Disney’s Q2 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster

brb1006

Live audio webcast will at 4:30 p.m. ET/ 1:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, May 11, 2022.

Anteater

WDW Pro

D+ numbers are going to be a very, very big deal. Has Disney avoided the Netflix situation? Is it worse? It's almost impossible to get early info on this that is reliable but it could swing the stock wildly in either direction. I'm hearing that cap ex at parks is about to be slashed, so I am leaning one way... but no way to know for sure just yet.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
D+ numbers are going to be a very, very big deal. Has Disney avoided the Netflix situation? Is it worse? It's almost impossible to get early info on this that is reliable but it could swing the stock wildly in either direction. I'm hearing that cap ex at parks is about to be slashed, so I am leaning one way... but no way to know for sure just yet.

Analysts have begun to ignore subscription numbers and are focusing on revenue from subscriptions. I'm guessing they finally figured out what a lot of dumb Average Joe's knew and that subscription numbers aren't indicative of overall streaming performance - 1 billion subscribers but each paying $3/month is not getting a company very far. Naturally, there is almost assuredly a D+ price increase looming in November, plus the priced-slightly-lower-than-the-current-offering ad-supported tier to try and entice more people to sign up (but really, they just want more people paying a higher price (likely $10/month), but it will be for the "new" ad-free tier, which is what they have now). I think single-company streaming is a money-pit these days, but what do I know...

I do know that 'Kenobi' is going to get a LOT of eyeballs on D+ later this month, so they hopefully didn't **** it up. The trailers do look promising. 🤞 That may buy $lappie a few more months before the fire gets turned up under his seat again.

I'm sure $lappie will talk glowingly about how many rubes consumers are forking over $15/day/person for their incredible Genie+ service.

Jrb1979

I'm not surprised by any of it. They have been so focused on recouping losses from the shutdown.

EPCOT-O.G.

I'm hearing that cap ex at parks is about to be slashed, so I am leaning one way... but no way to know for sure just yet.
so they slashed it during Covid, opened it back up again once the Floridians swamped the parks, and now cutting again in anticipation of a recession / market correction (or both?)

Trauma

I'm hoping for a disaster so I can pick some shares up below $100.
The stock is heavily oversold as it is right now.

If earnings are good I expect a very strong push.

I wish I had a better read on earnings.

The upside reward here is going to be greater than the downside risk. I will be taking a small position of 25k. I’ll be fine eating the loss if earnings miss.

EPCOT-O.G.

The DJ is down by ~650 today... DIS being down ~$2.00 is in line with the market's slump.
Yes. For that reason I could see Chapek excusing DIS performance by pointing out that all stocks are taking a similar hit (though DIS's slide preceded the current market slowdown and Netflix crash)

Lilofan

Yes. For that reason I could see Chapek excusing DIS performance by pointing out that all stocks are taking a similar hit (though DIS's slide preceded the current market slowdown and Netflix crash)
Parks and resorts as some insiders are saying are going to be go through measures (ie Cap Ex ). Streamline spending, cuts, and focus on improving cash position.

Lilofan

I'm looking for forward looking P&R statements.
I'm thinking it will be a good quarter but if execs tell staff to make cuts, limit spending , that's a direct order. Perhaps looking long term and cap ex cuts will affect buying, maintaining current and new assets.

Last edited:

Nubs70

I'm thinking it will be a good quarter but if execs tell staff to make cuts, limit spending , that's a direct order. Perhaps looking long term and cap ex cuts will affect buying, maintaining current and new assets.
ParentsOf4 had made graphs of the impact of economic slowdowns on P&R performance. P&R is going to have significant headwinds and is going to have trouble being the cash cow.

Lilofan

ParentsOf4 had made graphs of the impact of economic slowdowns on P&R performance. P&R is going to have significant headwinds and is going to have trouble being the cash cow.
Chapek did not get the top job on his good looks. If and when cap ex is cut to the bone= better cash position.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom