Dining and Package dissappointment???

iggyboo

Original Poster
Unfortunately, I'm hearing more and more bad things about the dining plan and packages. For one, you can't book a package for more than 8 nights and that only includes 7 day tickets, and I've heard from some people when they called Disney Dining that there are very few restaurants at Epcot you can go to(Like 5), I have sent an e-mail to Disney with some questions(LIke a list of restaurants). I will let everyone here now what I heard when I get the e-mail.

Iggyboo

P.s Hope the dining plan things are not true :confused:

wannabeBelle

iggyboo said:
Unfortunately, I'm hearing more and more bad things about the dining plan and packages. For one, you can't book a package for more than 8 nights and that only includes 7 day tickets, and I've heard from some people when they called Disney Dining that there are very few restaurants at Epcot you can go to(Like 5), I have sent an e-mail to Disney with some questions(LIke a list of restaurants). I will let everyone here now what I heard when I get the e-mail.

Iggyboo

P.s Hope the dining plan things are not true :confused:
Hi there Iggy, Our Travel Sponsor, Kingdom Konsultant has been able to book packages for any length of time so if you are having a problem give her a call at 1866-566-7858 and her first name is Pam. The only explanation that I can come up with for that is that they didnt make the online system as flexible as the one that is used by Disney when a call is received. As far as restaurants, there were only 3 or 4 restaurants that did not accept a single sit down dinner voucher as good for one meal!!! Those were The Coral Reef, Bistro De Paris and one other one I cant remember right now.The restaurants that arent accepting the sit down meal CAN Be done in exchange for 2 meal vouchers so in theory there are NO Exclusions on property at all!!!!! ALL of the other restaurants were accepting one voucher for an appetizer, an entree, a dessert and a non alcoholic beverage for the sit down meal. Id suggest you call Pam and she can explain the entire program to you!! Hope this clears things up for you!!! Belle

AEfx

Yes, I've noticed discrepencies as well. I was repricing a family vacation in the fall, and found that if you are staying for seven nights there is no way to get eight days admission, you have to get a ten day ticket. Sure, it's only $10 more than the 7-day, but I don't know...just seems, wasteful. Some early reports said 8 and 9 day would be available, just not part of the advertising, but I haven't heard anyone actually getting one yet. Not a very big deal, again - but it is confusing. They seem to be pushing the 6night/7day thing very strongly, other combinations are iffy at this point it seems.

I'm glad I'm not booking right now; it will be interesting how this ends up. Good luck to those that are - and I agree with Belle - if I were booking anything more complex than a room-only ressie right now, I'd be doing it through Pam as well.

AEfx

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
AEfx said:
Yes, I've noticed discrepencies as well. I was repricing a family vacation in the fall, and found that if you are staying for seven nights there is no way to get eight days admission, you have to get a ten day ticket. Sure, it's only $10 more than the 7-day, but I don't know...just seems, wasteful. Some early reports said 8 and 9 day would be available, just not part of the advertising, but I haven't heard anyone actually getting one yet. Not a very big deal, again - but it is confusing. They seem to be pushing the 6night/7day thing very strongly, other combinations are iffy at this point it seems.

I'm glad I'm not booking right now; it will be interesting how this ends up. Good luck to those that are - and I agree with Belle - if I were booking anything more complex than a room-only ressie right now, I'd be doing it through Pam as well.

AEfx

From the way this is set up, it is fairly clear as to what statistics Disney is using. While the numbers are never released, I would bet that the strong majority of families book for 7 days, just as Disney is fairly strongly skewed to a four member family. Just playing to the numbers.

While you are crunching numbers, you may want to consider annual pass and the dining experience cards may be a better value overall. (As if your current options aren't enough to give you a headache)

iggyboo

Original Poster
Thanks Belle,

I will give Pam a call, sent an e-mail to Disney so I will see what they say also. Just people have said they have called Disney Dining and they said a very limited amount of restaurants but could have been CM not knowing as you can get 3 different answer depending on who you talk to.

Matthew

wannabeBelle

iggyboo said:
Thanks Belle,

I will give Pam a call, sent an e-mail to Disney so I will see what they say also. Just people have said they have called Disney Dining and they said a very limited amount of restaurants but could have been CM not knowing as you can get 3 different answer depending on who you talk to.

Matthew
Unless they have rather Dramatically changed the list, it really was pretty inclusive. I was shocked because the Teppanyaki Grill in EPCOT actually acccepts the plan and a regular meal there for me is about $35-$40 bucks!!!! Speak with Pam and I Am sure she can get you a listing of the restaurants but when I last spoke to her about that we had agreed it was a great option especially with all the places that accepted it!!! Belle

iggyboo

Original Poster
Going to call her on Monday(Very busy this weekend), It does sound like a great deal, Hopefully when I get my respone from Disney they will help put my concerns to rest.

Iggyboo :sohappy:

wannabeBelle

iggyboo said:
Going to call her on Monday(Very busy this weekend), It does sound like a great deal, Hopefully when I get my respone from Disney they will help put my concerns to rest.

Iggyboo :sohappy:
You are assuming that you hear from Disney before Pam?? I dont think so!!!!!!!!! :D Have a great weekend!! Belle

AEfx

ClemsonTigger said:
From the way this is set up, it is fairly clear as to what statistics Disney is using. While the numbers are never released, I would bet that the strong majority of families book for 7 days, just as Disney is fairly strongly skewed to a four member family. Just playing to the numbers.

While you are crunching numbers, you may want to consider annual pass and the dining experience cards may be a better value overall. (As if your current options aren't enough to give you a headache)

Oh, I"m already an AP and a dining experience member (just signed up yesterday!). :) I'm leaving in a day and a half, yipeee!

I'm helping to plan a family trip for a group who won't be returning any time soon after, and that is why I am watching the options so closely. It's definately going to be a 7 night/8 day trip and I will have a room-only ressie for myself, but only time will be able to tell me if I should book them a MYW package for their room (with dining) or just do it a la carte as normal.

Thanks for the advice though, and your accurate analysis.

AEfx

maxime29

Premium Member
I also noticed the whole 7 day ticket plan in conjunction with an 8-10 day stay. We normally like to go to the park on the last day we are in Disney and our flights have been in the evening. Under the new plan, it looks as if we would not have this option anymore.

wannabeBelle

maxime29 said:
I also noticed the whole 7 day ticket plan in conjunction with an 8-10 day stay. We normally like to go to the park on the last day we are in Disney and our flights have been in the evening. Under the new plan, it looks as if we would not have this option anymore.
I know there is certainly a 10 day Magic Your Way ticket that does exist. I am not sure if it is on the Disney website or not. I hate to sound like a broken record, but once again I would call Pam. I know she has been booking these new packages since they came out and has a familiarity with what they can and cannot include. The reason I Am saying to call her even over Disney directly is that we know how much Pam knows, Some of the people at Disney CRO are great, some may be fairly new and not as up to date as the others and it is strictly luck of the draw as to who you are going to get!!! Hope this helps!!! Belle

iggyboo

Original Poster
You've been very helpful Belle, I will be calling Pam on Monday, I kind of wish you could get discounted hotel rates with the package but I'm thinking you can't but I will ask Pam when I call her

Thanks again,
Iggyboo

JPVonDrake

True the "Magic Your Way" Vacation Packages are limited to 8 nights, however that just means 8 nights per reservation. It is really a system limitation only. If you would like to stay for a longer length of time it is very possible and easy.

Lets say you want to stay for 10 nights, and want 11 days of tickets. First book a 6 night Package with a 7 day ticket (this way you will have a ticket for the first and last day of your first reservation.) Then book a second 4 night stay with a 4 day ticket. When you call, let the cast member know this is what you want in the beginning. We can book both reservations on one travel plan, so we can add one Vacation Protection Plan (travel insurance) for the entire length, book your airfare, and book your Disney Magical Express transfers from the airport. You will be giving one main client file number, (aka reservation number.) During your stay, you will need to check out and check back in. However in most cases, the front desk will do this for you, and deliver your new keys to your same room. Or you can pick them up yourself on your scheduled checkout/checkin date.

Questions? Feel free to PM me or respond and I will be happy to answer your questions. Also as mentioned earlier, Pam is a great source too!

JPVonDrake

To answer the previous question as to what restaurants are included in the "Magic Your Way Package Plus Dinning" the easiest way to answer that is it includes only restaurants that are operated by Disney. With that in mind, their host countries, not Disney, operate many of the restaurants in World Showcase. For the counter Service locations, you are in luck, nearly all are Disney, so most are included. For snacks, ALL popcorn, drink, and ice-cream carts are included. For Table Service:

Magic Kingdom:
Cinderella's Royal Table
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Crystal Palace
The Plaza Restaurant
Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Epcot:
Biergarten Restaurant
Coral Reef Restaurant (2 voucher meal)
Garden Grill
Le Cellier Steakhouse (2 voucher meal)
Restaurant Akershus
Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room

Disney MGM Studios:
Hollywood Brown Derby (2 voucher meal)
Hollywood & Vine
Mama Melrose's
Prime Time Cafe
Sci-Fi Dine-In

Animal Kingdom:
Donald's Breakfastosaurus

longfamily

I'm a huge advocate on how this system is bad. There should never be a reason why anyone would need to create two resrvations in order to take an extended trip to Disney. This is a money making SCAM on the part of Disney. Hypothetically speaking, if you wanted to take a 11 day trip to Disney then you would two reservations. The first 7 days would be at the discounted rate and the 2nd reservation, 4 days would not be discounted and possibly a little more expensive, because the discount doesn't kick in until after day 4 of a reservation. The powers that be have dressed this new system up but in truth, you spend more. As far as the meal plan goes, everyone so excited about choices are going to be very disappointed that they are still limited in their choices. If you're going to offer a meal plan then it should include atleast all of the parks restaurants. What a hassle to need to consider on your vacation whether or not a voucher can be used at a specific restaurant. I recommend anyone unhappy with the new set up to write Disney customer service. Speaking up about why you are unhappy is the only way to get a change.

JPVonDrake

longfamily said:
....The first 7 days would be at the discounted rate and the 2nd reservation, 4 days would not be discounted and possibly a little more expensive, because the discount doesn't kick in until after day 4 of a reservation......

This is true for tickets but not nessasarily for the nightly room rate.

longfamily said:
.....As far as the meal plan goes, everyone so excited about choices are going to be very disappointed that they are still limited in their choices. If you're going to offer a meal plan then it should include atleast all of the parks restaurants..... .

The former DreamMaker Silver Plan did include all Theme Park restaurants. Disney is still negotiating with those restaurants not included, so this list may change in the near future.

longfamily said:
....I recommend anyone unhappy with the new set up to write Disney customer service. Speaking up about why you are unhappy is the only way to get a change.

Do keep in mind the entire "Magic Your Way" ticket system was the result of guest feedback, so yes please write to

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

or

Walt Disney World
Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista FL 32830-0040

wannabeBelle

JPVonDrake said:
This is true for tickets but not nessasarily for the nightly room rate.

The former DreamMaker Silver Plan did include all Theme Park restaurants. Disney is still negotiating with those restaurants not included, so this list may change in the near future.

Do keep in mind the entire "Magic Your Way" ticket system was the result of guest feedback, so yes please write to

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

or

Walt Disney World
Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista FL 32830-0040
Hey JP Thanks for the info!!! I actually was using information that I got at the following website:
http://www.mousesavers.com/mywplusdining.html
That is on Mary Waring's Mousesavers. Please keep us as up to date as you can on this!!! I appreciate it!! Belle :kiss: :kiss:

iggyboo

Original Poster
If this ends up being the case(limited restaurants) then the new dining plan is not worth it, but I will wait til I talk to Pam on Monday. JPVonDrake, Do you know waht resort sit-down restaurants are eligle on the Dining plan?

Iggyboo

DisneyPhD

I was a little disapointed that you could not get this plan if you had an AP, but now the DDE is looking better and better. :p

The offical word from DVC member services is that it is not currenlty offered, but the are "working on it" we will see. It sounds like everything could change in the future and things still need to be worked out.

The whole not letting you add it to room only resavations is lame too. :lookaroun

JPVonDrake

For the Resort and rest of the world Table Service locations the MYW+Dining Package currently includes...

Shutters - Caribbean Beach Resort
Boatwright's - Port Orleans Resort
Trail's End - Fort Wilderness Campgrounds
Olivia's Cafe - Old Key West Resort
Boma's - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Cape May Cafe - Beach Club Resort
Beaches & Cream - Beach Club Resort
ESPN Club - Boardwalk Inn
Spoodles - Boardwalk Inn
Chef Mickey's - Contemporary Resort
Concourse Steakhouse - Contemporary Resort
1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian Resort
Grand Floridian Cafe - Grand Floridian Resort
Ohana's - Polynesian Resort
Kona Cafe - Polynesian Resort
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Wilderness Lodge
Yacht Club Galley - Yacht Club Resort

Sand Trap Bar & Grill - Bonnet Creek Golf Club
Official All Star Cafe - Wide World of Sports
Cap'n Jack's Restaurant - Downtown Disney

For 2 Table Service meal vouchers...

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review
Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Spirit of Aloha

Jiko's - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Flying Fish Cafe - Boardwalk Inn
California Grill - Contemporary Resort
Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort
Narcoossee's - Grand Floridian Resort
Artist Point - Wilderness Lodge
Yachtsman Steakhouse - Yacht Club Resort

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom