Dinner and a Movie

zandalee

Original Poster
Waiting patiently for my next trip to the World (not!). So I was thinking about setting up family movie night once a week and my thoughts immediately went to Disney films. I pulled the list of full length animated feature films for Disney and the Pixar releases and then combined Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros and took out The Fox and the Hound and Oliver and Company (because quite frankly I just don’t like them!) in order to get to 52, one for each week of the year. Still not 100% percent set on the list – I might pull out 3 more to add the Pirates of the Caribbean films (not animated but favorites).

Anyway – Would anyone like to help me plan theme menus? Lady and the Tramp is easy – salad, spaghetti and meatballs and bread sticks. How hard would it be to make the meatballs into Mickey heads? What would I have for dessert? :slurp:

Any other ideas?

(sorry if this is posted in the wrong area!)

1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
2. Pinocchio
3. Fantasia
4. Dumbo
5. Bambi
6. Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros
7. Make Mine Music
8. Fun and Fancy Free
9. Melody Time
10. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
11. Cinderella
12. Alice in Wonderland
13. Peter Pan
14. Lady and the Tramp
15. Sleeping Beauty
16. 101 Dalmations
17. The Sword in the Stone
18. The Jungle Book
19. The Aristocats
20. Robin Hood
21. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
22. The Rescuers
23. The Black Cauldron
24. The Great Mouse Detective
25. The Little Mermaid
26. The Rescuers Down Under
27. Beauty and the Beast
28. Aladdin
29. The Lion King
30. Pocahontas
31. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
32. Hercules
33. Mulan
34. Tarzan
35. Fantasia 2000
36. The Emperor’s New Groove
37. Atlantis: The Lost Empire
38. Lilo & Stitch
39. Treasure Planet
40. Brother Bear
41. Home on the Range
42. Chicken Little
43. Meet the Robinsons
44. Bolt

45. Toy Story
46. A Bug’s Life
47. Toy Story 2
48. Monsters, Inc.
49. The Incredibles
50. Cars
51. Ratatouille
52. WALL-E

protiius

fantastic idea!! rights let's think of some menu options:

1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: not sure about the main course, but would have to be apple pie for desert!!
4. Dumbo: again, unsure of the main course, but peanut butter cookies for desert?
5. Bambi: would veal be too vulgar?
6. Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros: burritos!!
10. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad: again, would frog's legs be be inappropriate?
14. Lady and the Tramp: defo spaghetti and meatballs (esp. if you can do mickey meatballs, which should be easy enough!!!)
21. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: honey glazed ham with mash...
23. The Black Cauldron: a stew? cooked in a huge cauldron-like pot for theatrics sake...
25. The Little Mermaid: seafood!! um, lobster? eaten with a dinglehopper of course!!
27. Beauty and the Beast: whatever you eat it has to be silver service, lol!!!
28. Aladdin: chicken kebabs?
31. The Hunchback of Notre Dame: pasta...
33. Mulan: Moo shu pork!!
45. Toy Story: burger, pizza and chips?
51. Ratatouille: surely ratatouille niçoise is the only option here?

Beccone

I'm doing something similar. We are going to WDW in August and we have been doing Disney movie night for a couple months now. I just came upon the recipe thread in the restaurants section on here and there are great recipes from the park. I've already got a list of things to try out on our Disney night, first being the meatloaf from 50's Primetime which we all love. You could probably get some great ideas over there :)

jen2009

This is a great idea! I think I will try it for our upcoming trip in December. It will be our 2nd honeymoon(long story) and first trip during christmas!:sohappy:

zandalee

Original Poster
Lets see - Snow White

Stew - isn't that what she fixes the dwarfs for dinner that first night?
Rolls
Apple strudel - since the fairy tale is from Germany

EaglesfanNJ

Great idea and nice thread!

I'm biased towards POTC movies so i would absolutely take 3 out and put those 3 in. I would also pull another movie out and put "UP" in as well. I know it's not out yet, but your trip is a year away so by the time you leave i'm sure it will be out on DVD.

trr1

why not put in song of the south
you could have
fried chicken, corn bread, mint jullip, cole slaw and for dessert
savana cheese cake cookies :slurp::slurp:

Chrononymous

is it even possible to get this film on DVD?

Not officially...but there was a very short lived video release.

I love this idea! So many easy choices are obvious...like Chinese food for Mulan, and Mexican(or Brazilan tapas!) for three caballeros/saludos, fish and chips with Greta Mouse Detective, a mushroom dish with Alice...

and steak for Home on the Range seems so...wrong. and yet so right! :p

and you HAVE to have waffles while you watch Bolt!

Steve-B

:sohappy: Great idea! I can't offer any ideas, but I can offer encouragement! :sohappy:
Please post the menu that you settle on. I'd like to see it.

I only wish I was that creative :lookaroun

sarabi

Oh how I wish I had thought of this! What a great idea!

I can spend a lot of time putting together menus for you but unfortunately I am at work.

A few things that struck me in passing, though:

Pooh - obviously you must have honey on everything. Honey Loaf, honey butter with rolls, honey ham or something like that.
The Black Cauldron - I'm thinking fondues might be fun with little cauldron shaped serving dishes (you can find them around halloween time at a party supply store).
Pocahantas - This would be great around thanksgiving time with a somewhat traditional thanksgiving meal (maybe more corn and grains, less turkey)
Cars - Ok, I associate racing with buffalo wings. Maybe it's because of Quaker steak and lube, but I can totally see buffalo wings, sweet potato fries, fried pickles and such.
Bugs Life - A whole menu is hard to think of, but I would certainly include ants on a log. If you can, you might make a salad with small leaf lettuce so it essentially looks like you are eating leaves like the ants do.

I'm so excited about your plan! Let us know how it all goes! If I can think of more tips, I'll come back and post 'em!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
25. The Little Mermaid: sushi, sashimi, oysters, crab cakes, stuffed Flounder!

38. Lilo & Stitch: pinapples with caramel sauce, Tonga Toast, sushi...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom