Disability Access Service (DAS) Updates

correcaminos

I can assure you no one was “analyzed” during the call. The doctors note is just in case anyone every says anything, and I highly doubt they ever will.
Yep! 100% agree. No one analyzed in person. I carry a digital copy of a note with me. I offered it once and while I pulled it out to show the CM they barely glanced but it shows you are more serious IMO (though they easily can be faked, but still...)
They do not "analyze" anyone as they are not doctors and do not claim to be one. They are trying to weed out people trying to abuse the system as they did with the old system.
Agreed! Though DAS has always been weeding out as they see fit. I never used GAC as we had other issues with someone at the time, but I don't know if they really questioned that one or not.

Archie123

Agreed! Though DAS has always been weeding out as they see fit. I never used GAC as we had other issues with someone at the time, but I don't know if they really questioned that one or not.
The old system didn’t stop anyone from abusing it and the new system won’t either. The threat or banning people from Disney is a hollow one because they have no way to verify that someone is telling the truth and to be honest I don’t think they care that much to argue with someone.

correcaminos

The old system didn’t stop anyone from abusing it and the new system won’t either. The threat or banning people from Disney is a hollow one because they have no way to verify that someone is telling the truth and to be honest I don’t think they care that much to argue with someone.
New system? I assume you mean doing it online? Nothing about what they ask is new. No system will stop total abuse. There will always be ways around it no matter what you say. I don't think the threat is hollow either. But that's me

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Bumping this for a question. Can advanced DAS reservations now be made for the former ILLS attractions: Space Mountain, Frozen Ever After, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and Expedition Everest?

correcaminos

Bumping this for a question. Can advanced DAS reservations now be made for the former ILLS attractions: Space Mountain, Frozen Ever After, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and Expedition Everest?
No they cannot. Here is the current list https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/f...lities/attractions-available-for-das-advance/

You can get return times for each of the others once you tap into the park. Was just told that this week (chat on weds and yesterday saying the same thing)

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
No they cannot. Here is the current list https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/f...lities/attractions-available-for-das-advance/

You can get return times for each of the others once you tap into the park. Was just told that this week (chat on weds and yesterday saying the same thing)
That's interesting. I wonder if and when the 1 ride ILLS per park becomes permanent this will change. Having said that, this was also a benefit that I don't believe anyone was asking for, and clearly they haven't made efforts to expedite the video process.

correcaminos

That's interesting. I wonder if and when the 1 ride ILLS per park becomes permanent this will change. Having said that, this was also a benefit that I don't believe anyone was asking for, and clearly they haven't made efforts to expedite the video process.
I do wonder if Guardians will change Epcot too. Truthfully I do not mind. It hasn't been an issue to get return times for the rides not on the list when I have wanted it. I did notice an issue with one of my selections and lunch so I can see id they know if anything will change soon when I decide to waste a few hours to fix my mistakes lol

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I do wonder if Guardians will change Epcot too. Truthfully I do not mind. It hasn't been an issue to get return times for the rides not on the list when I have wanted it. I did notice an issue with one of my selections and lunch so I can see id they know if anything will change soon when I decide to waste a few hours to fix my mistakes lol
I could see them running both Ratatouille and Guardians on the ILLS for a bit.

bcoachable

Question for the board:
We have AP’s. Taking FIL for a couple of days when we swing through for a short visit later next month. I purchased him two days of park tickets. Made our park reservations. Our concern is heat and standing in lines with him, as he is older and has had some health issues. I’m guessing this is what DAS is for- we would love to get him a scooter - but we also know he would be insulted if we even suggest it! Where do I need to start??!! We are almost 30 days out- do I just call and ask? Does he need to be present during the call to ask if we qualify? (He won’t know/understand how to do this on his own). Any feedback is appreciated!

correcaminos

Question for the board:
We have AP’s. Taking FIL for a couple of days when we swing through for a short visit later next month. I purchased him two days of park tickets. Made our park reservations. Our concern is heat and standing in lines with him, as he is older and has had some health issues. I’m guessing this is what DAS is for- we would love to get him a scooter - but we also know he would be insulted if we even suggest it! Where do I need to start??!! We are almost 30 days out- do I just call and ask? Does he need to be present during the call to ask if we qualify? (He won’t know/understand how to do this on his own). Any feedback is appreciated!
The rule of thumb is that if a mobility device will fix the issues at hand, then they will not give it for that. So if a wheelchair or scooter would fix, then it is not for him. It's really for other issues that if in a wheelchair, the issues are still there. More cognitive or issues like epilepsy where a wheelchair won't make a difference. I deal with nuero issues as well as PTSD that neither are made better by a chair.

I know it is insulting but if that is the fix, talk with him first. Chat takes a lot of time and honestly I am on right now waiting 3 hours just to fix a schedule change. Your FIL would have to be on chat with you as well. Though reality is I don't think he would qualify.

Angel Ariel

Question for the board:
Yes, he will need to be present - they take a picture of the guest needing the DAS. I recommend signing on to the website at 7am to have the shortest wait.

correcaminos

I got zero updates on this too. They will know when they are told, so I'm told 🤔

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Safe to assume over the video chat you're still capped at a hard 6 guests even though they can do more in park?

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I actually called yesterday for something else but asked this question and was told the only rides not allowed to pre book were any ones that you had to pay that were not part of Genie +. So if you are going prior to 8/7th now i think the cutoff is. You should be able to book it.

correcaminos

I actually called yesterday for something else but asked this question and was told the only rides not allowed to pre book were any ones that you had to pay that were not part of Genie +. So if you are going prior to 8/7th now i think the cutoff is. You should be able to book it.
You were told incorrectly via phone. I was just on 3 times this week with today being the latest and they use this list

Going in June and EE is not allowed. Nor is Frozen, MMRR, or Frozen

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
You were told incorrectly via phone. I was just on 3 times this week with today being the latest and they use this list

Going in June and EE is not allowed. Nor is Frozen, MMRR, or Frozen
Right or wrong it would not be the 1st time nor the last time that they have given out wrong information…. After all this is the Disney we have come to all love 🤷‍♂️

correcaminos

Right or wrong it would not be the 1st time nor the last time that they have given out wrong information…. After all this is the Disney we have come to all love 🤷‍♂️
Yes it is! Unfortunately. I would hate people to go in thinking they could book when they cannot though. I would love to see them change it since it makes little sense. Especially Epcot coming up. But, it is what it is. The prebooking is nice even considering the wait. Just wish they'd fix the chat errors that happens so frequently

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Yes it is! Unfortunately. I would hate people to go in thinking they could book when they cannot though. I would love to see them change it since it makes little sense. Especially Epcot coming up. But, it is what it is. The prebooking is nice even considering the wait. Just wish they'd fix the chat errors that happens so frequently
agreed i went this past November and was basically one of the earlier ones to try the new pre booking out & it was far from a walk in park took days before i finally was able to get the video chat then more days to finally pre book but well worth it... hoping they have somewhat found a way to better the overall process but im under no illusion it will be any different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom