Disney’s Q2 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast

Trauma

It can get MUCH worse.

PS: And the modern Zelda games are beautiful but very boring.
It will end up one of the highest rated games ever made.

I’ve been informed many times here that the only thing that matters is the critics opinion.

So as much as I appreciate your opinion on Zelda, I regret to inform you it’s irrelevant.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I feel like Disney would be fine if they sold most of Fox and keep National Geographic and a few classic movies.
Fox only exists now has a few studios fully integrated into TWDC. There is no "Fox Company" within Disney's corporate structure to sell off.

This would be like saying that Disney can make up a few bucks by selling off Marvel or Pixar.

And Disney wouldn't be getting back the full price they paid for Fox because they're using Fox's infrastructure in Europe for D+. And they sold off a lot of other Fox enterprises... leaving only a few studios.

And those studios are complementing Disney's "family entertainment" (children) with "general entertainment" (adults). And they bring in prestige awards that the family entertainment never could (except for mostly cornering 'best animation.')

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Your graph could use some perspective...

1683829224807.png

Casper Gutman

It will end up one of the highest rated games ever made.

I’ve been informed many times here that the only thing that matters is the critics opinion.

So as much as I appreciate your opinion on Zelda, I regret to inform you it’s irrelevant.
*sigh*

Nobody said critical consensus makes informed individual opinions irrelevant. They said review bombs by politically motivated trolls who haven't seen a film (and who often don't exist) make certain easily-manipulatable aggregate review scores irrelevant,

You're still free to dislike popular thing, which Zelda is, It will make a lot of money.

(Also, even compared to film and tv reviews, the world of professional video game reviews is a wretched hive of scum and bribery and all but the most trusted sources should be taken with mountains of salt).

Trauma

*sigh*

Nobody said critical consensus makes informed individual opinions irrelevant. They said review bombs by politically motivated trolls who haven't seen a film (and who often don't exist) make certain easily-manipulatable aggregate review scores irrelevant,

You're still free to dislike popular thing, which Zelda is, It will make a lot of money.

(Also, even compared to film and tv reviews, the world of professional video game reviews is a wretched hive of scum and bribery and all but the most trusted sources should be taken with mountains of salt).
Well if all the perfects 10’s are just bribes then I’m sure the user scores will be much lower.

Nintendo does have a lot of money to hand out after Mario showed Disney how to make a movie.

Last edited:

Tha Realest

*sigh*

Okay

IMG_0816.jpeg
IMG_0817.jpeg

Casper Gutman

I'm not really sure how this is a response to what I said - I don't know what "film twitter" encompasses, but AI-produced "art" (it's not art) is abhorrent and definitively preventing its spread is a fight worth having right now. And of course Disney banning outlets who gave them unfavorable press is unacceptable. Shall we go though the list of game reviewers who regularly take bribes, lie for access, or were fired for giving a triple-A game a bad review?

Look, I'm sure the new Zelda is fantastic and would be getting very, very high reviews in any situation. That doesn't change the fact A) I personally find the modern Zeldas tedious and B) outlets like imdb and RT regularly see culture-war-target films review bombed, making the aggregate score useless.

Touchdown

I'm not really sure how this is a response to what I said - I don't know what "film twitter" encompasses, but AI-produced "art" (it's not art) is abhorrent and definitively preventing its spread is a fight worth having right now. And of course Disney banning outlets who gave them unfavorable press is unacceptable. Shall we go though the list of game reviewers who regularly take bribes, lie for access, or were fired for giving a triple-A game a bad review?

Look, I'm sure the new Zelda is fantastic and would be getting very, very high reviews in any situation. That doesn't change the fact A) I personally find the modern Zeldas tedious and B) outlets like imdb and RT regularly see culture-war-target films review bombed, making the aggregate score useless.
Modern Zelda is only releasing its second game. BotW broke the OOT mold and quite frankly is as different from OOT-SS era as the first 3D era is different from the 2D era.

Trauma

It’s funny how this “review bombing” from culture warriors only happens to terrible products.

It also doesn’t seem to work, the critics review bombed Mario and look how much money that made.

BlakeW39

what do you think happens if Disney’s stock totally crashes? Do you think that’s a recipe for more investment in the parks?

Investment like dropping the Guardians of the Galaxy in the old UOE pavillion? Or like closing Splash and retheming it to a salt mine. Oh or perhaps closing GMR and retheming it to Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Trainwreck. Or maybe you mean investment like fixing the ye..— oh wait.

Yeah nah, I'm good on all of that 'investment' BS. I'll get more enjoyment from watching DIS stocks fall. 👍

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom