Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Dad 2 M & M

I not talking about MNSSHP being free. What I am talking about is that basically what they are offering for this year was free with park admission last year.
Can you elaborate a bit further?

Park admission this Fall: What is NOT happening this year that did last year?

Genuine question, don't misinterpret as anything other than a request for clarification...

Jrb1979

Can you elaborate a bit further?

Park admission this Fall: What is NOT happening this year that did last year?

Genuine question, don't misinterpret as anything other than a request for clarification...
Other then giving out free candy and it being in the evening, everything else they are offering as part of this was included with your admission last year. The costumed characters, the cavalcades and the special treats were all included last year. It's why I'm critical of it. Basically I see it as a paid fastpass for those who want low wait times

drizgirl

The capacity for after hours events was significantly lower than capacity for event parties. Both Halloween and Christmas parties have frequently sold out and sold out nights are quite busy. DAH events sometimes sold out and even sold out they were still slow because capacity was capped so low.
What we don't know, and likely won't know for some time is whether the attendance for these will be more like the old parties or like the after hours events.

peter11435

Well aware capacity for the After Hours was lower than the Halloween/Christmas parties. We attended many After Hours, and I can tell you some of them were busier than others, and approached the feel of a moderate capacity Halloween Party.
It may have felt that way due to the reduced offerings available. But the numbers for a sold out DAH were no where near the numbers for a sold out party. Or even an average attendance party

Dad 2 M & M

The costumed characters, the cavalcades and the special treats were all included last year. It's why I'm critical of it.
This Fall, with admission there will be no costumed characters, no cavalcades and special treats (I assume these special treats were purchase items last Fall)?

Again, asking as someone who doesn't know the line-up this Fall.....

Dad 2 M & M

What we don't know, and likely won't know for some time is whether the attendance for these will be more like the old parties or like the after hours events.
^^^^

Additionally, what will the Social Distancing, reduced staffing, etc.... do to the wait times/experience?

Reopening capacity was stated at 25%, and eventually the Parks were "packed" again.......

Dad 2 M & M

It may have felt that way due to the reduced offerings available. But the numbers for a sold out DAH were no where near the numbers for a sold out party. Or even an average attendance party
Agreed

Still agree and don't dispute....

No doubt a DAH had lower capacity, much lower than a party.

The DAH value was the low wait times for rides, as we were fine with the reduced offerings. It is when the wait times creeped up it began to lose it's value.....

ToTBellHop

No doubt, but what was the capacity? And did ANY party EVER sell out?

The simple question would be is the capacity of a party enough to be crowded if it sells out? If yes. the main benefit of the party disappears.....
They wouldn’t market low waits if they’ll allow that to not occur.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
As I recall the only DAH that sold out were at DAK during spring break 2019 and the initial villains event at the MK. I also seem to remember them giving out free DAH passes at Disney resorts to be extra nice to some guests.

Dad 2 M & M

As I recall the only DAH that sold out were at DAK during spring break 2019 and the initial villains event at the MK. I also seem to remember them giving out free DAH passes at Disney resorts to be extra nice to some guests.
Well done

my recollection seems to jive with yours. I believe another DAK at MK sold out in early Dec of ‘19...maybe the last one before Christmas. It was a rarity for a DAH to sell out or even have decent attendance. That was why some had it as a value.

During the original release they did indeed give out free tics to guests at Pop and I believe Boardwalk, as well as DVC and CMs. It appeared they were “forced” to due to low attendance. The event went on hiatus for awhile..

Jrb1979

This Fall, with admission there will be no costumed characters, no cavalcades and special treats (I assume these special treats were purchase items last Fall)?

Again, asking as someone who doesn't know the line-up this Fall.....
It has nothing to do with this fall. I don't know what to tell you. I don't see what everyone is so excited for, when now you are paying a separate admission for something that was included last year. It's inexcusable and the worst part is other parks are doing entertainment and fireworks. There is no excuse.

Dad 2 M & M

I believe some are confusing the DAH selling out with the MVMCP and MNSSHP selling out.

it was a rarity for the DAH to sell out, much less near capacity

Dad 2 M & M

It has nothing to do with this fall. I don't know what to tell you. I don't see what everyone is so excited for, when now you are paying a separate admission for something that was included last year. It's inexcusable and the worst part is other parks are doing entertainment and fireworks. There is no excuse.
I was replying to this:

“The costumed characters, the cavalcades and the special treats were all included last year. It's why I'm critical of it.”

Chip Chipperson

Other then giving out free candy and it being in the evening, everything else they are offering as part of this was included with your admission last year. The costumed characters, the cavalcades and the special treats were all included last year. It's why I'm critical of it. Basically I see it as a paid fastpass for those who want low wait times

True, but the holiday costume character cavalcades aren't something they normally do, so that was a bonus last year for the people who went to the parks. It's not like they're taking away something they typically offered in the past just so they can charge for it this year.

Chomama

I can see both sides of this debate. As someone who has been guilty of paying for every single up charge in the history of Disney, I’m out on this one. It was cute last year when they included some characters and decorations for the regular day crowd. We used to do DAH every once in a while and always had a great time. The difference here is that this is only for three hours and starts pretty late at night so not really ideal for a family and definitely not ideal given the short timeframe. As they get regular gas to leave the park there will be an overlap so really I see it being about 2 1/2 hours in the park with it very quiet. I am sure some people will think that is worth it but it’s not for me. If they announce some more details that sound exciting we will definitely reconsider

Dad 2 M & M

True, but the holiday costume character cavalcades aren't something they normally do, so that was a bonus last year for the people who went to the parks. It's not like they're taking away something they typically offered in the past just so they can charge for it this year.

Well done and thanks for that info! That was what I was trying to extract from the OP.

so they did “include” something last Fall that one will have to pay for this Fall?

I get it now, and further appreciate your explanation as to why they included it last year; it is certainly understandable as to why they would have done so under the extreme circumstances last year.

we are planning trips this month as well as later this year and will include the DAH (‘21 equivalent) in our planning.
Trying to gather as much info as possible before the official details are completed/

Dad 2 M & M

I can see both sides of this debate. As someone who has been guilty of paying for every single up charge in the history of Disney, I’m out on this one. It was cute last year when they included some characters and decorations for the regular day crowd. We used to do DAH every once in a while and always had a great time. The difference here is that this is only for three hours and starts pretty late at night so not really ideal for a family and definitely not ideal given the short timeframe. As they get regular gas to leave the park there will be an overlap so really I see it being about 2 1/2 hours in the park with it very quiet. I am sure some people will think that is worth it but it’s not for me. If they announce some more details that sound exciting we will definitely reconsider
It is something to ponder as it was a no brainer to attend before.

a couple of additional considerations:

1) Will the attendance be like MNSSHP or a DAH? If the previous, we have no desire to attend

2) Candy only? Or bottled soda, water, popcorn and ice cream? While one can only eat so much ice cream, it did have a psycho-value to it.

Now that I think about #2, I shutter a bit thinking of those peeps that carried a large bag and kept getting the “free” sodas/water to take home/to the hotel.....hey, it was included, but not my style....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom