Dinosaur Rehab

jt04

Thanks Raven. I've been going on this ride every year since opening day of the park. It's hard to remember all of the effects in it. I remember the Carnotaurus lurching forward at the end, but the effect that doesn't seem to always be working is the charging Carnotaurus that comes on the left side.

It has bugs, I think this is how the Yeti got them :eek:

brucie

It's sad that they can't keep up with operational updates. I was there in Sept with my friends who had never been there and the Yetti wasn't working neither was allot of the things in CTX including the charging Dino at the end. It's sad because that was probably there one trip to Disney and I feel like they have been cheated. Shouldn't problems like that fall under regular maintenance?? If Dumbo breaks down they fix it, If TSM breaks down they fix it!! You shouldn't be able to go on a ride that is not 100% (or at least 95%) All of these problems should fall under operational maintenance. This is Disney not six flags they need to go above and beyond. And maybe if they had a 100% or no ride rule things would get taken care of better, It may take some time to get everything on track in the beginning but after learning to fix things when they break and constantly improving things so that they break less. If you had a 100% or no ride rule what would be closed right now.... Or perhaps better asked is what would be open????

jt04

It's sad that they can't keep up with operational updates. I was there in Sept with my friends who had never been there and the Yetti wasn't working neither was allot of the things in CTX including the charging Dino at the end. It's sad because that was probably there one trip to Disney and I feel like they have been cheated. Shouldn't problems like that fall under regular maintenance?? If Dumbo breaks down they fix it, If TSM breaks down they fix it!! You shouldn't be able to go on a ride that is not 100% (or at least 95%) All of these problems should fall under operational maintenance. This is Disney not six flags they need to go above and beyond. And maybe if they had a 100% or no ride rule things would get taken care of better, It may take some time to get everything on track in the beginning but after learning to fix things when they break and constantly improving things so that they break less. If you had a 100% or no ride rule what would be closed right now.... Or perhaps better asked is what would be open????

I was wondering the same thing. I don't think any rides would be open actually :eek:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Don't forget the laser effect by the Iguanodon just before the ending. I presume this is the computer "increasing the transport field" to grab him, too. I don't remember the laser at the re-entry time tunnel though...

-Rob
The Iguanodon laser was meant to be a laser `net` - that`s how you manage to bring him back to present day. A crucial part of the storyline and hardly any guest can understand it.... grrrr....

Do a quick thread search for pics I`ve posted of both laser portals and also the mechanics of the (non) moving AAs :wave:

Oriolesmagic

The Iguanodon laser was meant to be a laser `net` - that`s how you manage to bring him back to present day. A crucial part of the storyline and hardly any guest can understand it.... grrrr....

Do a quick thread search for pics I`ve posted of both laser portals and also the mechanics of the (non) moving AAs :wave:

Link?

RSoxNo1

Most people blame Phil Holmes for the short comings in the other parks with regards to maintenance and such. How come Joe Rohde hasn't been blamed at least in part for things like the failed effects in Dinosaur, The broken yeti, and the abomination known as Dinorama? Is he free of blame there?

SirGoofy

Most people blame Phil Holmes for the short comings in the other parks with regards to maintenance and such. How come Joe Rohde hasn't been blamed at least in part for things like the failed effects in Dinosaur, The broken yeti, and the abomination known as Dinorama? Is he free of blame there?

Phil is only involved with MK.

Joe is the head of creative for AK, he doesn't create the effects or maintain them. He tells the engineers what to do and they design it. The yeti's problem is an engineering flaw. Dinosaur's broken effects are because they won't pay to fix them, except the pteradactyl. That's another engineering blunder.

Dino-rama...I'm not touching Dino-rama with a 10 foot poll.

RSoxNo1

Phil is only involved with MK.

Joe is the head of creative for AK, he doesn't create the effects or maintain them. He tells the engineers what to do and they design it. The yeti's problem is an engineering flaw. Dinosaur's broken effects are because they won't pay to fix them, except the pteradactyl. That's another engineering blunder.

Dino-rama...I'm not touching Dino-rama with a 10 foot poll.

I thought Phil was involved in MK, DHS and EP

MythBuster

If you want to blame someone because of the bad maintenance and other Engineering problems. Try these 2 guys. Jeff Vahle and Trevor Larsen. They were in charge of Engineering Services for AK when it first opened and now they have been promoted and they are in charge of maintenance of the all the parks now.

Rob562

If you're looking for threads about Dinosaur and its effects, here are a few old threads:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=2253382
(This contained a link to Martin's video, but it's out-dated)

In looking through the various threads, it's interesting to note that we're still talking about almost all of the missing/broken effects we were talking about 3 years ago... (Though one or two have returned, like the entry tunnel smoke)

-Rob

jhastings74

That's funny (not really...) that the trainer I had when I was working Dinosaur (Spring of this year) said that all the effects were up and running..., yet from everything that I've learned on this thread, at least 3 were down...when we went on a ride-through, the green laser box at the end, the compies and the pteradactyl were all not working. But I'm guessing it's possible that even he didn't know about them if they've been down for a while...:shrug:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ `tis true. I`ve spoken to CMs who didn`t know Disnosaur even had any lasers, let alone that they wern`t in use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom