Dining at Boma?

tigsmom

We loved dinner there! I have a picky family when it comes to eating, they don't really like to stray from the norm or try new things, but they ate everything and went back for seconds :lol:

Things sound exotic, but if you look at the food descriptions and some recipes you will see it's just different names for everyday things. The herbs and spices used may not be what we are used to, but work. Nothing is chemically hot (that we found anyway) and there is a chef at each station who will explain the dishes to you. It's now a must for every trip for us. I hear the breakfast buffet is wonderful, but we haven't been to it yet.

CAPTAIN HOOK

While staying at AKL this last Christmas we had breakfast at Boma and thoroughly enjoyed it - so much so that we cancelled a character breakfast elsewhere to enable us to return to Boma another day :slurp:

sueuk

We always try to fit a dinner at Boma into the plan, the soups are lovely and there are lots of different foods to try - but plenty to eat if you aren't so adventurous.

zurgandfriend

We celebrated my wife's birthday there the food was good and the staff was great. My son ate several Zebra Domes and slept very well that night.

Ariel484

I know I'm in the minority here, but this was the most disappointing meal of the trip for us in May 2009. We found the dinner to be sort of bland, and boy, was that place crowded and loud! This shouldn't have been so surprising - it IS one of the most popular places to eat in the World, and a buffet at that, so I'm sure it really appeals to families. We had high hopes for this place after reading such great reviews, but we won't be going back. I'm still bummed that it didn't work out, but to each their own I guess :(

perry23

Boma is one of our favourites for breakfast and dinner:slurp:
And when I visited WDW a month ago it wasn't too crowded.

wolf2961

Boma is one of our favorites. My kids are picky, and still find it to be one of the meals they do not want to miss. We had an early (5:45) dinner ADR, were seated in about 15 minutes and breezed though. By 6:30 or so, howeve, the buffet was fairly crowded, yet manageable.

lighteningqueen

In 2007 our very first trip to the world we ate at Bomas and it was horrible. We had 8:00pm ressies, the food was wiped, no soups no salads etc. I ate nothing or tried to eat something and really found it horrible and could not find then big hype here. I really think it is just the atmosphere here not so much the food. My husband will eat anything and I am the picky one. But after sitting there for over an hour and they never refilled the saldds and soups so i really did not eat for $30.00. We are going again this Dec and I booked it again I will give it one more try. I am wondering why so many say they eat the soups and thats what they go for. Why pay $30.00 for soups???? Anyway we are going to be on Free dinnig so will give this one final try then like many others if it doesn't pan out it's surly off the list. Just plain weird food, Bland and odd textured. Just my humble opinion.

brich

I love Boma!! My wife isn't that big of a fan but my 10 year old insisted we go on our next trip in a couple weeks. Most of my family give it 2 thumbs up. Different strokes for different folks, as is the case in asking recommendations for any of the Disney food joints... :shrug:

WDWmazprty

We ate there last week and the food was great. It wasdefinitely different, but not bad. My favorite was the Pak Chaka (something like that) It was grits with some sweet sauce-really good! They also had New York Strip and and tenderloin beingcarved. The soups were good as well as the desserts. The Zebra Domes were good, real sweet!

swimmom

We always try a new restaurant each trip and a few years ago we tried Boma. It's now one of our must do each trip restaurants. We usually have an early ADR, so we haven't had any issues with food running out. Actually on our last trip we had an ADR at 5:00 when they opened for dinner and it wasn't very crowded until we were ready to leave.

We love trying all the different ethnic foods on our trips to WDW. Where else can you have such a wide array of foods on one trip?!?!?!?

Boma is one of the best restaurants on property. Service and atmosphere are great, and the food is fabulous. We always schedule at least one dinner and one breakfast per trip. There's something for everyone here and we've never had a bad experience.

luvlifeinfl

In 2006 we were staying at the AK and so one night we had ADR at Boma, we arrived 15 min. and had to wait another 45min before we were seated. The food was a little different than what we were used too. Also the air conditioning was on full blast. It was a different experiance and was ok for us. The only reason I think I would eat there again is if we were staying at the AK, other wise it is not a must do for us.

pacochran

We ate there a couple of years ago and loved it. My daughter and I like trying new things so there was a lot for us to try, but my wife and son who are more traditional had many things to eat also.

sleepybear

We did breakfast there our last trip and it was delicious. But I can understand about the people complaining about the crowds at dinner. We often stay at AKL and can see that the waiting area for Boma is often packed at night. But for our breakfast, it was pretty empty. (And did I mention delicious?)

HunnyPot

We've only eaten there once, January 2006, and we won't be going back. We arrived about 20 minutes prior to our ADR but it took a really long time to get seaten, I'm not sure, I would guess an additional 20-30 minutes. Once we were eating, we didn't care for the food at all. (With the exception of the Zebra Domes--those we liked! :)) Our party was 4 adults, only 1 semi-picky eater. I can't imagine taking my kids there! I know I'm in the minority, but I doubt we'll ever eat there again.

Wonderland22

My family are pretty open eaters, but we HATED Boma's. Though the menu sounded delicious, everything was either overly sweet (like sweet seafood soup, sweet couscous, etc) or it had too much fruit in savory dishes. The only thing we liked was the spaghetti off the kid's buffet, the steak, and the potatoes, ha!

Maybe it was a bad night or it just wasn't our type of cuisine, but we won't ever go back!

tigsmom

Boma has 3 different menus that they rotate through. The chefs at each station will explain any dish to you if you ask to help you make better choices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom