Disney’s Q2 (Jan/Feb/Mar) FY 2020 Earnings Results Webcast on Tuesday, May 5, 4:30ET

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Q: Doug, CreditSuisse: Hulu going international?
Q: Films: when can production restart?
Q: And I’m still pushing Wall Street’s crazy push to make a new VOD window since Iger kept telling us that’s not changing for years!!
Q: Shanghai: masks for guests?

A: Chapek: Nothing moving on Hulu at the moment. #ThanksCovid
A: Chapek: Film production when we can. #ThanksCovid
A: Chapek: New VOD windows will only happen because: #ThanksCovid. After that, same model as always [please stop asking about this]
A: Chapek:Shanghai has masks for guests and employees.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Q: Jessica: Any longer term changes in business due to CV?
Q: What percent were cruises for profits?

A: Chapek: We’ll look at things. Maybe…. less expenditures for a while.
A: Chapek: Cruises will be last to come back online. But guest interest is still high.
A: Christine: [Hhahahahha] We don’t reveal those figures, but cruises are a small percentage overall. But, it has a very high enthusiasm rating.

brianstl

I think they are really overestimating what the pent up demand will be outside the first week or so. I think filling the parks even at reduced capacity will be a major issue for months. They have to be aware they will have issues there.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Q: Michael: How do you staff parks to bring it back? What level of offerings will there be.
Q: How does furloughing affect bringing staff back.

A: Chapek: We’re aiming at least 50% of offerings at start.
A: Labor will slide with attendance. Got to make sure it’s profitable.
A: Christine: We’ll still paying insurance for furloughed. We’re managing it.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Q: Stephen: Wells Fargo… Parks… if you limit attendance how do you decide who gets in.
Q: Hulu: minutiae

A: Chapek: dated tickets (doing that in Shanghai) or something similar
A: Christine: minutiae

hopemax

The Cruise answer was telling to me. They are getting high marks from guests over the other cruise lines in regards to the perception of prioritizing traveler safety. I don’t think they want to risk damaging their reputation by being too early in the reopening debate. This whole call seems like, “We have money, we trust our brand in the long term, so we can afford to play this a little safe. Competitors, you go first and we’ll watch.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom