Dining Suggestions

nibblesandbits

I know, I know...everyone posts threads like these...but I am really stumped. :lol:

I am planning my trip and currently have most of the places that I would like to dine picked out. Unfortunately I have 2 days where I have no clue where I'd like to eat. I will be on the dining plan, so I'd like them to be full service restaurants (that are of course, available on the Dining Plan). Also, these 2 days are days I won't necessarily be in the parks...so they most likely will need to be restaurants that are not in the theme parks. My DH and I aren't the most adventerous eaters either...so I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be into something like Boma.

So far I have these restaurants picked out: Liberty Tree Tavern, 50s Prime Time, Chef Mickey, Le Cellier, and Coral Reef.

Ok....now work your magic WDWMagicers! :D

tigsmom

I know, I know...everyone posts threads like these...but I am really stumped. :lol:

I am planning my trip and currently have most of the places that I would like to dine picked out. Unfortunately I have 2 days where I have no clue where I'd like to eat. I will be on the dining plan, so I'd like them to be full service restaurants (that are of course, available on the Dining Plan). Also, these 2 days are days I won't necessarily be in the parks...so they most likely will need to be restaurants that are not in the theme parks. My DH and I aren't the most adventerous eaters either...so I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be into something like Boma.

So far I have these restaurants picked out: Liberty Tree Tavern, 50s Prime Time, Chef Mickey, Le Cellier, and Coral Reef.

Ok....now work your magic WDWMagicers! :D

How about the Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club for a nice seafood buffet? Or The Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL for some all you care to eat BBQ?

Everybody in my family (but me) is pretty picky about what they eat and they all loved Boma, there is so much to choose from and they have 3 rotating menus. We had wonderful chicken, ribs and salmon. The soups, salads and veggies were wonderful; there was nothing that was tasted and then thrown away. The foods sound exotic, but many are just African words for things we eat everyday.

You could head over to the Boardwalk and hit up Spoodles, Big River Grill or the ESPN Club. How about 'Ohana or the Kona Kafe? You could always head to DTD and see whats there.

The resorts have so many good restaurants to choose from, it all depends on what you like to eat.

Did that answer your question? :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Lucky

I agree Boma is not just for adventurous eaters. There's incredible variety.

You might also look into the dinner shows, if you don't mind spending two TS credits each.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Ok...so I looked at the list for Whispering Canyon...and I like it. That is definitely a possiblity. A very good possibility.

Are DTD restaurants on the dining plan...I didn't think they were.

Upvote 0

MR. DISNEY

I'm very picky eater also. I think this time I going to “try” Boma, but I’m not sure. Now let’s get to the good stuff. I have gone to Spoodles and I LOVED IT. The service was fantastic. I went in the summer and it was very busy. Nobody tried to rush us, the courses came out at a great pace, and no problem because we were on the dinning plan. I also am a big fan of the Whispering Canyons. I love anything Wilderness Lodge! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

Don't dismiss Boma until you've tried it. About three years ago, we tried Boma after The Unofficial Guide to WDW gave it such high ratings. It was the tastiest meal we'd ever had at WDW. Now, it is an automatic "must do" restaurant for us. We've gone there with lot's of different people as well and everyone came away saying it was the best meal they'd had in The World. Are there some exotic items on the menu? Sure. But there is also plenty of fare that you will be familiar with. The soups are incredible and the desserts superb. Give it a try!

Besides Boma, we like The Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL and O'Hana at the Polynesian.

You could use up a couple of your sit-down meals on the Hoop-De-Doo Review at Ft. Wilderness or the Luau at the Polynesian. I'm pretty sure that's an option.

Upvote 0

KeithVH

Just the two of you? Narcoosee's. Very quiet and romantic. Have yet to have a bad experience there in the last 6 trips. I also have a soft spot for Rose & Crown if for no other reason than the staff there has always been 110% for us.

Upvote 0
I second that vote for Narcoossee's. It really feels like a seaside restaurant to me, and is very romantic. It will use up 2 of your full-service meals per person, but is well worth it especially for dinner. On my trip last week, our group (3 adults) had a dinner there that rang up to be $290 but was covered by the meal plan. Amazing!

Upvote 0

wdwforus

I am a picky eater, hardly any vegetables, no salads, things like that. I love The Brown Derby, it is a must for us every time we go. I disliked Boma as did the rest of my family, the food was okay but not great, the waiting line is a mess, I felt the tables were very close together and crowded. We wont go back. You could go to the Rainforest Cafe without actually having to enter AK. Its a very fun atmosphere and the food is pretty good, a little overpriced but we enjoyed it and would go back. The Boardwalk sounds like a good place to go and check out what is over there, we have never been but my parents checked it out and said it looked interesting, there has to be something over there. You could go to either the Polynesian or Grand Floridian and tour the resort while you were at it? We want to do Le Cellier sometime.

Upvote 0

psifreek27

I would recommend Ohana. The skewers are excellent, I am not a big fan of shrimp or anything, but i loved the skewers and i ordered some white rice and they brought it out with no problem, and the banana nut dessert with the caramel syrup was excellent...im a picky eater and i loved it. Great Atmosphere too!

Also really good counter service that is included in the dining plan is Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. We had a counter service left over by the end of our trip so we ate here. The lasagna was excellent! So was the spicy chicken tenders! Large portions too! Def for me. Been craving that lasagna since last Sep.!!:hammer:

Good luck!!!

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

O'hana..Is YUMMY!!.....

The starters are awesome and then they bring you Turkey,Pork,Steak and chicken on skewers,,,

Then you get Bananas foster Bread pudding for dessert..YUMMO!!!

Also..Kona cafe for breakfast......Sooo good...

Cape may is great also...:)

Soo many places..:)

Upvote 0

goofyfamily

My Husbands favorite Ohana and make your reservations at the time of Magic Kingdoms fireworks, great atmosphere and good food. A few family favorites are Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club, and of course Chef Mickeys, and LeCellier. Hope this helps a little.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Most of tbe restaurants in Downtown are on the Dining Plan - my vote goes to Raglan Road. Make a later reservation (630-7ish) and check out the Irish entertainment, too. Really makes for a fun evening. And going to a different resort for dinner is a nice experience, too. Check out the menues on AllEarsNet - I'm sure you'll find something that everyone will like.

Upvote 0

Nicole220

My family loved Boma! My brother, sister and I are picky eaters and loved it! Aside from the African foods, they also have some basic American ones as well.

ESPN Zone is also a great one! About ten years ago, I think we went almost every night. I love the food there!

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

You might also want to check out the buffets. There's Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary, Crystal Palace in MK, and also 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian resort. CM's at the Contemporary is B L, CP in the MK is B L D, and 1900 Park Fare is B, D. All very good.

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

We'll be at WDW for 8nts (21-29July)- five of us are going and we all picked a few TS. Here's our list-

1st- Ohana's

2nd 50's Prime Time

3rd Cape May Cafe

4th The Coral Reef

5th Crystal Palace (dinner) all of ours favorite

6th Whispering Canyon (dinner)

7th Le Chef's de France

8th Chef Mickey's (breakfast)

Hopefully this helps you out

Upvote 0

summerluvin

I would suggest from my personal outside of themepark expierences boatwrights for breakfast, California Grill or Narcoosees for dinner or the Poly dinner showr. I made an ADR for Spoodles this year, i'm courious to know what its like from people have eaten there?:p

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom