Disney After Hours BOO BASH

peter11435

Has there ever been an after hours event that ran for 23 nights over the 3 month period?

No? Then yes, pricing is new. And the obvious elephant in the room... the target customers are coming from a party that cost almost 1/2 as much... not the DAH customers.
I don’t understand why you think how many nights the event runs is relevant. Guests aren’t expected to attend more than one and even that is optional. This pricing is not new. You are paying for a Halloween themed Disney after hours event. The pricing is consistent with previous Disney after hours events.

ToTBellHop

One boat per guest is how my invite read ...
Good. My kids are brats. I’m lowering their Fendi budget and would rather not be seen in public with them.
For you, and for a lot of people.

But for others, it's about the rides. Imagine waiting 90 minutes for 7DMT with children, and another 90 for Peter Pan, and 45 minutes for HM.

Now imagine doing all three in under 40 minutes.

We've had people on these forums complain about how DHS and DAK and Epcot are "half-day parks." Why? Because they're all about the rides. If anyone is "all about the rides" then an After Hours event would be worth it to them (especially if they didn't buy a ticket for the day, they can still do 5 hours in the park at night, and then the cost would only be about $30 extra for the day).

The $199 is for the one, most expensive night the other nights are comparable in price to previous After Hours events, especially the Villains After Hours. ($145).

You still get the fireworks, trick or treat, ice cream, cavalcades, and only about 15K in the park, making almost all rides walk-ons (7DMT may be 15-20 min at times).
I suspect there will be a bit of line for Space Mountain, too. People like the “in the dark” version.

Disstevefan1

Yes, you can enter and get on rides at 7pm. They don't just let you enter and then put you in a cage until 9pm.

The crowd question: There is plenty of precedent. So it's not exactly a total unknown. Assuming they are indeed following the After Hours template and capacity limits, then crowds will be very very low and by 10-10:30 pm, almost every ride will be walk-on.

Now, of course there is a chance they are changing the DAH template -- there is a chance they will admit far more people than they admitted for DAH -- And without stage shows drawing people away from the rides, the lines could be longer.
So I wouldn't say Unknown. I'd say: "Walk-on/Low-waits" -- Probably, but not guaranteed.

Of course you can get past the hub. They don't have security holding you down on main street. You can't get free soda and ice cream until 9pm. But you can be a normal guest from 7p-9p.... then at 9p, you get the "extras" added.
I am not so sure we can go by past trends. This is a new post pandemic WDW.

There is a lot of pent up demand, folks want to go no matter what the experience is.

One of the past trends we can rely on is that WDW WILL OVER SELL these events in order to satisfy that pent up demand.

It will be interesting to watch the Vloggers to see how it goes.

Weather_Lady

I can totally understand the frustration with Disney's never-ending march toward nickel-and-diming us into our graves and continually finding ways to charge guests for things that used to be free, but I'm really surprised at all of the hand-wringing over the price of this particular thing.

Yes, it's astronomical. But it's also the same price (or less) that suckers people paid 2 years ago for DAH events of the same duration at MK and AK, and the same price the more reputable bloggers and even posters on this forum were predicting it was going to be.

A family of four can attend Boo Bash for a minimum of $520 plus tax. Of course that's a ridiculous amount. BUT... in Disney money, that's less than the rack rate cost of a single night at the Polynesian during value season, or the cost of 2 nights' upgrade to a Club Level stay somewhere, or a single days' worth of the deluxe dining plan for that same family. It's two dinners at a restaurant like 'Ohana or Biergarten, and 1.5 times the price of a 4-day parkhopper ticket upgrade for the same party of 4 (which might be able to forego parkhoppers if they primarily had them to allow a second night at MK anyway). It's 2 Disney Dooney handbags, 20 gift shop T-shirts, or 26 refillable mugs.

In the end, the cost will be worth it to some people, in the same way those other things -- most of which I personally find "not remotely worth it," although parkhoppers and pricy dinners are certainly things in which I've indulged without regrets in the past -- are worth it to some people. Especially for those who don't visit frequently or who have a short stay and are focused on rides (rather than live entertainment, dining or admiring the scenery), a couple hours of walkons at the MK might be just the ticket, even if it means that Timmy's braces or new glasses will have to wait another year... ;)

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don’t understand why you think how many nights the event runs is relevant. Guests aren’t expected to attend more than one and even that is optional. This pricing is not new. You are paying for a Halloween themed Disney after hours event. The pricing is consistent with previous Disney after hours events.

Because ... if you pick something up, and put something else in that VERY SAME SPOT... human nature is to draw comparison between those two things and see the second as a replacement for the first. Your literal interpretation conveniently ignores the reality the business operates in. The event does not exist in total isolation - it can not be examined only in the universe of DAH events. That's just convenience to ignore EventA has been replaced by EventB...

Prior DAH events did not
- run in place of a prior party
- take the same theme as a prior party
- run in lieu of an expected party
- run for 20+ instances (like the parties)

flynnibus

Premium Member
How exactly does someone willing to buy tickets for an after hours event at a theme park affect anyone else?
Because it's one company we all are buying from - regardless of our individual situations.

The business going forward is influenced by customer choices... customers are a collective, not something where each has a completely independent relationship with the business.

jt04

Can you narrow it down ? Or just purposely ambiguous?

Asking for a friend.

Believe me I don't remember dates like that. I don't keep old ticket stubs anymore. And it isn't relevant anyway. I've already gotten enough negative feedback about threads getting derailed. And that is what inevitability happens when they become about individuals instead of the op.

We will narrow it down when we have that coffee in Communicore's new restaurant.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Still have half the event left!

If it's like regular DAH events..... Then the first 30 minutes still sees remnants of lines at E-ticket rides. Secondary rides are walk-on for the first 30 minutes.
By the 60 minute mark, Mine Train may have 20-30 minute line, other E-tickets may have a 5-10 minute line, tops.
By 90 minutes, Mine Train should be down to 15-20 minutes top, other e-tickets down to under a 5 minute line.

Not in my experience... both Dwarves and Space Mountain had significant lines. When Space Mountain runs a special variation - it boosts its demand.

acup313

Not in my experience... both Dwarves and Space Mountain had significant lines. When Space Mountain runs a special variation - it boosts its demand.
I had a different experience. I went to an after hours event in January 2020 so maybe a less busy time but both were walk on then. Granted Space Mountain wasn’t doing a special variation then.

ToTBellHop

I had a different experience. I went to an after hours event in January 2020 so maybe a less busy time but both were walk on then. Granted Space Mountain wasn’t doing a special variation then.
It would be wise to save Space for the last ride of the night if you want bang for your buck. Waiting 40 min right at 9 pm would be an unfortunate choice. It would not feel very elite.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I can totally understand the frustration with Disney's never-ending march toward nickel-and-diming us into our graves and continually finding ways to charge guests for things that used to be free, but I'm really surprised at all of the hand-wringing over the price of this particular thing.

It's simple... people are used to paying less and getting more - for similar Halloween entertainment.

People who have been going for years in Sept and Oct to enjoy halloween as part of their trip had been conditioned to expect a Halloween party as an option, at a much lower price point. Now, instead 'here is a DAH event, at 50-100% more expensive... do that if you want your party experience..."

A family of four can attend Boo Bash for a minimum of $520 plus tax. Of course that's a ridiculous amount. BUT... in Disney money, that's less than the rack rate cost of a single night at the Polynesian during value season, or the cost of 2 nights' upgrade to a Club Level stay somewhere

Yes, but those are also things that only a small portion of Disney guests normally spend on.. I could make the same argument about ferrari oil changes and butler costs... it doesn't make something any more practical/affordable to someone who never would own a ferrari or hire a butler.

, or a single days' worth of the deluxe dining plan for that same family. It's less than the price of two dinners at a restaurant like 'Ohana or Biergarten, and 1.5 times the price of a 4-day parkhopper ticket upgrade for the same party of 4 (which might be able to forego parkhoppers if they primarily had them to allow a second night at MK anyway). It's 2 Disney Dooney handbags, 20 gift shop T-shirts, or 26 refillable mugs.

Now you are more into most people's world... think about that... adding value to 4 days of your trip... vs 3 extra hours in someplace you already were going to anyway? That's where it becomes a much harder sell.

The DAH events are a splurge... the only way to justify the price at all is if you didn't already have park tickets (IMO). Everything else is just a splurge spend.

nickys

Premium Member
Because it's one company we all are buying from - regardless of our individual situations.

The business going forward is influenced by customer choices... customers are a collective, not something where each has a completely independent relationship with the business.
Right. So everyone who’s gone to the parks since re-opening is to blame, because they’ve paid for tickets with far less by way of attractions. And anyone who’s ever gone to an after hours event is to blame because they’ve paid for an upcharge event and Disney thinks it’s OK to do that.

No one is being forced to go. And to blame a single person is ridiculous. That post was nothing more than a knee jerk reaction that he seems to have had against a single poster for no good reason. Totally uncalled for.

But since you seem to think that’s OK, then we can all blame you instead.

Weather_Lady

The DAH events are a splurge... the only way to justify the price at all is if you didn't already have park tickets (IMO). Everything else is just a splurge spend.

I completely agree. My point was not that it wasn't a splurge, but that there's little one can buy at WDW anymore that isn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom