Dinosaur Rehab

ryguy

This ride scares the heck out of me. Its the only ride in any theme park that I wont go back on. Not because it was bad, just because it freaked me out. :eek:

RiversideBunny

This ride scares the heck out of me. Its the only ride in any theme park that I wont go back on. Not because it was bad, just because it freaked me out. :eek:

I don't really understand how that ride scares some people.
It always seems rather lame because the dinosaurs don't really do much. In fact they look sort of corny like something from an old Godzilla movie.

The Haunted Mansion is more scary.

What I associate most with Dinosaur is the very, very bumpy ride. I spend most of the time trying to stay in the seat. It's a little too bumpy, even beyond what is needed for the effect.

That, of course, is my humble opinion.
Tks.
:)

kingtrmpt

Dinosaur scares me mostly because of the ear-splitting noise! The visuals alone, while thrilling, are hardly enough to scare me. The next time I go I'll be bringing my ear plugs!

iellis14

Well since i've been on it recently, I think the ride could us a rehab. More on the AA and the light effects that go with them. It just seems dull. But one thing I dislike about DINOSAUR is that when the park first open and the open rush is on it's way. Knowing that it has duel loading stations, managment has only one side running/operational. That could be fixed. Unless other wise.

the-reason14

This swooping teradactyl seems to be a lot like the Yeti - spectacular and exciting when the attraction opens but broken only a few years later with little hope of ever being restored to its original glory. Has Disney lost its touch with audio animatronics?

Wow, I never knew that thang was supposed to swoop down at you. First time I rode it was 2002, and I dont remember it swooping down, probably had my eyes closed. But yea, I thought they just illuminated it when the man said incoming. I know one time we had went, I think the part where you lean and the carnatouras(sp) is supposed to "chase" you, I guess they were refurbing it because they had a completely different scene there that took me by suprise when I saw it.

raven

Knowing that it has duel loading stations, managment has only one side running/operational. That could be fixed. Unless other wise.

Maybe it wasn't working when you were there. It's normally functioning and it was this weekend. :wave:

VT GAL

I had no idea that there were that many effects in Dinosaur. I have only ridden it twice, because I thought it was more funny than scary. Except for one time when we got stuck in the return tunnel for about 5 minutes in the pitch dark, and the little kids were screaming and crying...it was awful. I would love to see it with everything that people are describing as working, but I still had fun on it the last 2 times regardless.

LudwigVonDrake

The last time I was on Dinosaur was in May and there was a whole scene down and missing, I think it was the Brontosaurus scene? I dunno the dinosaur name.. it just has the big long neck and swings out over the truck. Well the truck goes into the scene, slows down, but nothing happens, just background sound effects, they even removed the track audio - something like "another big one, but at least this one's a vegetarian".

That scene was back up and running when I rode it in July. It's probably down again as we speak :lol:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I rode it a few weeks ago and the audio through the whole ride was messed up...like just randomly happened during the ride...as soon as you're going through the time machine it was saying "not our dino!" and then the female computer voice sounded like it was in a huge echo chamber and also came on randomly...it was hilarious!!

Peabody

I haven't eperienced any problems recently. At least all the major Dinos seem to work. I've ridden it on 4 or 5 seperate days in the last few months. It could be a lot worse (sad attitude to have thanks to current WDW management). The Angler Fish in nemo hasn't moved in about 6 weeks, the Yeti is been down since June, etc. Certain other AAs in the parks look like they are about to fall apart.

I heard that CTX was scaled back because of budget cuts and it was supposed to feature a lot more dinos and effects....I'd love to see it if the imagineers could have had the budget they wanted.

ToTBellHop

I haven't eperienced any problems recently. At least all the major Dinos seem to work. I've ridden it on 4 or 5 seperate days in the last few months. It could be a lot worse (sad attitude to have thanks to current WDW management). The Angler Fish in nemo hasn't moved in about 6 weeks, the Yeti is been down since June, etc. Certain other AAs in the parks look like they are about to fall apart.

I heard that CTX was scaled back because of budget cuts and it was supposed to feature a lot more dinos and effects....I'd love to see it if the imagineers could have had the budget they wanted.
I think you are right...the 2nd half of the ride has noticeably few dinos. It gives the impression that they ran out of money and just decided to dim the lights and add lightning flashes.

gus ghost

Does anybody else think that the ride is a little too dark (lighting wise)? You can't really see too much environment unless there is a stobe light flashing on a dino. I'd love to see more atmosphere!

Matpez

Does anybody else think that the ride is a little too dark (lighting wise)? You can't really see too much environment unless there is a stobe light flashing on a dino. I'd love to see more atmosphere!

There isn't more atmosphere to see...

you can almost make out the walls and ceiling as it is...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom