dinner suggestions!?!?!

carver922

Original Poster
We are taking our family vacation in June. WOO HOO!!:sohappy: There will be six of us going. My husband age (33), myself (27), my 2 1/2 year old son, my mother (54), my dad (56), and my mamaw (a fairly active 76 w/o illness or disabilities), she has never been on a vacation before.

We have not been on a vacation over the last 10 years. So, we are excited about our Disney trip. We will be there 6 days 5 nights in June. We have purchased the deluxe dining package.

We love good ole american food, but open to any suggestions. We were looking for suggestions on restaurants.

We know for sure we are doing Chef Mickey's for my son, ESPN for my husband.

kimmykimmy

Tutto Italia - In Italy in Epcot. One of my absolutle favorites. I've been every time I've been to WDW (even when it was Alfredos). Its AMAZING Italian food. A bit of a nicer place though.

Prime Time Cafe - In DHS. This restaurant is SO fun! If you havn't heard about it before, it has a 50s theme and all the staff treat you like family. "No elbows on the table" and all. The food is great too! Definitely home cooked all-American.

Tony's Town Square - In MK. Its theme is Lady and the Tramp, like the restaurant from the movie. GREAT food and its super cute.

Sci-Fi Drive-In - In DHS. Burgers and your typical American food. You sit in old fashioned cars in front of a big movie screen where clips from old sci-fi movies play. Its a ton of fun!

Liberty Tree Tavern - In MK. Another one of my favorites. I ate there for the first time 2 weeks ago and LOVED it. The food is insanely delicious and meeting with the characters is great!

Garden Grill - In Epcot. A rotating restaurant with GREAT food.

Cinderella's Royal Table - In MK (obviously. lol). I ate there this past January and fell in love with the food and the atmosphere. Its awesome to be inside the castle!

Yak N Yeti - In AK. Fantastic Asian food!

Whispering Canyon - At the Wilderness Lodge. I'd reccommend this for breakfast. Awesome food and a great atmosphere.

Hope this helps! =)

tigsmom

Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL for the all you care to eat BBQ skillet
Le Cellier - great steaks and the cheese soup is :slurp:, especially with the pretzel bread.
Boma at the AKL. Now I know it sounds exotic, but if you look closely it is regular food with strange names ([FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kool Slaai is just coleslaw). My kids are very picky when it comes to trying new things, but they loved the BBQ ribs and chicken. I had some great salmon and the soups and salads were great. There is a 3 menu rotation, but the basic chicken and roasted meats are always there. [/FONT]
Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club for the seafood dinner buffet - there are plenty of things there for those who don't like seafood and a nice kiddie bar with chicken tenders, mac 'n cheese, etc.
Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK is good for sandwiches/salads for lunch or the ever popular all you care to eat Thanksgiving style dinner.

Look thru the menus and reviews, there is soooo much to choose from. :wave:

CinderellyKelly

Le Celliar and O'hana are my favorites.

O'hana has a great family style setting. They grill chicken, pork, sausage, and shrimp over a wood fire grill. It is amazing. It's all you care to eat, so come hungry.

Also it has windows all around so you can watch Wishes Fireworks show if you time your reservations right.

If Wishes starts at 8pm, I suggest making reservations for 7 pm. Even if the reservations are running a little over, you should definitely be seated by the time the fireworks start.

Have fun!!!!

SchultzFamily

Some of our favorites are:

LeCellier, Biergarten and Rose & Crown at Epcot
Crystal Palace (breakfast buffet) and Plaza Restaurant at Magic Kingdom
Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom
Mama Melrose and 50's Prime Time at the Studios

As for resorts, we like Cape May Cafe for breakfast buffet (they also have a Clambake at night--we really loved it the first time and thought the second time it was so-so)

We did not like Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge at all (DH actually got sick eating the ribs and/or chicken in the barbecue skillet)--found it overrated, but a lot of people like it. We have heard great things about the Boma breakfast at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and are trying that and Jiko next September.

Computer Magic

We are taking our family vacation in June. WOO HOO!!:sohappy: There will be six of us going. My husband age (33), myself (27), my 2 1/2 year old son, my mother (54), my dad (56), and my mamaw (a fairly active 76 w/o illness or disabilities), she has never been on a vacation before.

We have not been on a vacation over the last 10 years. So, we are excited about our Disney trip. We will be there 6 days 5 nights in June. We have purchased the deluxe dining package.

We love good ole american food, but open to any suggestions. We were looking for suggestions on restaurants.

We know for sure we are doing Chef Mickey's for my son, ESPN for my husband.
The deluxe plan has 3 meals per day. That is a lot of food. You might want to consider going to a few Signature Restaurant. Those take two credits. Some two credits

Yactsman Steakhouse. IMO is the best
Jiko
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
Narcoossee's
Spirit of Aloha Dinner
Artist Point
The Hollywood Brown Derby: Another Favorite

There are others.

ssidiouss@mac.c

#1 Do NOT do ESPN for dinner no matter what you promised to anyone. Its a nice place to watch a game or something but it just doesnt compare to what you'll be missing food/fun wise by skipping another meal for this place. Its just typical fried bar food.. horrible.

Here's your MUST DO list:

#1 OHANA DINNER - incredible food and one of the most beautiful places on property. Amazing view of the magic kingdom across the water and fun for kids and adults. Plus you can take the boat across the water to the magic kingdom for some night time rides when your done. Best ever.

#2 Japan Tapan Edo - recently refurbished... totally impressive decor inside.. and your up top above epcot which is incredible. Also its a hibatchi so its fun fore everyone at the table.

#3 La Cellear - some of the best steaks you'll ever have and your inside a wine cellar in Canada at Epcot.. nothing more cooler than this place.

#4 50's Prime Time Cafe - you gotta eat somewhere at MGM so this is the place. Usually you have some fun interaction with the waiters and also its like a time trip to the 50s.. very cool.

#5 Crystal Palace Breakfst - one of the highest rated breakfast buffetts in disney world and your right at the end of main street at the magic kingdom. Amazing way to start a trip.

#6 HOOP DEE DOO REVIEW - JUST DO IT.

DormaNesbit

O'hana---we love it! Even my 12 year old DD who normally eats chicken fingers and nothing else loves the food there.

We also enjoyed Boatwrights at Port Orleans Riverside. We had a very delicious meal there!

KC82271

Chef Mickey for dinner. Try to book it so you are done just before Wishes starts in the MK. Watch the fireworks from the balcony of the hotel. My 3 YO DD loves doing it that way. Dinner is usually an hour from start to finish in order to see all characters.

wvdisneyfamily

We'll be there in June, too! :sohappy: Here are the places we enjoy.
Artist Point
1900 Park Fare
Captain's Grill
Sci Fi
Le Cellier
Boatwrights
Whispering Canyon
Maya Grill
Coral Reef
Liberty Tree Tavern

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Ohhh!! There are SO many yummy spots!!

At MK, I suggest - Crystal Palace and LTT for TS and Casey's for CS
At AK, I suggest - Yak and Yeti for either TS or CS as it is both. And if mentioned you had a young son, and he might really like Donald's Safari Breakfast!!!!
At DHS, I suggest - I'm not a fan of any of the TS at DHS - but 50's and Sci - Fi are very popular. I really like Toy Story Pizza Planet for CS.
At Epcot, I suggest - Le Cellier and Rose and Crown for TS. I try and avoid the CS in Future, they are so big and busy and the food was, ehhh? Also, in Italy, Tutto, has had mixed recommendations, more poor then good i'm afraid. I was there in Nov and the food was okay. There are SOOOO many other great and amazing places to eat!
At the resorts, I suggest - 1900 Park Fare and Cape May for Character Dining Experieces. Chef Mickey's is one of the best!

We are doing Ohana and Beaches and Cream for the first time this year at the resorts. Those have both gotten great reviews! And we are also doing Les Chefs and Beirgartan for something different at Epcot. I have heard the dinner shows are really very good too! Might be fun for the whole family to do one!!

Happy Planning!! :sohappy:

shmmrname

Whispering Canyon Cafe and 50's PrimeTime both sound like they'd be great, especially for your particular age group needs. I'd also suggest Spoodles at the Boardwalk, it's great and then you get to mess around in an under-utilized area. With 5 days, you might want to hammer out your daily park plans first, then plan your meals around them. When you call to make PS's, just have an idea of which park you'll be in/leaving and a general timeframe you'd like to eat within. Alot of times, the CM your talking to will make really great suggestions. I've been turned on to Narcossees, Citricos, and Spoodles in the last two trips, all thanks to helpful recommendations from a CM.

texasteacher

I recommend Ohana's. Take a break from the Magic Kingdom, hop on the resort monorail to the Polynesian, and you are there!
I will be there in June also!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom