Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2022 Earnings Results Webcast

matt9112

Surprised at how many people who spend thousands on a Disney vacation snuff at $100 or so for Disney+

Totally different products. For one you can’t really replace a disney vacation. Universal as much as I love being an AP is no disney. Disney + can be more easily snuffed out. You have other streamers for example so unless you have kids or are some cartoon wierdo there’s really no need. Just a want. Imho

CaptainAmerica

What is his argument here? Disney+ not making profit soon enough?
Seemed like it was a tone and attitude thing. DTC streaming costs are out of control and Chapek's entire presentation was sunshine and rainbows.

The guidance was also super sketchy. "DTC still on track to be profitable in 2024 as long as there isn't a recession next year" isn't super optimistic guidance when there's absolutely going to be a recession next year.

He wanted to hear a Zuckerberg-esque "yeah, this isn't great, and here's what we're doing to fix it."

Last edited:

dreday3

We like Disney +.
At least every month we have a series one of us wants to watch -for me Benedict Society started this month and husband is really enjoying Andor.
And I can always find a movie on there I haven't seen or want to rewatch.

Hulu is the BEST for shows/series. So many good ones. Movies it's okay.

Netflix is useless to me, but husband won't let me cancel. I think it's habit for him at this point. :)

Tha Realest

👀

Market’s down about 0.6%. Disney’s down 11.5%….

35F6BAE0-EA50-4B01-BFCE-C03C2841BE0F.jpeg

castlecake2.0

Disney+ is disappointing, the “Disney” stuff is lacking. Need more imagineering story type things. Or what about a come back of Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday, pick a classic each week and get people from the studios do some intros/interviews/behind the scenes about the movie, what about bringing back that Epcot show talking about real life things that inspired the park. I’m not a Star Wars or marvel fan so none of that interests me. Also they need someone to help them manage their branding and how they’re adding the fox content into the service. I hate that they just lump everything else into “Disney”. Peanuts isn’t Disney. I’ve age isn’t Disney. Simpson isn’t Disney. Make a 20th Century category and put all that stuff there and stop diluting your supposedly premier brand.

Ayla

Disney+ is disappointing, the “Disney” stuff is lacking. Need more imagineering story type things. Or what about a come back of Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday, pick a classic each week and get people from the studios do some intros/interviews/behind the scenes about the movie, what about bringing back that Epcot show talking about real life things that inspired the park. I’m not a Star Wars or marvel fan so none of that interests me. Also they need someone to help them manage their branding and how they’re adding the fox content into the service. I hate that they just lump everything else into “Disney”. Peanuts isn’t Disney. I’ve age isn’t Disney. Simpson isn’t Disney. Make a 20th Century category and put all that stuff there and stop diluting your supposedly premier brand.
The *only* things I watched on Disney+ were the behind the scenes Disney shows and the Imagineering series (so that tells you how often I used it). That is what I wanted to see, not TV shows or disney movies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think they’ll let the library stagnate because new costs are high…

I like the quality of what they do…but it’s not an expansive library for the modern consumer.
The other network streams have the same issues.

It would help to not do mini seasons. And you know - like make Star Wars movies that tell stories people want? And not go more fringe comic book marvel if they don’t have to?

Pay Chris evans…In other words.

BrianLo

Down 10% this morning, maybe somebody doesn't like what chappie had to say? Didn't buy the story???

I bought the stock though. The market is being way too short (quarterly) sighted. It was a bad quarter for the studios historically and probably the peak for D+ losses as price hikes start to come into play in the US. Mixed with an epic US dollar. Disney isn’t worth less today than 5 years ago.

Simply erase D+ losses (like we expect they will) and the net income for the company doubles.

*Not remotely financial advice. ETFs all day, I don’t believe in individual stock picking except for tiny amounts and companies that I’m knowledgeable about.

el_super

I bought the stock though. The market is being way too short (quarterly) sighted. It was a bad quarter for the studios historically and probably the peak for D+ losses

Something I realized yesterday...

HBO and Netflix have both been boasting their cancellations in the trade papers recently. In the broader sense, I realize that the street is trying to adjust how they value streaming services, and they're definitely now focusing more on profitability rather than subs, but both Netflix and HBO has shown a desire to take the hard path of reducing costs...

... while Disney has not.

In fact I didn't hear much mention from Disney/News about the 30+ billion Disney promised to spend on new content. Did they try to walk that back at all?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom