Disney’s Q2 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

Disstevefan1

Just thought this from their 10Q was interesting.

View attachment 638260

For those keeping track:

Domestic Hotel Occupancy2019202020212022
Q2 (Jan-Mar)77%35%84%
Q3 (Apr-Jun)0%50%
Q4 (Jul-Sep)~5%~55%
Q1 (Oct-Dec)92%28%73%

(Disney doesn’t break out Q4 numbers from annual so I have to back into them, hence the ~)
So Q2 of 2022 is at 84%, this is a typical pre pandemic Percentage we would expect? Perhaps a little higher for a Q2?

And that’s with park pass reservations in place. Can’t get into the park, might as well hang out at the resort, why not, you already paid for it.

Pandemic is over everyone. Someone should tell the folks over on that other thread, oh wait, we are shooting for 6K pages over there, nevermind 😀

EPCOT-O.G.

Is this bad? This seems bad. What excuses will be offered now?

B324F00F-B017-49AC-B68F-97E390B50B87.jpeg

Attachments

• 5A129974-4B09-4547-85A1-6D178A660C8A.jpeg
    5A129974-4B09-4547-85A1-6D178A660C8A.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 35

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
P my case, we have cut cable and have subscriptions to D+, Apple TV+, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Prime, Paramount, etc., and through various cell phone benefits, new Apple device promotions, and family sharing, are not paying anything for any of them. If I had to pay I'd likely whittle down to one or two.
So you haven’t cut the cable at all…

You just shoot the money through your router and over the internet now 🤪

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

And that’s with park pass reservations in place. Can’t get into the park, might as well hang out at the resort, why not, you already paid for it.
I have a theory why availability seems to get filled up like a week to 10 days out. Since I think it’s driven by staffing issues, I *feel* like once they’ve locked in employee shifts they punch a button which also caps in what the park reservations could be for that day.

Jrb1979

The average household subscribes to 4.7 streaming services.
I wonder if being Canada makes a difference. The majority of our streaming services don't have live TV with it. How long is that going to last having that many services if prices go up. Eventually it's going to get to the point as cable.

Personally I don't get the love of streaming services. I don't what's so wrong with Over The Air tv.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney is now trading under $100 a share.

This isn’t all on Disney.

We are about to enter a very dark period.

I know some like Walter think this will only be a recession.

I think this will be much worse.
It’s Disney and a recession developing

To anyone who thought the world had “figured out” recessions…my shoulder and a big hug are here for you 👍🏻

I don’t really think it will be “just a recession”…I’m just think/hope that might be it.

The problem is how they’ve “bought” their way out of recessions since 2008. The last true recession was the one that brought down Eisner in 2002 and maybe 50% of the bubble crash.

No covid recession is “red alert” to me…the numbers/facts were ignored for very rich men

Last edited:

pdude81

I think we need to give it 30 minutes to see what the hell is going on. The spread is over a dollar right now and things need to settle a bit from the overnight dump the stock took.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I wonder if being Canada makes a difference. The majority of our streaming services don't have live TV with it. How long is that going to last having that many services if prices go up. Eventually it's going to get to the point as cable.
Most here don't include Live TV either, and the ones that do cost as much as Cable anyways.

Personally I don't get the love of streaming services. I don't what's so wrong with Over The Air tv.
Free TV content stinks, it has commercials, it can't be time-shifted, and it has very little live sports.

SVOD content is good, it doesn't have commercials, and it has zero live sports.

So sports fans pretty much need cable (or a streaming product that includes Live TV, which is basically cable).

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
So Q2 of 2022 is at 84%, this is a typical pre pandemic Percentage we would expect? Perhaps a little higher for a Q2?

Pandemic is over everyone. Someone should tell the folks over on that other thread, oh wait, we are shooting for 6K pages over there, nevermind 😀
92% was the last pre-pandemic quarter that’s why I included it on the chart

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom