Disney’s Q3 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The reality is that the none of the political stuff has affected Disney earnings. Hence there is nothing for Disney to correct or change as consumers are still paying even if they don't agree with certain things the company is doing.
Just because they had a good quarter doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have been better without their PR ridiculousness

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The point is - it doesn't matter.
Not with post Covid vacation surges happening no. They did well but I expect this for some time until everyone’s gets that post Covid disney trip in then we’ll see how things get with guests and their acceptance of a lot of things like pricing, complexity, crowds, etc

el_super

Not with post Covid vacation surges happening no. They did well but I expect this for some time until everyone’s gets that post Covid disney trip in

Huh? People are going to wait until AFTER their Disney Trips are done to be angry at Disney for something that happened (at that point) years ago?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Just because they had a good quarter doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have been better without their PR ridiculousness
Maybe, maybe not, no way to really know that for sure. The point is that despite all the "woke broke Disney" talk Disney continues to make money quarter after quarter, year after year. Its not really affecting them negatively where it actually matters, in the financials.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Huh? People are going to wait until AFTER their Disney Trips are done to be angry at Disney for something that happened (at that point) years ago?
No I am referring to more than just the PR backlash. Families will get their post Covid trip in and then decide how Disney tastes based on many factors, including the PR stuff

el_super

This has been an "issue" for decades. They want more overnight, out-of-state visitors making up a higher % of park visitors, but they don't really offer the product or accommodations to really incentivize that.

The three hotels at Disneyland are routinely hitting 80-90% occupancy and they are expanding DVC again. Tourism certainly isn't as big a deal at DLR as it is at WDW, but it's not a bad business at all.

They just let in way too many Annual Passholders at a discounted rate.

hopemax

Yeah, no Wall Street person wanted to know how Pixar could survive with one of its theatrical releases not hitting its benchmarks. Or why the latest Marvel movie out for four weeks hasn't outpaced the Minions movie out for five weeks. These are serious questions!!
That’s kind of the point. These used to be segments for the company that were important enough to called out individually and now even fans resort to jokes about their insignificance, comparing them to popcorn buckets. The Studio is where most of the Disney+ content is derived. Pixar can’t even deliver original content to make it to the big screen. But somehow Disney+ will remain immune from “pipeline” issues.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If that really affected decisions as much as you're insinuating then it would affect current trips, ie trips being cancelled. Which just isn't happening.
Actually. It is. I know several real cases of that. It’s not just the political stuff though. That’s just a part of the bad taste some have gotten from Disney post Covid.

Does it matter in the big picture right now no…but I think we can all agree in some way Disney doesn’t feel the same as it did pre-Covid

SirLink

underhedge, overhedge...
Band Instruments GIF by dani

... Wombling free

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom