Dining Plans

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
2022. Maybe.
Season 3 Episode 23 GIF by The Simpsons

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah but no one is giving a straight answer on when. Now that mask mandate had been lifted for transportation at WDW keep your fingers crossed for a straight answer for once.
They are giving a straight answer - which is they don’t know. No-one that you are talking to, emailing or “chatting” to online knows. All they know is what was said in the Summer, namely that they will return. They’re not trying to mislead you, they simply don’t know.

Why does the masking mandate impact the dining plans?

They need more CMs to run the restaurants at full capacity before the dining plans return. So the return of International CMs are critical, being a cheap source of labour.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I wouldn't expect anything until staffing levels are back and everywhere is open again.

They are giving a straight answer - which is they don’t know. No-one that you are talking to, emailing or “chatting” to online knows. All they know is what was said in the Summer, namely that they will return. They’re not trying to mislead you, they simply don’t know.

They need more CMs to run the restaurants at full capacity before the dining plans return. So the return of International CMs are critical, being a cheap source of labour.
^^^^ Exactly that!!!!!!!!!!
The overworked people on the phones and online are not privy to the inner sanctums and neither are the people who handle Disney's social media. They in no way deserved to be harassed because they don't know and they certainly have nothing to do with decision making!
There are people who lurk here and will let us know when a decision has been reached even before it becomes public

G00fyDad

But, but, but, he DEMANDED a straight answer didn't he? That should at least have gotten him somewhere.

rwdavis2

After having gotten the plan years ago at a huge discount we would never pay for it. I've never (and still don't) understand the "convenience" aspect some people like. I don't want to have to think about if I'm getting my money's worth. One podcast some time ago did an analysis and you have to be vigilant to come out ahead. They also said that the quick service plan was almost impossible to come out ahead unless you always ordered the most expensive items.

Figgy1

Premium Member
After having gotten the plan years ago at a huge discount we would never pay for it. I've never (and still don't) understand the "convenience" aspect some people like. I don't want to have to think about if I'm getting my money's worth. One podcast some time ago did an analysis and you have to be vigilant to come out ahead. They also said that the quick service plan was almost impossible to come out ahead unless you always ordered the most expensive items.
It's also hard to break even if you have kids 9-20 or somebody that's vegetarian or people who aren't desert eaters or even somebody who eats light or mostly chicken

Hockey89

There is a reason Disney does it and it's not to me nice. Huge money maker. I don't get the "convenience either.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom