Did I seriously just run 10 miles??? A Tower of Terror 10-miler Trip Report!

The cast: Me (Jess) and @LuvsTheMouse (Diane/mom) Avid Disney travellers always having a good time together!

From our last trip
IMG_4430.jpg

The When: September 26-September 30th

The Where: Port Orleans Riverside

WARNING: We took a lot of pictures, but I know everyone likes looking at pictures so there will be a lot of them here that me and my mom took! I used manual mode the whole trip until…well you’ll have to see what happens why I had to stop using manual mode…..

And here we goooo!.....

September 26th

We were up bright and early at 430 am for our 7 am flight!! We figured we had plenty of time to get to the airport and have breakfast before we had to leave..well boy we were wrong! We got there right after 530 and didn’t get out of the security line until 625! And as soon as we got to our gate they were getting ready to board our flight!!!! We will definitely need some Southwest coffee on this flight!

A beautiful sunrise from the airport
IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

Waiting to board!
DSC03681.jpg

Ready for takeoff!
IMG_5016.jpg

Clouds and a beautiful sky
IMG_5018.jpg

So might I say Southwest has some of the best coffee I have ever had..it could give Dunkin a run for their money. And they have THE CUTEST coffee cup EVER
IMG_5020.jpg

Some stowaways!
DSC03684.jpg

DSC03685.jpg

To pass the time during the flight I started listening to my iPad and coloring in this gem my mom gave me for Christmas last year!
IMG_5021.jpg

Seriously, coloring was the best way to pass the time, and very relaxing I suggest it!!!
IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

After arriving 10 minutes early and getting our luggage it was off to DME!!!
IMG_5025.jpg

Isn’t this Mickey on the floor just adorable??? There were many leading the way for us!
IMG_5026.jpg

Port Orleans Riverside here we come!
IMG_5029.jpg

What a glorious sight! (When you’re arriving at least!)
IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

On our way!
IMG_5033.jpg

Had to get a picture of the nasty lovebug on the window haha
IMG_5036.jpg

It’s close!
DSC09172.jpg

mamamouse

You did a lot of running in the rain for me! I appreciate that :) And very much feel the love!!!!!
And you definitely cheered me up alot!!!! It was so much fun spending time with you and your dad!
I really really wish we would have taken a picture I don't know what we were thinking!!!!!! I heard Sister Christian not too long after our trip and I thought of you! Everytime I hear that song I will definitely be thinking of you.
Hah! See told you you definitely need to get one next time!! Drinky drink for after the cruise!!! lol
The worst part is leaving i know :( And you know something I never really thought of typing Jessica and it not being me LOL. It is weird though because my best friend is named Jessica and she is also called Jess so thats really weird. LOL. AND my fiancee's best friend's wife is named Jessica...so thats a little bit awkward sometimes....so ya lots of Jessica's going around! :) And now I rambled on about people named Jessica lol. But

OKay sooooo I read that n had to tell you that I almost named Riley "Jessica" LOL

mamamouse

OH jess what can i say except :( You are seriously the sweetest person in the world!! I loved that it seemed like everytime we'd say goodbye it really wasn't goodbye because we'd find each other again, I wish it was like that in the "Real world" i added more to my tr but I'm still not done,soon though I promise and then there will be more you so thats a plus !!!I miss u n ur momma too you ladies are great!!! If I could adopt a parent i'd choose her.it was so nice to chat with you last night and i look forward to our future plans :) Surprise me! WE will be friends forever girlfraaaannnn :D

erstwo

This was a great TR! I really enjoyed reading it! I love reading trip reports about runDisney events. One day, I plan to run one myself, but not until my kids are older or my husband and I go alone. I first considered doing a Disney race the spring before we went on our Disney cruise. After experiencing the Castaway Cay 5k and all it took out of me (although it was July 3 in the Caribbean!) I just knew I couldn't do that to my kids/ husband and their vacation time. I do have some hope of doing one in the next few years as a girls trip with some friends, so maybe I'll get to do one sooner than I'd thought. :)

I know what you mean about it being hard to go back to Pop after staying at a Moderate. I thought the same thing after we stayed at CBR (and the pool there is way more awesome than the other moderate pools) but we went back no problem! And then from the Beach Club to Pop, no problem again. But we are those people who are just happy to be back I guess! Ha! :D

Thanks for sharing your trip!

Fashionista007

It has been way too long since I've read a TR on this site :) @derelicte19, @mamamouse and @enchanted_belle yours are next on my list!

I really liked the food at Boma but I agree the desserts were lacking. Remember that tart thing I ate and I made a funny face and the table next to us started laughing?? That was one of my favorite oopsies :)

I'm so glad you got me to join Team Studios Central! I can't wait until I get to see almost everyone again during Marathon weekend. Yulady and I will hold down the fort until then! I hope to see you on your next trip but my plans are still up in the air...sigh.

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
OH jess what can i say except :( You are seriously the sweetest person in the world!! I loved that it seemed like everytime we'd say goodbye it really wasn't goodbye because we'd find each other again, I wish it was like that in the "Real world" i added more to my tr but I'm still not done,soon though I promise and then there will be more you so thats a plus !!!I miss u n ur momma too you ladies are great!!! If I could adopt a parent i'd choose her.it was so nice to chat with you last night and i look forward to our future plans :) Surprise me! WE will be friends forever girlfraaaannnn :D

Awwwwwww I think you're hard to beat though because I think YOU are the sweetest person in the world!!! I know I really liked that too, like we said goodbye at Bob's show, but we saw you the next day, and then we saw you the morning we left, and again at the airport. It was really nice. I'm sure my momma would be happy to have you!!! :) I know I would be! haha!! I need to go finish up your trip report...I've been seriously slacking in that department.

This was a great TR! I really enjoyed reading it! I love reading trip reports about runDisney events. One day, I plan to run one myself, but not until my kids are older or my husband and I go alone. I first considered doing a Disney race the spring before we went on our Disney cruise. After experiencing the Castaway Cay 5k and all it took out of me (although it was July 3 in the Caribbean!) I just knew I couldn't do that to my kids/ husband and their vacation time. I do have some hope of doing one in the next few years as a girls trip with some friends, so maybe I'll get to do one sooner than I'd thought. :)

I know what you mean about it being hard to go back to Pop after staying at a Moderate. I thought the same thing after we stayed at CBR (and the pool there is way more awesome than the other moderate pools) but we went back no problem! And then from the Beach Club to Pop, no problem again. But we are those people who are just happy to be back I guess! Ha! :D

Thanks for sharing your trip!

You could always start out with 5k's on the weekend of the big runDisney events! Those are usually earlier in the morning! And shouldn't take too much out of vacation time! You will have a lot of fun when you do go to do one!!!! :)

That's good to hear!!! Pop is one of my favorites so I'm sure we would have no problem going back even though I said it would be hard :) You just can't help being happy to be back no matter where you stay!!!
and thanks for reading and following along!!!! Another one coming soon! We leave in 13 days!!!!

It has been way too long since I've read a TR on this site :) @derelicte19, @mamamouse and @enchanted_belle yours are next on my list!

I really liked the food at Boma but I agree the desserts were lacking. Remember that tart thing I ate and I made a funny face and the table next to us started laughing?? That was one of my favorite oopsies :)

I'm so glad you got me to join Team Studios Central! I can't wait until I get to see almost everyone again during Marathon weekend. Yulady and I will hold down the fort until then! I hope to see you on your next trip but my plans are still up in the air...sigh.

Thanks for coming and reading mine Shelley!!!!

hahaha I remember that oopsie!!! :) But you never know how it tastes until you try it! :) That night was so much fun with you and Jason!

You two keep holding down the fort until we all make it back!!! :) I hope I win that contest to do the Princess half..I've been entering everyday!!! And now you will be home and we will get to see you!!!!!!! :D But hopefully you'll get to go there sometime soon! <3 See ya REAL soon!!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom