Did not like TREX....

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I dined at TREX last night at DD. Here are some quick thoughts:

• Beautifully themed. However, the main attraction is obviously Dinasaurs and a meteor show every 30 minutes. However, I prefer Rainforrest, the theming is more unique, fun and interesting.
  • Servers are very nice and well versed. Though, my server last night seemed drunk or he was just really happy.
  • The FOOD: BLAH! They have a wide menu but I like the choices better at Rainforrest and you get more food there. I got a Cheesesteak and it made me sick later in the night.
  • I will not be rushing to return. I still prefer Rainforrest.

BuddhasHomeGirl

The FOOD: BLAH! They have a wide menu but I like the choices better at Rainforrest and you get more food there. I got a Cheesesteak and it made me sick later in the night

*sigh* I know, its sad because its such a fun place to take the kids, mine loved it! (the scenery) But the food is just so.....well....not good. lol We stopped going to Rain forest because the food has really gone down hill, I know they are owned by the same company but I was trying to have a little hope. lol

It seems like Landry's is only about the 'dining experience' and not the food. You pay for the scenary and theming basically.

(taken from their investor relations page)
Landry's Restaurants, Inc. is the premier purveyor of the finest casual dining experience, while maintaining uncompromising principles as we grow.

I don't see them talking about their food at all :rolleyes:

dolbyman

talking about rainforrest .. for a dinner for two (my sister and me) we paid around 90$ (converted from Euro for 2 burgers and two drinks) .. so if you get to Disneyland paris start thinking about another home loan when going there :D (food is ok)

smk

talking about rainforrest .. for a dinner for two (my sister and me) we paid around 90$ (converted from Euro for 2 burgers and two drinks) .. so if you get to Disneyland paris start thinking about another home loan when going there :D (food is ok)
WOW, we ate there in October and it was only about 48 dollars and that included a tip. We didn't have any alcohol but both of us had a burger and shared a desert. More than that price and I would consider never going back....I hate to eat out anymore, too much money!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
WOW, we ate there in October and it was only about 48 dollars and that included a tip. We didn't have any alcohol but both of us had a burger and shared a desert. More than that price and I would consider never going back....I hate to eat out anymore, too much money!
He was at the one in Paris...

dcibrando

In my opinion you are paying for tha atmosphere at both restaurants... while I like going every once in awhile... the food is WAY WAY overpriced

pacochran

My family found the opposite, we like T-Rex better than Rainforest, to us Rainforest is boring with not much action going on, found more action at T-Rex. As for pricing and food they are about the same as far as we are concerned.

ToTBellHop

Landry's is interesting--I've never thought Rainforest was very good food-wise, and T-Rex is apparently similar, yet Yak & Yeti is very popular and gets good reviews food-wise.

yankspy

Landry's is interesting--I've never thought Rainforest was very good food-wise, and T-Rex is apparently similar, yet Yak & Yeti is very popular and gets good reviews food-wise.
Same company but each concept could have it's own management, corporate chefs, etc. Landry's is odd because they range all the way from low end to high end.

ToTBellHop

Same company but each concept could have it's own management, corporate chefs, etc. Landry's is odd because they range all the way from low end to high end.
right--I was just cautioning against pooling all Landry's restaurants in the same boat, b/c they aren't. It really is a pity that T-Rex appears to be on the low-end side of things from a food-quality perspective. It had potential. I would have liked a restaurant with this theming but with good food over in Dinoland.

marcriss

We were pleasantly surprised with T-Rex. We ate in the ice cave which wasn't the greatest spot because of the blue lighting, but we split a bacon cheeseburger and it was really good. So good that we were talking about it the other day. We had really low expectations because of the food at Rainforest, maybe that helped.

The atmosphere is great if your kids like dinosaurs. The bar is particularly cool because it's an octopus with moving tentacles and other pre-historic sea creatures (my son's pre-historic obsession).

My guess is that the food will be good until the restaurant catches on and then the quality will go downhill like RF. T-Rex was empty for lunch when we were there.

MKCP 1985

I like the ice cave. :eek:

I had the weirdest experience at the bar just after they opened. I was by myself on a Sunday afternoon, just having a beer and a burger (the food was good, I thought). This would have been October 26, the day after the Tower of Terror 13K run.

Anyway, my beer is in a tall pilsner style beer glass, sitting on the bar. I lift the glass and the bottom two or three inches of the glass stays put on the bar, and the rest of the glass comes along with me. The beer spills all over the bar, to the amusement of a few other patrons sitting along side me.

No idea how that happened. Wow!

Captain Chaos

When did you call to make reservations? I believe they are just now starting to take them...

I dined there on opening night and again later in that week... I thought the food was very good, better than Rainforest... I think TRex is much much better...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom