disney 5th and 6th gate?

Lee

Adventurer
A few weeks ago...
Second, what, if any, are the latest 5th park rumors? I've seen a magazine and a podcast advertising new 5th park rumors, but I haven't read or heard about it. Is it the usual suspects or something new? :)
And today...
5th & 6th gates - possibly - more like minor & major parks.:)

I'm not asking anyone to believe it, just remember where you heard it first.:)

Yeah...I'll keep that in mind...:rolleyes:

flavious27

I don't think land is really the issue for future parks... just getting people to attend without hurting the existing parks.

Well there is that too, making sure that a 5th gate doesn't cannibalize too much on the other gates. Land would be a problem if disney follows the zoning plans that rcid has released in their 20 year plan.

ADP2

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but if a different company (other than NBC Universal) comes in and buys the other half of Universal it could put the Universal, Warner Bros agreement in jeopardy. I believe it would give Warner Bros the right to break the Universal WWoHP agreement. Not to say they'd ever remove WWoHP out of IOA, but it might hinder future growth of the island.

Pioneer Hall

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but if a different company (other than NBC Universal) comes in and buys the other half of Universal it could put the Universal, Warner Bros agreement in jeopardy. I believe it would give Warner Bros the right to break the Universal WWoHP agreement. Not to say they'd ever remove WWoHP out of IOA, but it might hinder future growth of the island.

This is a fairly old thread now. Comcast purchased the other half of the parks from Blackstone and the sale has been completed and approved.

flavious27

Well this was what we discussed before comcast agreed to blackstone's buyout offer. Some of the license agreements had clauses if the ownership changed for uni, wwhp was one of them, Spielberg was another one. But that does not matter now.

The world ends! :rolleyes:

jmick71

Original Poster

couldn't they get get hit with a decrease in attendance( would not be that significant thought)

but also i would just like to see what disney has up their sleeves, i would hate to see disney ride it out in hopes that the HP craze will end shortly :D

Crockett

Banned
Not to hijack a thread but has anyone heard when uni plans on starting phase 2 for WWoHP.
Nothing slated thus far. Probably going to brush up on USF before investing more on IOA, as USF is in need of some new major attractions.

I'll admit I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Transformers.

flavious27

Nothing slated thus far. Probably going to brush up on USF before investing more on IOA, as USF is in need of some new major attractions.

I'll admit I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Transformers.

Well there are some new attractions coming to usf in the pipeline, though all I have heard about is a motion simulator Despicable Me attraction. There is only to need to be an expansion of wwhp to fulfill its contractual requirements. Though they should have used another site on the property that can be expanded upon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom