love to see them come back in 2023 with new parades and stage shows. As much as I love the current parades and Spelltacular. New decor package for 2023 while they are at it, please. INCLUDING A NEW CHRISTMAS TREE!

Squishy

Why bother when they can do Boo Bash and tell people they are doing it to keep nightly fireworks?

Lets be honest. The parties could use a significant refresh. I’d love to see them come back in 2023 with new parades and stage shows. As much as I love the current parades and Spelltacular. New decor package for 2023 while they are at it, please. INCLUDING A NEW CHRISTMAS TREE!
They cant even get there wallets to open for a 50th parade, doubt they will give a brand new parade for some seasonal event. If anything they'll just move the BTY units around, add a few things and such...

ToTBellHop

They cant even get there wallets to open for a 50th parade, doubt they will give a brand new parade for some seasonal event. If anything they'll just move the BTY units around, add a few things and such...
Parties actually get healthy budgets because they print money in addition to day guest tickets. Remember they approved ride overlays, new castle shows, and new fireworks in recent years.

pdude81

That's fair. They can just increase Boo Bash to 4 nights a week after hours and make the same money.

Do you have any idea why they aren't doing one of these on Friday 8/13? They seem to have one every other Friday and I'd rather go to the second party instead of the first. Last time I did the first MNSSHP I got stuck behind a vlog camcorder on POTC.

ToTBellHop

That's fair. They can just increase Boo Bash to 4 nights a week after hours and make the same money.

Do you have any idea why they aren't doing one of these on Friday 8/13? They seem to have one every other Friday and I'd rather go to the second party instead of the first. Last time I did the first MNSSHP I got stuck behind a vlog camcorder on POTC.
They usually start slow—1 event per week initially meets the demand.

pdude81

I'm hoping soon they announce something on the West Coast. Was planning to go out to DL for Oogie Boogie Bash last year but obviously that didn't happen.

iowamomof4

I'm trying to prepare myself for the potential hiccups that always accompany the first event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom