Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Baloo62

My guess it that it will be priced like every other After Hours event. Expensive.
Thank goodness Disney added that "Inclusion Key". Change a few animatronic stereotypes but continue to price their product so that only the most privileged of society is allowed through its alabaster gates. Hypocritical virtue signaling at its finest.

Salted Nut Roll

Color me disappointed if this is what Halloween parties are going to be like from now on, mostly because it's giving us far less time in the park. In the past, when they would let you in at 4pm for a seven o'clock party, it made it worth the trip. The way it is now, you only get five hours, which seems like a lot of time but really isn't. Unless you want to also buy a day ticket of course, and who wants to have to buy two tickets for one day?
The only way I would justify attending is if the price for the event is significantly lower than a normal park ticket. Which, judging by how expensive Halloween party tickets have become, I'm not holding my breath.

I'm in CA and it seems they haven't announced anything for DLR yet. Maybe because social distancing is still pretty tight over here? I'm actually hoping DLR does what WDW did last year and just allows people to come dressed in costume and enjoy Halloween offerings without making it a separate ticketed event. That wouldn't make them nearly as much money, of course, so I doubt it. But I can dream.

deix15x8

I'm all in on the money grab, this is horrible band wagon, but what if this isn't bad? There are a lot of negative conclusions being made based on what was announced today and past comments, but they are all made by applying a negative direct money grab view. If you focus on the comment about guest satisfaction being up now and apply it to what's being announced, perhaps we are getting something better. Maybe Disney has finally realized that guest satisfaction is up because of the holiday offerings not being extra. Perhaps not having the parks randomly closing early is leading to better guest reviews. Maybe we are finally going to see the holiday offerings rolled into the normal hours of operations. Perhaps everyone gets the fireworks each night and if it's only a 50th tag there is no reason it can't be added to the end of any fireworks show including the halloween and Christmas variants. I'm sure the early closing and lack of fireworks led to underperforming days at the Magic Kingdom. The added holiday elements and even hours may results in a boost in revenue from daytime operations while the switch from mid priced high volume parties to high priced low volume after hours events may actually be able to end up breaking even or being even more profitable than the old parties were. This thread seems to be built on the assumption that we are getting a watered down party and losing a lot, but what if we are getting a new after hours format and enhanced day time elements.

themarchhare

I'm all in on the money grab
The problem with the TWDC and some of its supporters in 2021

Thank goodness Disney added that "Inclusion Key". Change a few animatronic stereotypes but continue to price their product so that only the most privileged of society is allowed through its alabaster gates. Hypocritical virtue signaling at its finest.
This being crappy doesn't suddenly make inclusion a bad thing lol

Just as the world is, there are good things that TWDC is doing right now and there are bad things that TWDC is doing right now.

tanc

if these tickets have small limited amounts, I think it would be pretty cool if the ride waits were similar to august 2020. That alone would make it worth it to me. I did not so scary halloween in 2014 and 2019 and in 2019 it was far too crowded compared to doing it in 2014. if they aren't setting a cap on these events, I don't think they're worth it but if there is a cap and ride wait times are significantly reduced, that isn't so bad.

Dad 2 M & M

if these tickets have small limited amounts, I think it would be pretty cool if the ride waits were similar to august 2020. That alone would make it worth it to me. I did not so scary halloween in 2014 and 2019 and in 2019 it was far too crowded compared to doing it in 2014. if they aren't setting a cap on these events, I don't think they're worth it but if there is a cap and ride wait times are significantly reduced, that isn't so bad.
The previous version of After Hour was just this....limited attendance and minimal crowds. Most rides were walk .... even SDMT was walk on an hour in to the event.....

Not sure if the events ever reached capacity as many peeps refused to pay the "cash grab". Additionally not sure if capacity was close to the MNNHP/MVMCP

ToTBellHop

The previous version of After Hour was just this....limited attendance and minimal crowds. Most rides were walk .... even SDMT was walk on an hour in to the event.....

Not sure if the events ever reached capacity as many peeps refused to pay the "cash grab". Additionally not sure if capacity was close to the MNNHP/MVMCP
Capacity is far lower than the parties.

peter11435

No doubt, but what was the capacity? And did ANY party EVER sell out?

The simple question would be is the capacity of a party enough to be crowded if it sells out? If yes. the main benefit of the party disappears.....
The capacity for after hours events was significantly lower than capacity for event parties. Both Halloween and Christmas parties have frequently sold out and sold out nights are quite busy. DAH events sometimes sold out and even sold out they were still slow because capacity was capped so low.

jt04

The capacity for after hours events was significantly lower than capacity for event parties. Both Halloween and Christmas parties have frequently sold out and sold out nights are quite busy. DAH events sometimes sold out and even sold out they were still slow because capacity was capped so low.

Overselling these events is the only valid criticism IMO. If someone thinks the price is too high then just don't go. It isn't a requirement. And clearly many people enjoy such opportunities.

Jrb1979

Overselling these events is the only valid criticism IMO. If someone thinks the price is too high then just don't go. It isn't a requirement. And clearly many people enjoy such opportunities.
Only valid criticism???? This so called event is what they gave you for free with park admission last year. The biggest gripe is how their competition is having their normal Halloween event. At some point Covid is no longer an acceptable reason for not doing things.

jt04

Only valid criticism???? This so called event is what they gave you for free with park admission last year. The biggest gripe is how their competition is having their normal Halloween event. At some point Covid is no longer an acceptable reason for not doing things.

The other parks aren't celebrating a 50th anniversary this year. Of which we have only basic details so far. Everything about this year will be an outlier at WDW. Yet observe the handwringing from those who need their daily dose of it. 😂

Dad 2 M & M

Well aware capacity for the After Hours was lower than the Halloween/Christmas parties. We attended many After Hours, and I can tell you some of them were busier than others, and approached the feel of a moderate capacity Halloween Party.
A bit oversimplified, but agree with the point....
When was MNSSHP was free? Bold in your comment was covered in @jt04 oversimplified "If someone thinks the price is too high then just don't go"

Dad 2 M & M

At some point Covid is no longer an acceptable reason for not doing things.
Agree with this totally....when will people wake up? And not just Disney here. Tried getting assistance at any business lately? In person, phone, email, or social media platforms?

Another note is mom and pop type places that are just now reopening.......in many cases their prices have went through the roof

Touchdown

I know this might be a stretch for some people but, there are a subset of us who really enjoy the holiday parties and will willingly pay to go to them and view them as a yearly highlight; mainly because of the parade, castle show and fireworks. At the same time, DAH does not appeal to us because they don’t have entertainment. Ergo we are quite upset with this announcement because something we really enjoyed is not being offered again this year and in its place is something that has zero appeal to us.

Jrb1979

Well aware capacity for the After Hours was lower than the Halloween/Christmas parties. We attended many After Hours, and I can tell you some of them were busier than others, and approached the feel of a moderate capacity Halloween Party.

A bit oversimplified, but agree with the point....

When was MNSSHP was free? Bold in your comment was covered in @jt04 oversimplified "If someone thinks the price is too high then just don't go"
I not talking about MNSSHP being free. What I am talking about is that basically what they are offering for this year was free with park admission last year.

Dad 2 M & M

If they can confirm capacity is low, it wouldn't be too bad to have 5 hours to ride all you want without huge waits.
it was great....the AK parties had the lowest of attendance.....MK was great as well, even during holidays of '19

Rides were walk on, even SDMT was a less than 10 min wait an hour in to the party.....

Anther note on AK.......after dark it is unreal....after dark with no other human insight is something that one just has to experience to get the full experience

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom