Dining Itinerary

HunnyPot

Original Poster
I'm going to be booking my dining tomorrow and was hoping for some insight from you all about our choices. Going on the trip will be:

6 adults and 5 kids (ages: 13, 9, 8, 6, and 1)

It will be the first WDW trip for 1 of the adults and the 9, 6, and 1 year old kiddos.

Here's our eating plans (as of now)

Day 1:
We're going to be arriving around noon so we decided not to have any ADRs that day so we can go with the flow of where we want to go and not be tied to a ressie the first night.

Day 2:
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace; we're hoping to get a ressie before MK opens....we considered this or Chef Mickey's, but some of the kiddos like Pooh and Friends so we're going with CP.
Dinner @ Whispering Canyon. We're going to try and get an early ressie so we can then head back into MK for Wishes. None of us have tried WC before so we're really looking forward to it. We also thought it might be a fun one for those of us who might be heading back to POR for naps (like me with my 1 year old DD), since it's a fun environment.

Day 3:
Chef Mickey's for dinner

Day 4:
Le Cellier-this is one I'm concerned about. We have heard rave reviews about this restaurant, but only from our single friends. Do you think it's a good idea to take the kiddos there? They are well behaved *for the most part*...but still unsure about it.

We're just planning to use a counter service on Day 5.

Tips/suggestions/advice???

Thanks!

WildLodgeFan

Day 4:
Le Cellier-this is one I'm concerned about. We have heard rave reviews about this restaurant, but only from our single friends. Do you think it's a good idea to take the kiddos there? They are well behaved *for the most part*...but still unsure about it.
quote]

We ate at Le Cellier in 2000 (fabulous food!) and our kids at that time were 2 and 7. Both kids were pretty good and the youngest was too young for it really to be an issue and we were a larger party which helps with the amusing the kids factor. Hope you enjoy your trip!

wvdisneyfamily

Since you are staying at POR, try Boatwright's on the first night. If you want a counter service the first night, try the counter service in POR. It is very good.
I've seen lots of families at Le Cellier. I think your kiddos will enjoy it. The food is yummy.:slurp:
Have fun!:wave:

HunnyPot

Original Poster
If you want a counter service the first night, try the counter service in POR. It is very good.
We are definately going to do a CS the first night, we're just not sure where! :) The 13 year old is already begging for DHS that first night b/c his two favorites are ToT and RnR. We were also considering seeing Fantasmic that night...and although the EMH aren't up on the WDW website, Intercot has DHS having EMH that night, so if they're correct then we might be at that park. We're just wanting to play it by ear the first night though.

I feel better now about Le Cellier...all us adults are salivating over the menu, so we really want to go there! :slurp:

NewfieFan

Your restaurant choices look great...

While I've never been to the CP for breakfast, I have been there for lunch. The lunch menu was great so I'm sure breakfast will be the same AND who doesn't love Pooh & friends!?!:animwink: (Eeyore was the best character out of them all!)

I've also been to Chef's Mickey's but never for dinner. My brother-in-law and his family were there for dinner and said it was some of the best food they had their whole vacation. And breakfast was delicious for us as well. It also has great character interaction.

Never been to Le Cellier but we're going there in Sept. and we're taking our two kids (2 1/2 & 5) with us. So we're attempting it with kids. A lot of people do have their kids with them when they dine in Le Cellier, I'm sure you won't be the only ones!

Have a great trip!:wave:

wvdisneyfamily

We are definately going to do a CS the first night, we're just not sure where! :) The 13 year old is already begging for DHS that first night b/c his two favorites are ToT and RnR. We were also considering seeing Fantasmic that night...and although the EMH aren't up on the WDW website, Intercot has DHS having EMH that night, so if they're correct then we might be at that park. We're just wanting to play it by ear the first night though.

I feel better now about Le Cellier...all us adults are salivating over the menu, so we really want to go there! :slurp:

I may be in the minority on this one, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pizza Planet. I don't know why I enjoy it so much, but it's my favorite DHS counter service. The ABC Comm. made me so sick.:hurl: I would never eat there again. If you head straight to the Studios, try Pizza Planet for a good CS meal. I really like the CS at POR though. You have lots of options at POR's CS. There are stations set up that allow you to pick things other than burgers and fries. The desserts are YUMMY! :slurp:

HunnyPot

Original Poster
I may be in the minority on this one, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pizza Planet. I don't know why I enjoy it so much, but it's my favorite DHS counter service.
It's funny you mention Pizza Planet because we were saying the other day how the 6 year old would probably LOVE it, and the other kids would like the pizza too! We don't have a plan for dinner that night....I think we're all enjoying the idea of flying by the seat of our pants! :D We're going to be in Disney....and going with the flow! (at least for ONE night!)

boulderdgrandpa

After Wispering Canyon

With that number of people... Take a Wishes Fireworks cruise after dinner. I believe it would be well worth the price. A short boat ride over to the Contemporary Resort where you start the cruise. They can drop you off any of several places after the cruise.

RussJT

Very good choice on the Crystal Palace. It is our traditional starting point on our first day there. Try to get the earliest reservation possible. The walk down Main Street without the rest of the crowd is my favorite way to start the trip.

The food is excellent and there is a lot to choose from on the buffet so everyone should be able to find something they like.

princesseng

If you're spending a late night on the first night for Fantasmic, you may want to consider a late res for Crystal Palace instead of rushing to get up and out early after your travel day.

mouselvrmom

I think your choices sound great!

Just a word of caution since you have such a large party. I just make my adrs for our october trip. We have a party of 6. It was very difficult to get my le cellier reservations. I had to try 3 nights before I found an opening. I was told that it's harder to get tables for larger parties. She had availability for a table of 4 or a table of 2, but if we wanted to be seated together, it was tough. We did finally get our reservation, but you just have to be flexible. :)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Only real problem is that especially with a group the size of your's, any sit down meal without ADR will be difficult.

If you are staying at POR, I will second the suggestion of Boatwrights (banana stuffed French Toast for breakfast is great too!). Your other good option would be taking a boat ride to DTD and choose from the restaurants there. That boat ride is very nice and very regular until midnight.

Le Cellier is casual and very family friendly...your biggest challenge is getting the ADR's. Maybe have a second choice in mind when you call.

Two other considerations for you...as if choices aren't already hard enough....
Your group could really have a great time at 50's Prime Time Cafe.
Hoop de do Review is also a fun Dinner/evening (a possibility for day 1 or 5?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom