News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2023 Earnings Results Webcast

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Iger..... "We felt, in looking at the results of the parks, since the returns have been so strong, we felt, why not invest more?"

Heck this is a surprise to no one. Anyone whose been going to Dis has asked for and wanted this for years. We and the parks have been ignored and the profits have been squandered. When Iger and his band of merry followers are blinded to what Uni is doing, what is and isnt working for Dis, and refuse to see whats clearly in front of them then its, Dont look at us...We always knew this was what was needed and we have to play catch up. Hoping we dont see whats taken place just a couple of years ago and on bended knee say Thankyou.

I think we all agree with you…

…but I have post whiplash syndrome from the cnbc interview

He literally said the reverse in the next sentence

“We’ll probably see that ramp up in 5 years…”

That…was textbook lie. The first part.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I called to inquire about DVC months ago, but wasn't interested in the current offerings. When I asked about Boardwalk, they told me they do have contracts available, but any contract they sold me would expire in 2042. That's fine with me. Should be a lot cheaper, right? Nope. The girl told me that it would actually be more expensive to purchase the contract. I quickly got off that phone call. It's like they don't want to sell them.
I get the frustration, the value of boardwalk is still there though due to it's location

DVC is the only timeshare I know that has surprisingly increased in value since I've had it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I called to inquire about DVC months ago, but wasn't interested in the current offerings. When I asked about Boardwalk, they told me they do have contracts available, but any contract they sold me would expire in 2042. That's fine with me. Should be a lot cheaper, right? Nope. The girl told me that it would actually be more expensive to purchase the contract. I quickly got off that phone call. It's like they don't want to sell them.
Unfortunately…that’s how it works

They charge 200-300% or more of the original price for 60% used contracts in some cases

Lilofan

I think we all agree with you…

…but I have post whiplash syndrome from the cnbc interview

He literally said the reverse in the next sentence

“We’ll probably see that ramp up in 5 years…”

That…was textbook lie. The first part.
Iger advised yesterday he is looking at another $2B in cost savings. How many heads will be chopped to achieve this?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Cheaper than what?

You are upset with the idea of something very limited availability demanding a higher price vs something that is less limited?

denyuntilcaught

With attendance declining and no new projects being developed what will Disney do? After all even Iger stated that the Parks are the Cash Cow. If we all agree profits need to stay at current levels or better, I see 2 options. Disney either starts to offer massive discounts/incentives to get fannies thru the gates OR they actually do supercharge the investments in Parks to sooner than later. If I was to guess, it will be the first option.
Isn't Option 2 the solution to preventing Option 1?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Cheaper than what?

You are upset with the idea of something very limited availability demanding a higher price vs something that is less limited?
I don’t blame them for trying…

…I blame anyone buying.

It’s stupid if you’re smart enough to break out the numbers. You end up paying probably $600+ a night in Real costs for 18 years in a studio at beach club

Yeah…that’s stupid no matter the self justification

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Isn't Option 2 the solution to preventing Option 1?
In Orlando…option 1 is needed right now…

Takes them 3 years to build slinky dog.

Alert: condition red

They cannot make more money with less customers…they’re sacrificing future revenue trying to stop the bleeding with overcharges now

And why? Because Bob Iger is on his last run here. None of this matters past his ego

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't disagree that Disney needs a new CEO - but not with Peltz/Perlmutter's influence. Perlmutter was a mentor to Chapek in regards to "value engineering", and Peltz has more companies he's helped run into the ground than ones he's been successful with. Yes, he's 85, but according to news reports it's his son that is really driving this proxy fight.

Yes, need someone new. But not Peltz or anyone that Peltz thinks would be a good choice.
The problem is the stockholders rubber stamped Iger appointing his own board for 10+ years

That’s how you get to the point we’re Peltz can make waves and gain traction

And independent board would not have allowed chapek…and would not have brought Iger back.

Period

ToTBellHop

he'll still be CEO looking for a successor so that's fair
I have an exclusive video I took tonight of Bob looking for his successor. He’s getting close.

1699583611356.gif

bmr1591

Cheaper than what?

It was frustrating that a contract ending in 2042 they were trying to sell for more than one ending in 2072. This isn’t a limited availability issue, it’s them trying to push people to buy into new DVCs because they aren’t selling. It’s foolish.

doctornick

It was frustrating that a contract ending in 2042 they were trying to sell for more than one ending in 2072. This isn’t a limited availability issue, it’s them trying to push people to buy into new DVCs because they aren’t selling. It’s foolish.

There's very few Boardwalk contracts available, so limited availability is indeed part of that cost.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You’ll be told you’re wrong…but that is exactly the approach with resells
There's very few Boardwalk contracts available, so limited availability is indeed part of that cost.
And yet still…
Again…it’s not Disneys fault. It’s those that want to toss around cash in an unwise way.

I never really got it anyway? Are people on the phone/website at 11 months to the minute to book a studio at beach club?

It it’s not available at 7 months or less…that tells me it’s too busy and I have no interest of being there on that day anyway

todd23

Iger advised yesterday he is looking at another $2B in cost savings. How many heads will be chopped to achieve this?
I took it as though they've already saved the "extra" $2 billion. Perhaps it is actually future savings (likely reduction in staff), as you indicate?

flynnibus

Premium Member
It was frustrating that a contract ending in 2042 they were trying to sell for more than one ending in 2072. This isn’t a limited availability issue

It is. Linited availability and highly desired location -> prices increasing.

Disney controls the market… they aren’t going to give things away. They know its in demand so they price it accordingly.

doctornick

It is. Linited availability and highly desired location -> prices increasing.

Disney controls the market… they aren’t going to give things away. They know its in demand so they price it accordingly.

And more specifically, they would prefer for people to buy newer contracts and be locked in for longer. So the higher price for Boardwalk (or any other older DVC property) is going to be relatively inflated in order to try to encourage people to buy at other places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom