Disney’s Q3 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Actually. It is. I know several real cases of that. It’s not just the political stuff though. That’s just a part of the bad taste some have gotten from Disney post Covid.

Does it matter in the big picture right now no…but I think we can all agree in some way Disney doesn’t feel the same as it did pre-Covid
Your personal anecdotal evidence doesn't mean it equates to the overall attendance picture.

Again if it was such a huge deal travel plans would be cancelled now.

I've been hearing for decades that "Disney doesn't feel the same, attendance will go down because of it", and yet every year (outside of the COVID years) attendance and spending in the parks continues to go up. Will it hit a plateau at some point in the future, sure, but will it be because of some PR or political issue, probably not.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Your personal anecdotal evidence doesn't mean it equates to the overall attendance picture.

Again if it was such a huge deal travel plans would be cancelled now.

I've been hearing for decades that "Disney doesn't feel the same, attendance will go down because of it", and yet every year (outside of the COVID years) attendance and spending in the parks continues to go up. Will it hit a plateau at some point in the future, sure, but will it be because of some PR or political issue, probably not.
All I’m saying is there is a combination of things hurting Disney that likely could even make some numbers potentially better than they are.

GimpYancIent

Occupancy? How many rooms available for occupancy? How many taken out of service for refurb etc? Spending per guest? Absolutely prices, fees and charges all went up commensurate with this increase in spending, duh. The data presented is not representative of what is actually going on.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Again, maybe or maybe not. Its a bold statement to make with no qualifier to back it up, as there is no way to know.
I can back up that I know people have cancelled because they are “done with Disney” …but it’s for a number of reasons. Politics is just part of that equation for some. Based on that knowledge, if some aren’t going because of whatever reason, that is $ they otherwise would have had. It may not be much in the grand scheme of things, right now especially but it’s happening.

People are finally getting to go back post covid, post masks, etc and even some of them having returned aren’t feeling the same excitement about planning that next trip. Many factors there. All self created by Disney in one way or another.

Kamikaze

Occupancy? How many rooms available for occupancy? How many taken out of service for refurb etc? Spending per guest? Absolutely prices, fees and charges all went up commensurate with this increase in spending, duh. The data presented is not representative of what is actually going on.
Occupancy is down. (Compared to pre-COVID)
Rooms available are down. (Compared to pre-COVID)
Spending per guest is up.
Prices, fees, charges obviously are up.

Here's the thing though: Doesn't matter to the shareholders if they're making more money. In fact, the reasoning would be 'those guests we're missing can come back eventually - and we'd make EVEN MORE money'. Whether or not thats accurate remains to be seen.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I find it interesting that there are only two types of questions. 1. Streaming, streaming, streaming. 2. How much money can we expect out the Parks. Everything else, seemingly doesn't matter. Non-Disney+ Studio content, traditional network & cable, consumer products. No one cares.

Growth segment vs old faithful.

Kamikaze

I can back up that I know people have cancelled because they are “done with Disney” …but it’s for a number of reasons. Politics is just part of that equation for some. Based on that knowledge, if some aren’t going because of whatever reason, that is $ they otherwise would have had. It may not be much in the grand scheme of things, right now especially but it’s happening.

People are finally getting to go back post covid, post masks, etc and even some of them having returned aren’t feeling the same excitement about planning that next trip. Many factors there. All self created by Disney in one way or another.
People say that all the time. Have for many years. I see posts about how people long for the good times of 2017 now. Guess what - 2017 WDW was absolute garbage when you compare to say the late 90s. Just now they lit the dumpster on fire, I guess. I digress. My point is that people might say they're 'done with Disney' but its almost never true.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I'm not going to go around on this again. Your personal anecdotal evidence doesn't mean it equates to the overall attendance picture.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm not going to go around on this again. Your personal anecdotal evidence doesn't mean it equates to the overall attendance picture.
I never said it did. Attendance is up because we are finally post Covid. It certainly isn’t because of the 50th celebration or Enchantment.

But if 1 family doesn’t go as they usually do for whatever reason, that’s one family’s money they aren’t getting. There are plenty others to make up for that right now, so things still look great and booming, but still I’d rather have everyone giving me money

mikejs78

Premium Member

For every one person you know who is "Done with Disney" there are two more who want to go but can't because park reservations are sold out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom