Did I seriously just run 10 miles??? A Tower of Terror 10-miler Trip Report!

The cast: Me (Jess) and @LuvsTheMouse (Diane/mom) Avid Disney travellers always having a good time together!

From our last trip
IMG_4430.jpg

The When: September 26-September 30th

The Where: Port Orleans Riverside

WARNING: We took a lot of pictures, but I know everyone likes looking at pictures so there will be a lot of them here that me and my mom took! I used manual mode the whole trip until…well you’ll have to see what happens why I had to stop using manual mode…..

And here we goooo!.....

September 26th

We were up bright and early at 430 am for our 7 am flight!! We figured we had plenty of time to get to the airport and have breakfast before we had to leave..well boy we were wrong! We got there right after 530 and didn’t get out of the security line until 625! And as soon as we got to our gate they were getting ready to board our flight!!!! We will definitely need some Southwest coffee on this flight!

A beautiful sunrise from the airport
IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

Waiting to board!
DSC03681.jpg

Ready for takeoff!
IMG_5016.jpg

Clouds and a beautiful sky
IMG_5018.jpg

So might I say Southwest has some of the best coffee I have ever had..it could give Dunkin a run for their money. And they have THE CUTEST coffee cup EVER
IMG_5020.jpg

Some stowaways!
DSC03684.jpg

DSC03685.jpg

To pass the time during the flight I started listening to my iPad and coloring in this gem my mom gave me for Christmas last year!
IMG_5021.jpg

Seriously, coloring was the best way to pass the time, and very relaxing I suggest it!!!
IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

After arriving 10 minutes early and getting our luggage it was off to DME!!!
IMG_5025.jpg

Isn’t this Mickey on the floor just adorable??? There were many leading the way for us!
IMG_5026.jpg

Port Orleans Riverside here we come!
IMG_5029.jpg

What a glorious sight! (When you’re arriving at least!)
IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

On our way!
IMG_5033.jpg

Had to get a picture of the nasty lovebug on the window haha
IMG_5036.jpg

It’s close!
DSC09172.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
::cue heaven and the angels singing:::
DSC09174.jpg

We’re here! We’re here!
DSC09175.jpg

Love when they have cast members greeting you as you walk in!
DSC09176.jpg

There was a long line for check-in so I went a little nutso on the pictures!

I thought of all my UnOfficial WDWMagic girls cruise ladies!!!
IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5044.jpg

Love the lamps!
IMG_5045.jpg

And the hidden mickeys in the trim!
IMG_5046.jpg

Before we knew it, it was time to go to our room! And it was ready!!!! We were in the Alligator Bayou which is where we wanted to stay because from pictures these rooms looked AMAZING! And it did not disappoint!

Almost there! Lodge 39!
DSC03734.jpg

This was waiting for us as when we got in!
IMG_5047.jpg

The pull down trundle bed (I think this is what it’s called) is really awesome!!! I sat on it and it was pretty comfy!!! (and cute!)
IMG_5048.jpg

Not pulled down it served as a really comfy bench!
IMG_5049.jpg

Refrigerator
IMG_5050.jpg

Shot for you Holly!!!
IMG_5051.jpg

Under the sinks…..wish I had a spoon right about now!
IMG_5052.jpg

Bathroom and room divider
IMG_5053.jpg

Shower with a creepy fishy shower curtain…weirded me out everytime I went in the bathroom
IMG_5054.jpg

Love the shampoo and conditioner!!! (and yes we brought some home)
IMG_5056.jpg

Cute table between the beds
IMG_5057.jpg

Table and chairs! LOOOVE THEM!
IMG_5058.jpg

Oh ya and did I mention we had an AWESOME corner room?!?!?!?!
IMG_5059.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Love the decorative pillow on the bed!
IMG_5060.jpg

Lantern lights above the beds!
IMG_5063.jpg

Picture of the bayou on the wall
IMG_5064.jpg

Here come some floor shots! It thought it was pretty cool it was meant to look like a wood floor. My only complaint was that it was already pulling in some places.
IMG_5065.jpg

One of my favorite shots!
IMG_5066.jpg

IMG_5067.jpg

Bench in front of the window (AC was underneath)
IMG_5068.jpg

Loved the comforter with POR all over it!!!!
IMG_5069.jpg

Hidden Mickey in the rack!
IMG_5070.jpg

IMG_5073.jpg

The light again not on
IMG_5074.jpg

Corner room 3941!!
IMG_5075.jpg

Through the window
DSC09286.jpg

DSC09285.jpg

Our “Garden View”
DSC09284.jpg

Light outside our door
IMG_5076.jpg

These signs were helpful since it was very confusing sometimes getting around this area!
IMG_5078.jpg

Love the little bridge into our building!
IMG_5079.jpg

It was dead around the resort
IMG_5080.jpg

Mansions across the way
IMG_5082.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
This is a beautiful thing….I don’t think I could ever go back to POP after seeing this everyday…..
IMG_5081.jpg

Water Wheel close up
IMG_5083.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

Some more lobby pictures

IMG_5085.jpg

IMG_5087.jpg

Best place to be!!
IMG_5088.jpg

IMG_5089.jpg

IMG_5090.jpg

Riverside and French Quarter!
IMG_5092.jpg

IMG_5093.jpg

IMG_5094.jpg

As you can tell Mom was eager to get to the Magic Kingdom lol
IMG_5095.jpg

IMG_5096.jpg

Our holding area for the Magic Kingdom!
IMG_5097.jpg

I think we had just missed a bus..because we waited for about 15-20 minutes for the next one while one bus for all other parks and DTD came by…but that’s okay because shortly after we were headed for….

IMG_5099.jpg

And we got one of these!!!!! So excited to be holding this beauty in our hands! :D
IMG_5101.jpg

It’s Fall in the Magic Kingdom!!!!
IMG_5102.jpg

From here we made a beeline for food. Mind you we haven’t eaten since we were on the plane and we were starving!!!! I didn’t even take any pictures of the castle! (Also the crane was up so wasn’t too interested in pictures with the crane….AGAIN…)

We had our minds on…
IMG_5109.jpg

IMG_5105.jpg

IMG_5104.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
For lunch it was the sweet and spicy chicken waffle sandwich and some fries from Columbia Harbor House along with the free water! (Free water was awesome on this trip..we always asked for a cup wherever they sold fountain soda..definitely kept us hydrated!)

IMG_5107.jpg

This sandwich was just okay. I wasn’t overly impressed by it. I think the Ham and Cheese one would have been much better. And the green thingys that were in the sandwich were blegh. But I can now say I finally tried a famous waffle sandwich!

During lunch, I was tweeting someone I follow from Australia who was vacationing with her fiancé for a couple of weeks..unfortunately it was their last two days but we had planned to meet up! And were headed towards the Adventureland spoke to meet!!!!

Headed back towards the hub
IMG_5106.jpg

Can never have enough of these!
IMG_5111.jpg

While waiting
IMG_5112.jpg

Here is Dom and me!!!!
IMG_5113.jpg

Dom and her fiancée Chris are seriously awesome people!!! Hopefully we can spend time together again sometime in the future, because they are very nice people to chat with! And I must say it’s pretty cool to say I know someone who lives halfway across the globe! We ended up bumping into each other a few times over this day and the next. It turns out their room was actually about 10 rooms down from ours in the same building! What a small world! Dom if you’re reading this (she comes on here sometimes) I hope you are well and we had such a great time meeting and talking to you!!!!! <3

After parting ways we headed down towards Main Street to go gather some Sorcerer cards! But first paying homage to my old job…
DSC09220.jpg

Looks like the Magic Kingdom is in trouble and they need some volunteers!
IMG_5115.jpg

DSC09191.jpg

While waiting the Fire Chief came and entertained us, I loved the badge on his shirt and had to get a close up of it
DSC09190.jpg

We got our cards and we were on separate missions. We were just excited to see what cards we would get! Unfortunately we only played at one portal, we just didn’t have a whole bunch of time. Novemeber we will definitely go around playing more though! Promise!

Next up was a trip around the Magic Kingdom!...well to Storybook Circus at least!
DSC09192.jpg

Splash Mountain was apparently down…
IMG_5116.jpg

And we arrived in Storybook Circus! I must say the Imagineers did an awesome job in this new area of the park! The details are just outstanding! I do have to admit I sorta miss Toontown, but this isn’t a bad replacement at all!

DSC09194.jpg

IMG_5118.jpg

IMG_5119.jpg

DSC09205.jpg

Skipped the Barnstormer on this trip..didn’t feel like waiting in line much
IMG_5120.jpg

I love what they’ve done with the place!
IMG_5122.jpg

DSC09196.jpg

But we couldn’t resist a ride on DUMBO!
IMG_5123.jpg

Into the tent we went with one of these babies!
DSC09200.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Seriously, this was the best thing they ever did for this attraction, it fits so well and it gives people a place to cool off in the summer and not have to worry about waiting outside to ride. And it buzzes when you’re ready! I mean seriously how cool is this place! I wish I would have gone around and played in it. Next time!

DSC09201.jpg

Finally it was time to ride!
IMG_5125.jpg

I can’t wait to see this at night!
IMG_5127.jpg

IMG_5128.jpg

DSC09204.jpg

From up in the air
IMG_5129.jpg

See you later Timothy!
IMG_5130.jpg

New trashcan!
DSC09208.jpg

Love the signage
IMG_5131.jpg

New Fantasyland picture time!!!
IMG_5132.jpg

I can’t believe the next time I’m in WDW this will be open!!! I cannot contain my excitement for Prince Eric’s castle <3
IMG_5133.jpg

IMG_5134.jpg

IMG_5135.jpg

I love the new castle wall, the detail that went into it is just amazing.
DSC09209.jpg

IMG_5136.jpg

IMG_5137.jpg

IMG_5138.jpg

There was a single rose growing in this area….hmmmm are you thinking what I’m thinking?
IMG_5139.jpg

IMG_5140.jpg

IMG_5141.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
After this we headed to It’s a Small World where I took a picture of the place where I threw a quarter
IMG_5143.jpg

While on It’s a Small World Darolyn (@derelicte19) texted me saying she was in Tomorrowland so after our spin on It’s a Small World we headed over that way to meet her!!!!!!! (FINALLY!) It felt like I have known her forever, honestly! Unfortunately Ashley wasn’t there but we got to meet Darolyn and her mom! We took a ride on the TTA and talked almost the whole time. She had scored some fastpasses previously for Space Mountain and asked me if I wanted to go on it with her…of course I would! She ran into a cast member from ME who was….but I’ll let her go into that one ;). It was fun to ride it Space Mountain with someone. My mom doesn’t go on roller coasters so I’m usually by my lonesome when I go on the big rides, so it was nice to have a friend to go with!!!! Thanks Darolyn! I miss you!

We are cute :)
DSC09212.jpg

We talked for a bit longer then they had to run out for some dinner ressies and we headed over to the Haunted Mansion!

DSC09215.jpg

After our ride we decided it was time to head out so we could meet Shelley (@Fashionista007) and Jason for dinner!!!!

But not without a picture of the Partner’s Statue!
IMG_5145.jpg

My mom took this of me taking the above picture (I honestly didn’t know she was taking this)…remind you of anyone??
DSC09213.jpg

We took a bus over to the AKL because we had ressies at…
DSC09222.jpg

DSC09226.jpg

Cue the food pics…
DSC09229.jpg

DSC09230.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Yes I had to go up just for an extra plate of the best mashed potatoes and mac and cheese I have ever had!
DSC09231.jpg

Dessert
DSC09232.jpg

Me and Shelley!
DSC09225.jpg

Here are my thoughts of Boma…the food was excellent…I don’t think I even got a chance to try everything I was so full. But the desserts…I wasn’t impressed with. I’m not sure if it was because I was too full or I just had too high of expectations for desserts. The zebra domes were not as good as I thought they were going to be. Oh well. I would definitely recommend Boma and go there again!

Some more pictures around AKL
DSC09228.jpg

DSC09236.jpg

DSC09234.jpg

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

The next few pictures were taken with my tripod. I brought my new tripod that Mom bought me for Christmas and I was so excited to try it out! Shelley and Jason had the privilege of being my first tripod victims! For a first timer I don’t think they were too shabby!

Test shot
IMG_5150.jpg

The four of us!
IMG_5151.jpg

My next victims…muahaha
IMG_5152.jpg

IMG_5155.jpg

IMG_5156.jpg

Back inside the Lodge (no more tripod pics)

Here is money tree! The saying for this tree was really cute…hopefully you can see it in the picture because I can’t remember what it says.
IMG_5158.jpg

After roaming Shelley and Jason gave us a ride back to Riverside where we had this little friend waiting for us!
DSC09240.jpg

We settled in for our first night in Walt Disney World around 11pm.

That's all for today folks! Enjoy :)

mamamouse

AGGGHHHHH so excited that you started!!!!!
OMg really? a luis bed I have to sleep on one!!!!
awe :( my daddy used to play the washboard.
Your room was super cute.
Look at you on the train HOLY GORGEOUS JESS !!!
Awe darolyn<3
YAY Shelley :)
I love momma in the pic with Shelley and jason ,she's so awesome!!!
Okay I wanna rewind n be back there with all of you.

fractal

Awesome start and love the pics! Love how you are using manual setting. Your pics of PORS have me missing that beautiful resort and i really like the new room furniture and decor.

soarin

I love the rooms at PORS, we have stayed there, but in the Magnolia section. Your trip report is great so far, can't wait to read more. I want to hear about your race, I am doing the Wine and Dine next month, so I want to hear about yours.

WDW_Princess24

Yaaaay so excited to see this!! L-O-V-E the Port Orleans pictures, the new rooms are adorable!! One day I will actually stay there lol! So great you got to see Shelley again, HI SHELLEY!! :D

It's looking like I may be down there for your birthday trip, the entire thing LOL If we go in the spring, those are the dates we will be going. Our next trips overlap on the 25th and 26th!!

Keep it coming lovey!

HouCuseChickie

Loving the report!!! And yay for pictures!!! Phenomenal pics around PORS...everything just looks so lush. Love the idea of coloring on the plane, I have a feeling my girls would steal the coloring books and crayons from me, but just in case- I'm going to have to borrow that idea at some point. :) Funny- I had a similar opinion of dessert at Boma...still makes me kind of sad. :( Nice tripod shots! I was debating about leaving mine home in Nov, but I'm now having a change of heart. Can't wait to read more!!! :D

Allygator

Love the decorative pillow on the bed!
IMG_5060.jpg

Lantern lights above the beds!
IMG_5063.jpg

Picture of the bayou on the wall
IMG_5064.jpg

Here come some floor shots! It thought it was pretty cool it was meant to look like a wood floor. My only complaint was that it was already pulling in some places.
IMG_5065.jpg

One of my favorite shots!
IMG_5066.jpg

IMG_5067.jpg

Bench in front of the window (AC was underneath)
IMG_5068.jpg

Loved the comforter with POR all over it!!!!
IMG_5069.jpg

Hidden Mickey in the rack!
IMG_5070.jpg

IMG_5073.jpg

The light again not on
IMG_5074.jpg

Corner room 3941!!
IMG_5075.jpg

Through the window
DSC09286.jpg

DSC09285.jpg

Our “Garden View”
DSC09284.jpg

Light outside our door
IMG_5076.jpg

These signs were helpful since it was very confusing sometimes getting around this area!
IMG_5078.jpg

Love the little bridge into our building!
IMG_5079.jpg

It was dead around the resort
IMG_5080.jpg

Mansions across the way
IMG_5082.jpg
So jealous! I booked for next September for Riverside and there were no Alligator Bayou rooms available. Love your pictures! Makes me want to stay there even more!

enchanted_belle

YOU STARTED YOUR TR?!?!??!? HOW DID I MISS THIS?!?!?!?! (PS, I'm gonna be IN this! Do you know how exciting that is? lol)

I love youu, and I'm so excited to read all about the parts I wasn't in, and see all the pictures from before.... well, you know what I'm talking about ;)

<3 <3 twins forever

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom