Disney After Hours BOO BASH

flynnibus

Premium Member
Right. So everyone who’s gone to the parks since re-opening is to blame, because they’ve paid for tickets with far less by way of attractions. And anyone who’s ever gone to an after hours event is to blame because they’ve paid for an upcharge event and Disney thinks it’s OK to do that.

No one is being forced to go. And to blame a single person is ridiculous. That post was nothing more than a knee jerk reaction that he seems to have had against a single poster for no good reason. Totally uncalled for.

But since you seem to think that’s OK, then we can all blame you instead.
You asked how does one person buying tickets " affect anyone else" - The answer is because we all buy from the same company.
Now if someone wants to get upset about other customer's behaviors... that's a different emotion. But one can not escape the fact that other customer habits influence YOUR relationship with the company as well.

Flail emotionally at people if you want - doesn't change the reality.

SamusAranX

You asked how does one person buying tickets " affect anyone else" - The answer is because we all buy from the same company.
Now if someone wants to get upset about other customer's behaviors... that's a different emotion. But one can not escape the fact that other customer habits influence YOUR relationship with the company as well.

Exactly. If as a whole, the consumer continues to accept WDW's new pricing "models", then it will never change.

havoc315

Not in my experience... both Dwarves and Space Mountain had significant lines. When Space Mountain runs a special variation - it boosts its demand.

As to Space Mountain -- Yes, IF there is a special overlay. No such overlay for Boo Bash.

Prior to pandemic, for Villain's Night, where Space Mountain did have a special overlay, I saw consistent reporting of 20-30 minute lines early in the night for Space, but under 15 minutes later in the night.

ToTBellHop

As to Space Mountain -- Yes, IF there is a special overlay. No such overlay for Boo Bash.

Prior to pandemic, for Villain's Night, where Space Mountain did have a special overlay, I saw consistent reporting of 20-30 minute lines early in the night for Space, but under 15 minutes later in the night.
As far as I know, it will have the pitch black overlay.

nickys

Premium Member

I was simply responding to a post that said “his very actions make the world a worse place for everyone”. I fail to see how buying a ticket to a Disney theme park warrants such a statement.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe the understanding is that those first two hours are still being spent in a non-after hours environment. Lines will be just as long as if you had a day pass at that time.

Those first two hours don't get you any part of the extras you're paying for. You're paying for three hours of party time.

In the 7 - 9 pm time slot:

There's no line to see the fireworks. In fact you get there in time to grab some food, find a prime spot to watch, and have little picnic waiting for HEA.

Or, you can do what I've done for the several DAHs I've attended... you check wait times. By 7 PM, lines are dying down and all the less popular rides and the ones with high capacity are walk-ons. You can do CoP, TTA, Cups, Phil, and even at times JC and PotC at that time with little wait. Then you watch the fireworks and then you can start hitting the higher tier rides, and then by 10p, the coasters are no more than 15 minutes.

Don't forget Mickey Bars. Eat 20 of them and you'll have your money back! And if you can't eat that many, grab them anyway and then throw them out. There, you've broke even.

Oh, one other thing: 2 hours of access to MK is worth something. Please let's not pretend it isn't.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
For you, and for a lot of people.

But for others, it's about the rides. Imagine waiting 90 minutes for 7DMT with children, and another 90 for Peter Pan, and 45 minutes for HM.

Now imagine doing all three in under 40 minutes.

We've had people on these forums complain about how DHS and DAK and Epcot are "half-day parks." Why? Because they're all about the rides. If anyone is "all about the rides" then an After Hours event would be worth it to them (especially if they didn't buy a ticket for the day, they can still do 5 hours in the park at night, and then the cost would only be about $30 extra for the day).

The $199 is for the one, most expensive night the other nights are comparable in price to previous After Hours events, especially the Villains After Hours. ($145).

You still get the fireworks, trick or treat, ice cream, cavalcades, and only about 15K in the park, making almost all rides walk-ons (7DMT may be 15-20 min at times).
A lot of kids won’t be able to stay up until midnight however

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom