Disability Access Service (DAS) Updates

correcaminos

agreed i went this past November and was basically one of the earlier ones to try the new pre booking out & it was far from a walk in park took days before i finally was able to get the video chat then more days to finally pre book but well worth it... hoping they have somewhat found a way to better the overall process but im under no illusion it will be any different.
I was a November trip tester too.... or so it felt like it was us testing for them. Like you it took a few days to get in. When I did, it was a hot mess where the CM was pushing Genie as the way to go - not Genie+ either but was claiming I could schedule my rides for free with Genie and see how that works. If it doesn't, then to go to Guest Services to register for DAS. Fortunately we got disconnected and I wrote in a not so kind email saying training needs to be improved. But 8 hours that day and I did finally get through.

I was back again in March and that one was much easier. Just did June and I swear I had steps back again. Took 3 separate tries to get all rides scheduled as chat was not working right. Every so often I would get the "go back or log in" error. Except logging in or going back or refreshing didn't erase it. Nor was swapping browsers like before. Even tried incognito since I didn't need to video. Should have known a 40 minute wait the first day was too good to be true lol. I wrote in again to let them know that's happening more in hopes they can fix it.

The people we are traveling with just had a diagnosis for epilepsy for one of the kids. They tried 2 days before school and had no luck (they had 1.5 hours before needing to leave) and on the 2nd day after school they got through. First day they quit at 9:30pm. So still can be kinda bad IMO.

It would be nice if you could schedule a window or something to keep time down. Also would be nice if the ride selections were more automated. The first person I chatted with didn't seem to understand no afternoons meant no afternoons because that's when I need breaks. Last 2 chat people were nice and even just let me say "pick whatever is available at 9-10 am" lol.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I was a November trip tester too.... or so it felt like it was us testing for them. Like you it took a few days to get in. When I did, it was a hot mess where the CM was pushing Genie as the way to go - not Genie+ either but was claiming I could schedule my rides for free with Genie and see how that works. If it doesn't, then to go to Guest Services to register for DAS. Fortunately we got disconnected and I wrote in a not so kind email saying training needs to be improved. But 8 hours that day and I did finally get through.

I was back again in March and that one was much easier. Just did June and I swear I had steps back again. Took 3 separate tries to get all rides scheduled as chat was not working right. Every so often I would get the "go back or log in" error. Except logging in or going back or refreshing didn't erase it. Nor was swapping browsers like before. Even tried incognito since I didn't need to video. Should have known a 40 minute wait the first day was too good to be true lol. I wrote in again to let them know that's happening more in hopes they can fix it.

The people we are traveling with just had a diagnosis for epilepsy for one of the kids. They tried 2 days before school and had no luck (they had 1.5 hours before needing to leave) and on the 2nd day after school they got through. First day they quit at 9:30pm. So still can be kinda bad IMO.

It would be nice if you could schedule a window or something to keep time down. Also would be nice if the ride selections were more automated. The first person I chatted with didn't seem to understand no afternoons meant no afternoons because that's when I need breaks. Last 2 chat people were nice and even just let me say "pick whatever is available at 9-10 am" lol.

thanks for the update and i agree it boggles my mind how you cant literally have a simple reservation system that gives everyone a "window" where they will receive a video call from a CM to grant DAS access and also do the same with booking rides as well & honestly i dk why they both cant be done together on the same call. DAs has worked wonders for us & when FP was around we literally never waited for a ride... genie + is a disaster but somehow i was able to use the pre booked DAS & genie+ along w booking DAS in park and managed just fine during Thanksgiving week.

RememberWhen

You all have me super nervous about trying to arrange DAS this summer. Is it available on the weekends? Can I try to set it up on a Saturday? My son will be away at camp and we have a 3 day window between him coming home and leaving for our trip. If we can’t do it ahead, we can do it in the parks, but the prearranged LL would be really nice. How does that process work? Do you ask the CM to do a particular ride at a particular time? I’m a really visual person and have such a hard time making choices from verbal lists. I guess it will be an adventure.

correcaminos

@helenabear
In your opinion- are the time constraints and confusing and vague instructions meant to weed out those who are trying to “play the system” from those who actually would benefit from a DAS reservation?
I don't think so with the timing. I think it's simply lack of CMs. I do think requiring you to log in and the strongly worded warnings are meant to keep people out more. The time it takes to register is just a byproduct of low staffing to me. The time it takes might deter but I don't think that's intentional since you can just sign up in person.

I'm sure some who might try to game do give up because it is do utterly frustrating at times. I'm sure some who need it do as well sadly. I also know some who had DAS in the past refuse to use this because they will be questioned again. So gaming will occur.

thanks for the update and i agree it boggles my mind how you cant literally have a simple reservation system that gives everyone a "window" where they will receive a video call from a CM to grant DAS access and also do the same with booking rides as well & honestly i dk why they both cant be done together on the same call. DAs has worked wonders for us & when FP was around we literally never waited for a ride... genie + is a disaster but somehow i was able to use the pre booked DAS & genie+ along w booking DAS in park and managed just fine during Thanksgiving week.
DAS is a game changer for me. I had avoided it so many years until a friend who worked in GS said to me to shut up and do it. That losing half a day in the parks because my body goes nuts isn't worth it. So even if I do not preschedule getting it in before hand is nice as I skip a line in person.

I keep hoping it improves but after 3 tries it is just as stressful as it was last Oct.

You all have me super nervous about trying to arrange DAS this summer. Is it available on the weekends? Can I try to set it up on a Saturday? My son will be away at camp and we have a 3 day window between him coming home and leaving for our trip. If we can’t do it ahead, we can do it in the parks, but the prearranged LL would be really nice. How does that process work? Do you ask the CM to do a particular ride at a particular time? I’m a really visual person and have such a hard time making choices from verbal lists. I guess it will be an adventure.
It is open on weekends. I was on Weds, Friday, and then Sunday this week. I just was lazy and didn't try on Saturday but it is 7 days a week from 7 am to 10pm eastern. Your son doesn't have to even be on until the video. My friend who did it wound up waking her kid from a nap after a very stressful week at school Friday. They were cool about that.

You give your choices of rides and morning, afternoon or evening. They give you options if any. It's time consuming but not too bad. You do have to think on your feet. I messed up and scheduled Test Track 5 minutes before my Space 220 lunch. Oops. We'll try to fix that the day of. I do try to have my future plans up as I schedule. I just totally missed lunch lol

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
you can still obtain it via the parks but you will not be able to pre book any rides that way... pre booking decision is a 2 part process 2-30 days out after getting approved you need to go into another chat where they will ask you rides and either morning/noon/night and then give you what is available based on your choices. Painful process but worth it in the end imo

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Has anyone attempted the advanced booking over the last few days? Can you get an advanced booking for Frozen now that Guardians has opened?

correcaminos

Has anyone attempted the advanced booking over the last few days? Can you get an advanced booking for Frozen now that Guardians has opened?
The lists haven't been changed at all since they announced the changes to Genie+

To add to the conversation, I used DAS before Genie+ and while I haven't paid for Genie+ yet due to available times in the morning, I have paid for a couple VIP tours. If I am willing to plunk down for that, you can be sure it's not about the money.

CharlotteMarie

Hello,
Disney (Chat on the app) tells me that we can book the advance reservation from 2 to 30 days before the FIRST day of the trip. Yet I've read on internet that it must be 30 days ahead of the LAST day of the trip. What is the truth ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

correcaminos

Hello,
Disney (Chat on the app) tells me that we can book the advance reservation from 2 to 30 days before the FIRST day of the trip. Yet I've read on internet that it must be 30 days ahead of the LAST day of the trip. What is the truth ?

If staying onsite you can do the 30+ trip or so I was told when I called for our trip last month. I scheduled 30+trip. They claim offsite os still 30 last day. I never stay offsite to know for sure on that, but I definitely booked from first day the last time.

CharlotteMarie

If staying onsite you can do the 30+ trip or so I was told when I called for our trip last month. I scheduled 30+trip. They claim offsite os still 30 last day. I never stay offsite to know for sure on that, but I definitely booked from first day the last time.
Ok thank you very much ! I'm staying at the dolphin so I'm not too sure if it's considered onsite or not ...

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Hello,

depends on the CM... my 1st chat they would only allow me to book 1st day... i went back on 2 or 3 days later and they let me book entire trip.... 10 days

CharlotteMarie

depends on the CM... my 1st chat they would only allow me to book 1st day... i went back on 2 or 3 days later and they let me book entire trip.... 10 days
Ok thank you very much ! In that case you had to go through the live video process again or you could have access to the advance reservation chat without waiting ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom