Dining and Package dissappointment???

JPVonDrake

If you want an all inclusive dinning / recreation plan consider the "Magic Your Way Premium Package"

It includes:
A Magic Your Way Premium Ticket (base+parkhopping+magical plus pack)
- ticket is equal to the number of nights of your stay plus one up to 7 days

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner per night (ALL Theme Park and Disney Resort Locations, most Downtown Disney Marketplace and Westside locations)
Unlimited select recreation (golf, boat rentals, fishing, horseback riding, etc...)
Unlimited select Theme Park Tours
Unlimited use of child activity centers (ages 4-12 only)
One addmission to LaNouba per person

This package is almost identical to the old Dream Maker Gold package with the new Magic Your Way Premium Ticket instead of the Ultimate Park Hopper.

Adds about $140 per adult, about $90 per child (3-9) to the cost of your non-discounted room (same as the DM Gold Package.)

longfamily

JPVonDrake said:
The former DreamMaker Silver Plan did include all Theme Park restaurants. Disney is still negotiating with those restaurants not included, so this list may change in the near future.

In case you were interested...
The silver package was still limited in that you were only allowed a meal a day and only if you chose that as your feature of the day. Also, only specific restaurants were on board for this. The only package that was ever available to include ALL restaurants was the Platinum add-on or it's predesesor, the Grand Plan. The Gold Plan allowed for most restaurants but not all (same as premium).
Most people are not familiar with the higher end packages. Many people who are, are fairly unhappy about the current state of things including the loss of restaurant options.

Computer Magic

longfamily said:
I'm a huge advocate on how this system is bad. There should never be a reason why anyone would need to create two resrvations in order to take an extended trip to Disney. This is a money making SCAM on the part of Disney. Hypothetically speaking, if you wanted to take a 11 day trip to Disney then you would two reservations. The first 7 days would be at the discounted rate and the 2nd reservation, 4 days would not be discounted and possibly a little more expensive, because the discount doesn't kick in until after day 4 of a reservation. The powers that be have dressed this new system up but in truth, you spend more. As far as the meal plan goes, everyone so excited about choices are going to be very disappointed that they are still limited in their choices. If you're going to offer a meal plan then it should include atleast all of the parks restaurants. What a hassle to need to consider on your vacation whether or not a voucher can be used at a specific restaurant. I recommend anyone unhappy with the new set up to write Disney customer service. Speaking up about why you are unhappy is the only way to get a change.

Well longFamily, you and I have agreed about this since it was announced last year. Since that time, I have written guest communication. I have not received a response, but will post a response if received. I think I'll send a followup email.

JPVonDrake said:
The former DreamMaker Silver Plan did include all Theme Park restaurants. Disney is still negotiating with those restaurants not included, so this list may change in the near future.

Do keep in mind the entire "Magic Your Way" ticket system was the result of guest feedback,

Thanks JPVonDrake for all your information. I hope they include all the restaurants that the Silver Plan included. I loved the Silver Plan and always used it. But I it was a little too much food. I like the counter and snack option for a smaller price per day.

I didn't think Brown Derby was 2 full service ticket? I just looked at the restaurants list I printed several weeks ago and it doesn't show it. Did it change since then?

maggie green

I totally agree Disney Phd! It is so lame that the dining package can be added to discounted packages such as AAA, but not AP room only ressies. As it was explained to me by a CM, the package has to be connected to tickets. Why would I need tickets? I have Annual Passes. Just venting. I am going to write guest relations. This policy seems very inconsistent to me. Maggie

wannabeBelle

maggie green said:
I totally agree Disney Phd! It is so lame that the dining package can be added to discounted packages such as AAA, but not AP room only ressies. As it was explained to me by a CM, the package has to be connected to tickets. Why would I need tickets? I have Annual Passes. Just venting. I am going to write guest relations. This policy seems very inconsistent to me. Maggie
Hi Maggie and welcome to the boards. A lot of AP holders ( myself included) were pretty peeved about not being able to get the dining package but with the way the restaurants are changing or dropping off totally I Am not near as upset!! In addition, Disney opened up the Disney Dining Experience program for us AP holders ( It was always open to Florida Residents) regardless of our residency. You join for a cost of $50.00 ( a $25.00 discount from the normal price of $75) and for one year you get 20% off of all your sit down dining meals. No counter service or snacks are included, but I figured that this will pay for itself in one trip!!!! I usually do a sit down meal for breakfast and a sit down for dinner and everything else is just a quick counter service usually a kids meal just to hold me over! The phone number for this and information on where this is accepted can be found at our friend Deb Wills' Webste www.allearsnet.com The direct link for this info is http://allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm
Hope this helps!! Belle

wannabeBelle

SlusherGusher said:
Here's link to the list on the official Disney World site of restaraunts participating in the dining plan. Seems like pretty inclusive list with a wide range of options. I don't see what all the grumbling is about- :hammer:

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m.../eng/nontheme/tickets/DiningPlanLocations.pdf
Hi there at first a great many more of the restaurants in World Showcase were participating. Now it seems like a lot have either left the program altogether or have gone into the Signature Arena, meaning you have to use 2 sit down meal options to dine there. THIS is what everyone is grumbling about!! I personally am pretty happy with the Disney Dining Experience card, it seems to have a lot fewer limitations, and with my AP rate that I usually manage to get on my rooms, I Am content!!! Belle

DisneyPhD

wannabeBelle said:
A lot of AP holders ( myself included) were pretty peeved about not being able to get the dining package but with the way the restaurants are changing or dropping off totally I Am not near as upset!! In addition, Disney opened up the Disney Dining Experience program for us AP holders ( It was always open to Florida Residents) regardless of our residency. You join for a cost of $50.00 ( a $25.00 discount from the normal price of $75) and for one year you get 20% off of all your sit down dining meals. No counter service or snacks are included, but I figured that this will pay for itself in one trip!!!! Hope this helps!! Belle

Me too, me too. DDE is looking better and better. Especailly since the $100 off AP for DVC, looking likea good deal for us.

JPVonDrake

maggie green said:

Remember Disney has 2 companies that rooms are booked through
CRO (Central Reservations Office) - books room-only reservations and can sell most any ticket.

WDTC (Walt Disney Travel Company) - Books vacation packages that include rooms plus select Magic Your Way Tickets, and can add meals packages, airfare, transfers, car rentals, etc.

If you are an annual / seasonal / premium Annual Passholder and want the Disney Dining Plan, you must book a Magic Your Way Plus Dinning Package. This package comes with the Magic Your Way ticket of your choice but all party members must choose the same ticket.

Hint - All Magic Your Way Tickets expire 14 days from first use, but never expire until 14 days after first use. Book the vacation plan and simply don't use the ticket, save it. Use it for black-outs periods if you have a seasonal, or for a trip you may take after your Annual expires. Of course you can't get use a Passholder Discount Offer on a WDTC package, but if one is not available for your select dates, take advance of the discounted meal plan.

Computer Magic

SlusherGusher said:
Here's link to the list on the official Disney World site of restaraunts participating in the dining plan. Seems like pretty inclusive list with a wide range of options. I don't see what all the grumbling is about- :hammer:

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/images2003/languagespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/DiningPlanLocations.pdf

Well, "it's the too good to be true" I stated in November is starting to occur. I have a print out when the Dining Plan was introduced, it is dated 11/28/04. Two weeks into the program. and already Table Services that were one meal voucher are now two.

Here are my issues:

1) The Brown Derby is one restaurant that changed to two. So how many more modifications in Disney favors will occur before I arrive in May. What looks like a good deal when I booked, is now not looking so good.

2) All the character meals are now 2 Table Services. The Crystal Palace is two? What is the advanatge using two table service for a buffet that cost around $20?

3) Also, take a look at Downtown Disney, no table service available. Yes, I understand the reason, but the selection is just not there.

4) Everytime I choose two table service location, is one less day I can have a set down meal without paying out of pocket expense. If have to pay out of pocket, why did I purchase the Dining package?

The "too good to be true I stated in November, is happening. The great deal isn't so great anymore. Now my restaurants will continue to evolve (down grade) as they change they options. Everytime I choose two table service location, is one less day I can have a set down meal without paying out of pocket expense. I have to pay out of pocket, why did I purchase the Dining package. That is what the grumbling is about :D

JPVonDrake

Check the list again,

All character meals still use 1 table service meal. The only locations that changed from 1 to 2 meals was Brown Derby and LeCellier and they changed before the dining package went into effect (January 5). The number of locations are more likely to increase not decrease. Currently all Disney operated table service locations are included as are some 3rd Party locations, this most likely will not change. All the locations that are not included are operated by 3rd party companies, which are still in talks with Disney about this program. Have faith! :wave:

Computer Magic

JPVonDrake said:
Check the list again,

All character meals still use 1 table service meal. The only locations that changed from 1 to 2 meals was Brown Derby and LeCellier and they changed before the dining package went into effect (January 5). The number of locations are more likely to increase not decrease. Currently all Disney operated table service locations are included as are some 3rd Party locations, this most likely will not change. All the locations that are not included are operated by 3rd party companies, which are still in talks with Disney about this program. Have faith! :wave:

I like your enthusiasm and optimism :) Do you work for Disney and in this department?

The following were listed with a Mickey face which Indicates a Disney Character Dining Location - 2 Table Service meals will be used for each person dining.

1) Chef Mickey's Funffice Time Buffet at Chef
2) Donald's Breakfastosaurus at Restaurantosaurus
3) Princess Storybook <O:p</O:pBreakfast at Restaurant Akershus
4) Chip 'n Dale's Harvest Feast at the Garden Grill
5) Once Upon a Time Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal
6) Goofy's Liberate Your Appetite Character Dinner at Liberty </FONT></B>Tree Tavern<O:p</O:p
7) The C<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:City w:st=<b><font face=" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">rystal</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Palace</st1:placeName></ST1:place A Buffet with Character

They can add all the 3rd Parties they want but it's no good if they all are 2 selections. Everytime I use 2 it's one less sit down meal or it comes as an out of pocket expense.

Did all the changes in the above PDF link take place before 1/5? Because Epcot places were removed since the orginal document release.

I just feel I have to watch Disney more closely then in the past. Or is it the Internet has made us better informed?

We will wait and see. :wave:

Computer Magic said:
I like your enthusiasm and optimism :) Do you work for Disney and in this department?

The following were listed with a Mickey face which Indicates a Disney Character Dining Location - 2 Table Service meals will be used for each person dining.

1) Chef Mickey's Funffice Time Buffet at Chef
2) Donald's Breakfastosaurus at Restaurantosaurus
3) Princess Storybook <O:p</O:pBreakfast at Restaurant Akershus
4) Chip 'n Dale's Harvest Feast at the Garden Grill
5) Once Upon a Time Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal
6) Goofy's Liberate Your Appetite Character Dinner at Liberty </FONT></B>Tree Tavern<O:p</O:p
7) The C<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:City w:st=<b><font face=" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">rystal</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Palace</st1:placeName></ST1:place A Buffet with Character

They can add all the 3rd Parties they want but it's no good if they all are 2 selections. Everytime I use 2 it's one less sit down meal or it comes as an out of pocket expense.

Did all the changes in the above PDF link take place before 1/5? Because Epcot places were removed since the orginal document release.

I just feel I have to watch Disney more closely then in the past. Or is it the Internet has made us better informed?

We will wait and see. :wave:

I think you're reading it wrong.

Mickey icon indicates character dining, no more, no less.

Asterik (*) indicates 2 table service meals required to be exchanged.

The Mickey icon and asterik definitions are independent of each other.

Computer Magic

SlusherGusher said:
Check the list again, you're reading it wrong.

Mickey icon indicates character dining, no more, no less.

Asterik (*) indicates 2 table service meals required to be exchanged.

The Mickey icon and asterik definitions are independent of each other.

I see, my fault. :hammer: Makes more since, most Character dining is Buffet or Family style.

Well, it still doesn't improve the Dining Package much :)

I'm wondering if the first list in Nov was an official Disney release. I have since reviewed and notice Beaches and Cream Soda is now considered a table. In Nov. it was considered a counter

longfamily

See, Computer Magic, we were right to be weary from the beginning. The more info. I get, the more it seems as though many people will be paying more out of pocket than was ever required in the past because of the "other" packages. I realized that what basically happened was that they continued the gold package (minus a few perks) under the name premium package, but what they did was break down the Silver to offer it up as seperate tickets. What likely happened last year is that guests that chose to purchase the silver package did so to utilize the meal option. I'm willing to bet that the other flex feature options went widely unused. This was probably the complaint. Silver buyers were sharing that they didn't need any of the other features on the ticket therefore they thought that the package was somewhat of a waste aside from the meal advantages. Disney, capitalizing on the information, thought to break apart the package and allow those people to only purchase the meal plan therefore it would seem as though they were not "wasting" a package deal that offered more. remember that not every guest is going to understand the intracacies of a package like the experts on this forum. We talk about it everyday. It's not confusing to us but it may be for someone hearing about it for the first time, which is a good percentage of those traveling to Disney.
The Platinum plan was likely discontinued because Disney would make far more $$$$ if the options in the Platinum were purchased seperatly. Like I've stated before, this package was around $3000 off the al la carte cost. I believe they will lose money doing this because most people don't realize the amount of things to do on property that is not withen the parks. If you don't know, then you can't spend. Disney is digging into our pockets a little deeper is all there is to it. I still speculate that this will not be good for us or them in the end.:brick:

JPVonDrake

Originally Posted by Computer Magic:
I like your enthusiasm and optimism Do you work for Disney and in this department?

Yes, I am a reservation cast member, and I love my job!

In the last year based on just what my guest wanted and requested, I am not suprised with what packages were continued (gold = premium) which packages were modified (silver = MYW+Dining) and what packages were just discontinued (Princess & Prince, Platinum) Most guest I spoke with wanted silver only for the meals, maybe LaNauba. Like I have said before, the new tickets and packages is really based entirely on guest feedback, I believe that. I hear the needs and request from our guest everyday. This is really giving what the majority of Disney guest wants, and it is being VERY well received. We cannot please everyone, but we try!

Computer Magic

:)
JPVonDrake said:
Originally Posted by Computer Magic:
I like your enthusiasm and optimism Do you work for Disney and in this department?

Yes, I am a reservation cast member, and I love my job!

In the last year based on just what my guest wanted and requested, I am not suprised with what packages were continued (gold = premium) which packages were modified (silver = MYW+Dining) and what packages were just discontinued (Princess & Prince, Platinum) Most guest I spoke with wanted silver only for the meals, maybe LaNauba. Like I have said before, the new tickets and packages is really based entirely on guest feedback, I believe that. I hear the needs and request from our guest everyday. This is really giving what the majority of Disney guest wants, and it is being VERY well received. We cannot please everyone, but we try!

Well, I enjoyed the dining but also the merchandise. I thought two big meals was a bit much. People are a little more concerned about their food consumption so I understand that also.

Speaking only for myself (so not to get flamed), I would pay a little more to get all restaurants on the list. Now not the $68(?) the Silver plan was per person. For me, I like a care free trip and not worry about out of pocket expense. That is what the old plan brought me.

I do like the counter, table and snack option so not of over eat or waste food. But offer me more restaurants and not make it 2 tables. Again, for every 2 table I use is one less table meal during my stay or out of pocket expense.

Maybe you can pass that along to management.

longfamily

While we're passing info., we would like the platinum type package put back into service. We like not needing to focus on how we're going to spend out money on our vacation. All inclusive is important :)

Pass it on....
Thanks

iggyboo

Original Poster
It has been confirmed by a travel agent who has spoken with Disney that DESSERT IS INCLUDED. YAY!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Iggyboo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom