Disloyalty to Disney?

disneyparksrock

No I don't feel disloyal going to Universal. It's because I don't feel any loyalty to any billion-dollar company in the world. I think the idea of it is almost absurd. Whichever interests me more at the moment, is the one I'll go to.

WV_Jayola

I LOVE fizzle's response, because he voiced how i feel exactly! i only get to go to Orlando about once a year, and if i'm in Orlando, for the life of me, I just don't WANT to BE ANYWHERE but on WDW Property. It's what I'm interested in, it's the characters that I love, and that's that.

I'm sure Universal is pretty fun. But if I want pretty fun, I'll drive two hours to Pigeon Forge and check out Dollywood.

When I want an amazing vacation experience with the characters that resonate the most with me...

I go to WDW.

jeff.

tirian

No offense to anyone here, but...

If you feel disloyal to Disney by going to Universal, you need to stop drinking the Mickey Juice and realize that they're both companies that need to make money. :ROFLOL:

That said, I GREATLY prefer Disney, and I think fizzle75 hit the nail on the head with his response. Disney's classic library—the same one that many of the current leaders don't understand—resonates with us because the films were made by people who first considered themselves storytellers and artists. The Disney characters connect with people in a way that no spreadsheet can explain, and very few characters from anybody else get the same reaction. Snoopy and the rest of the "Peanuts" gang probably come the closest, but they aren't advertised like the Disney universe.

Universal's parks are great, and their competition is the only reason some of the upcoming improvements are coming to WDW. But I don't feel an emotional "click" with Universal. Universal's parks seem like two very well themed Six Flags to me, while Disney feels like an experience.

Hrudey3032

When you are a fanatic of something it is no doubt that you want to keep all of your time to that certain thing/place.

I went to universal and to be honest I was able to go through the parks in 4 hours. Who can do that in Disney?

It depends on people's taste.

OMG that was what happened when we w ent to Universal.We did it in 4 hours.Once I did it i didn't really feel the need to stay around where as at Disney just the environment and feel makes me want to stay.I'm not bashing Universal as it was enjoyable but I just prefer the theming and music of Disney.

As far as loyalty to Disney,well I enjoy Sea World and many other things about the area besides Disney.I like to explore and see other things so as to me personally it helps keep the Magic alive by not being burned out at being at WDW daily.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
OMG, I did disney in like 3:45 mins, ok we had to run, and to be honest we didnt do anything that had connections with kiddy characters like mike mouse and the like we are all over 8 you see. and the ak we went in saw the big plastic tree laughed and left. That ball thing at Epcot gawd boringgggggg, you just sit there when some old fart drones on and on. Theres no rides in the country part so once we did soarin and tt we realised that staying was pointless so we headed to the Studios. What a joke two rides?? call that a park. anyway we ended up at the MK We liked Space mountain though we knew its just a glorified summer fair ride, and Big Thunder was fun if a little dated, we tried PoC but camon its so short and just a bunch of mechanical dummies.

Any hoo its just not worth the money and a bit pointless like every other thread like this and some of the moronic answers of the ubber fans. But I know I dont know what its like, cause ive never been but I know I dont like it.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
OMG, I did disney in like 3:45 mins, ok we had to run, and to be honest we didnt do anything that had connections with kiddy characters like mike mouse and the like we are all over 8 you see. and the ak we went in saw the big plastic tree laughed and left. That ball thing at Epcot gawd boringgggggg, you just sit there when some old fart drones on and on. Theres no rides in the country part so once we did soarin and tt we realised that staying was pointless so we headed to the Studios. What a joke two rides?? call that a park. anyway we ended up at the MK We liked Space mountain though we knew its just a glorified summer fair ride, and Big Thunder was fun if a little dated, we tried PoC but camon its so short and just a bunch of mechanical dummies.

Any hoo its just not worth the money and a bit pointless like every other thread like this and some of the moronic answers of the ubber fans. But I know I dont know what its like, cause ive never been but I know I dont like it.

how did you know how to describe my last vacation to the last detail:lookaroun

seriosly though a thread like this is always going to split opinion.some like disney some like universal.this year we did disney only for the first time and can't say that i overly missed universal.having said that though i did miuss seaworld as its a change of pace from the other parks and living on an island of only 25 sq miles it kinda freaks me out to be more than ten minutes away from the sea and with all its "seawater" tanks it kinda feels more like home

andyajc

The theme at Disney is what makes it the best. But to say you can go round the Universal parks in 4-6 hours is rubbish. They have number of shows and doing these can take about half a day. I think if you add Universal , wet & wild & sea world together + Busch Gardens you can easily get a weeks entertainment out of them. But for me I just like to get away from the whole Disney thing now and again.Not because it gets too much,but just to appreciate all the other entertainment on offer.

Disney05

Disney has brainwashed me. I can no longer stay off property even though it would save me big $$. It's been 16 years since I went to those "other" theme parks in Orlando. Would like to visit but not sure how. I'm not opposed to the brainwashing. It could be worse. I could be hooked on illegal drugs or gambling. But no, I'd rather give all my money to the Mouse.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Disney has brainwashed me. I can no longer stay off property even though it would save me big $$. It's been 16 years since I went to those "other" theme parks in Orlando. Would like to visit but not sure how. I'm not opposed to the brainwashing. It could be worse. I could be hooked on illegal drugs or gambling. But no, I'd rather give all my money to the Mouse.

...then you're hooked on what's known on the (main) street as "Pixie dust"

Nemo14

Let me preface this with the fact that DH and I are huge Disney fans, and visit as often as we can. We've stayed in all levels of hotels there and enjoyed the experiences we've had.

That being said, I seriously doubt that we will ever stay on property again. To us, the hotels are just not worth the current prices, and we really hate the crowded busses. We really don't feel that we're missing anything by staying off-site. Plus, there are just so many great things to see and do in Florida besides WDW, we would never limit ourselves to just theme parks.

Do we feel guilty about this? Gosh, no! We love our time at WDW, but seriously, there are so many great things to see and do in Florida that don't involve Mickey!

A few years ago (when I lived in Orlando) I had an AP for universal because you could pay 15 a month and if you stopped paying on it then cancelled it so I kept it a few months did all I wanted to do and stopped paying.:ROFLOL:

Now visiting WDW I cant really afford to go anywhere else and I enjoy the DIsney Parks more, it's not really a feeling of guilt

I really cant believe that someone saw Universal and IOA in 4 hours. Now, if you said "I did Universal/IOA in 4 hours because they didnt have much that I was interested in"....thats fine. But theres alot of stuff to do there that would definitely take more than 4 hours.

I goto Disney just because I prefer it. Really simple as that. It has nothing to do with loyalty. Both Universal and Disney are after my money and thats it. They really dont care :) We will be making a visit to Universal this year however for a day to check it out....havent been in a while.

Disneykidder

I do not think it is being disloyal at all to venture off of Disney property. There are so many wonderful places to see in the world and in our country. Orlando is a very attraction based town and there is more to see besides Disney. We go to any park the is appropriate for my son to go to.

When we go to Orlando, right now it is for Disney only. In a few years when my son is old enough, we will be staying at the Nick Hotel (looks so cool) or Hard Rock and going to Universal and IOA. Right now Disney is the right thing for our family. When my son is older will I stop going to Disney? No but we will be going to other places with him as well. I am a true Disney girl through and through but I know that there are other things out there.

catz

Well for me personally you just cannot beat Disney. We always take a trip to other places when we are over there, after all we come a long way and stay on site but we do visit other parks. Universal you can do in a day(how can people spend a week there I do not know!), Seaworld is just a different experience and Discovery Cove is amazing. I don't feel disloyal as we only come over for two weeks and only spend two or three of them days away from Disney.
I must admit though there is only once place that you can get the magic!:animwink:

Burning Metal

My wife,stepson and I have been to Disney World 2 times now, stayed onsite once and offsite once. We are leaving in about a month to go back down there for 4 nights at Coranado Springs (can't wait!) Anyway...last year we didn't have alot of time or money for a vacation so we went to Universal and IOA for 3 days staying offsite. We had alot of fun, had plenty to do, but we kept saying that we wished we were at Disney World instead! I agree with the one person on here that complained about the parking and walk at Universal....just getting into the parks about killed us! That walk was terrible! They have those moving sidewalk things but it still kinda sucked.
Now we plan on moving to the West coast of Florida next summer. I'm sure we'll be in Orlando alot seeing different things but when it's a once a year vacation we just prefer Disney...

Kelsybelle

I don't feel any less loyal to WDW by enjoying any of the other attractions around the area. It's O.K. to have other interests other than WDW while your on vacation! Times are tough, money is tight all around. If you have some extra $ and can venture off WDW for the day than by all means go for it! I don't think you can really compare it to Sea World or Universal (and those are fun places to visit!) because each one is so different.

dpunky

I don't feel disloyal visiting other attractions while I'm in Orlando. The area has a lot of entertainment other than Disney. But I have to say that I still love Disney and will always make it a priority to visit WDW above anything else.

Belle91

I've only stayed onsite. Nothing compares. I've stayed at Caribbean Beach '98, Port Orleans French Quarter '01, Coronado Springs '04, and Port Orleans Riverside '06. The next time will be in '09 and I will stay at Caribbean Beach again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom