Trip Report Did All My Wishes make for a Happily Ever After? *Completed*

It has taken me so long to get this TR started because our desktop computer died right after returning from this trip and it took us awhile to replace it.
I had all kinds of clever Trip Report titles in mind whilst on the actual trip, but I have since forgotten them. In my last TR, I believe I was lamenting the fact that I was unable to procure a California Grill ADR for this trip. I was also not thrilled that we were staying at OKW because of transportation issues. First world problems, amiright?! I really should keep in my that whatever PineapplePrincess wants, PineapplePrincess (almost always) gets.
A few weeks before this trip, our waitlist for BWV came through AND I was able to snag a Cali Grill ADR on our arrival night!
Here are the particulars of this trip:
Who: E, a.k.a MSUJafar & I
When: 9/28-10/3
Where: Boardwalk Villas 😍
Why: E was very adamant about wanting to be at MK on the actual anniversary and who am I to argue?
DSC05979.JPG

DSC05986.JPG

DSC05987.JPG

We arrived around 1:30 and to my delight, the room was ready and it was a good one! I had requested "close to elevator" and we were the second room in from the elevator on the lobby level.
DSC06148.JPG

Our balcony had a cute porthole feeling to it. We loved it!
DSC05984.JPG

DSC05983.JPG

DSC05985.JPG

From the outside looking up at our room:
DSC06167.JPG

We never did visit the pool on this short trip, but it would have been very convenient.
After a quick trip via Uber to Publix for snacks and drinks, it was time to get ready for some pre-dinner drinks and a farewell to HEA.

Attachments

• DSC05982.JPG
    DSC05982.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 94

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
10/1
According to my notes, we rode Pirates after JC, but I must have been slacking off on my picture taking. I have no idea what the couple behind us are doing! 🤨 Yes, I was afraid of getting my hair wet so I wore my Paddington hat. We were in for a long day and I didn't want my hair messed up!
758122114.jpeg

My notes say that I got in line for the Emporium while E got in line to procure me a popcorn bucket, but we must have stopped for Philharmagic first.
DSC06317.JPG

There were only two souvenirs I semi wanted from the anniversary and E was determined that I would get both. One was the gold popcorn bucket and the other was the much fought over Starbucks tumbler. I really didn't want E to wait for the popcorn bucket, but he insisted, so we split up. I waited maybe 25 minutes to get into the Emporium.
DSC06318.JPG

I didn't see the tumblers, so I asked a CM and was told that I was in the right place. They were just about to re-stock and I was standing right where the line was to get one! After I grabbed my tumbler (in hindsight, I should have gotten 2), I wandered around anxiety ridden. It was so crowded even with them limiting the number of guests. I ended up in the right place at the right time again when they were re-stocking the 50th Christmas Ornaments, so I grabbed one of those too. I also ended up getting the 50th Passholder ears and a pin. I don't love the ears, but I knew I would regret not getting them.
I had placed a mobile order for Pecos Bill's and it took forever. It was at least 45 minutes after I hit "I'm here"! I know now that there were a lot of mobile order issues on this day. Our usual lunch plus a kids' chicken rice bowl. It hit the spot.
DSC06319.JPG

Once we realized that there probably wasn't going to be a lot of special events for the anniversary, we were happy to get on some rides. The wait times were not bad at all. We headed over to HM.
DSC06320.JPG

I know there's a story that goes along with all of these where you can figure out who started the killing spree. One of these days, I'll take the time to get out of line and figure it out, but today was not the day. BTW, if you already know, DON'T tell!
DSC06321.JPG

I would have been so disappointed if Master Gracey's tombstone had been rose-less today!
DSC06323.JPG

758253228.jpeg

Is there room for 2 more?!
After HM, we took a magic carpet ride and then shared a Dole Whip float.
DSC06325.JPG

At this point, we were tired of carrying our purchases, so we went to see if any lockers were still available. There weren't any (shocker), but a "virtual locker" was available so we got one. I was a little nervous about it, but not wanting to carry our stuff around the rest of the day won.
At some point ( I wish I had noted the time) E joined a virtual queue for some special pins that were only available today and you could only get them at the Frontier Trading Post.
We said "Hi" to some friends after securing our virtual locker.
DSC06329.JPG

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
10/1
We were in need of some rest and relaxation, so we started toward Carousel of Progress. E had to make a pit stop and while I was waiting for him I saw Paging Mr. Morrow a.k.a Nate in the garden area.
DSC06332.JPG

I was so excited! We watch all of his vlogs. There were some other vloggers in there as well, but I didn't know any of them. We had met Nate at an after hours party just a few days before the shut down. When E got out of the bathroom, we went over to say a proper hello. He was just as nice and down to Earth as he seems in his videos.
DSC06333.JPG

I don't know if anyone on here follows him. His channel started out with his then wife, who we also saw in the MK that day. I said "Hi" to her, but didn't get a photo.
Enjoy some Carousel of Progress photos:
DSC06335.JPG
DSC06336.JPG
DSC06337.JPG
DSC06338.JPG
DSC06339.JPG

Peoplemover was next with some Tron photos.
DSC06340.JPG
DSC06342.JPG
DSC06345.JPG

I am looking forward to riding Tron, but I'm afraid of the accompanying frenzy!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
10/1
We were in need of some rest and relaxation, so we started toward Carousel of Progress. E had to make a pit stop and while I was waiting for him I saw Paging Mr. Morrow a.k.a Nate in the garden area.
View attachment 610085
I was so excited! We watch all of his vlogs. There were some other vloggers in there as well, but I didn't know any of them. We had met Nate at an after hours party just a few days before the shut down. When E got out of the bathroom, we went over to say a proper hello. He was just as nice and down to Earth as he seems in his videos.
View attachment 610086
I don't know if anyone on here follows him. His channel started out with his then wife, who we also saw in the MK that day. I said "Hi" to her, but didn't get a photo.
We love us some Nate! My daughter and I watch his vlogs ALL the time. I am thrilled to hear he's just as awesome in person and needless to say we're EXTREMELY JEALOUS! :)

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
10/1
It was around dinner time and we had mobile ordered some corn dog nuggets from Casey's. I was lucky enough to grab us a table while E went to retrieve our order.
DSC06346.JPG

My ears shadow and a quick snap of the cavalcade going by. I always have to grab a pic of the Fairy Godmother because that is my intended future career!
DSC06349.JPG

We are not huge fans of any of the TS restaurants at MK and we were afraid that if we left MK, we wouldn't be allowed back in. Casey's hit the spot and we sat there for longer than we should have to rest. There was a large family sitting up against the half wall and we heard them say they were staked out there until the fireworks! They were not eating, just taking up 3 tables! Something really should be done about that.
DSC06350.JPG

People were already getting in place for the fireworks and we knew we would not be getting a good spot at this point so we rode some rides instead. E tried his hand at the sword, but no dice.
DSC06363.JPG

Another ride on two of our favorite classics was in order.
DSC06362.JPG

I think I took this because it was so lit up in there. Too bad it's blurry!
758478380.jpeg
758446646.jpeg

In my notes, it says we visited the Tiki Room at 6:15.
DSC06355.JPG

And Country Bears shortly thereafter.
DSC06365.JPG

I don't know if you remember a few posts ago I said that E had joined a virtual queue for some pins. Well he finally got called in to purchase them. I want to say it was 8 hours after joining the queue. I think I'm remembering accurately, but they were all opening day attraction pins. A CM gave E a clipboard with the pin choices on it so he could make his selections while waiting to go in.
I think he ended up purchasing at least 6, but I didn't photograph them and I have no idea where they are!
I took zero photos once it got dark. At this point, the only spots that were available for fireworks viewing were all the way back by the train station, so that's where we stood. It was still an hour before they were to start! We were tired, our spot was annoying because people kept trying to cut through and/or push their way into our spot. Suffice it to say, we are not fans of the new fireworks show. Honestly, I haven't even bothered to remember the name!
The one good thing about our location was that when it was over, we were able to get our virtual locker items quickly and get on the first bus to get back to BW.
Tomorrow is our last full day and we are headed to Epcot!

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
10/2 Epcot
I was up early to get our boarding group for Remy's Ratatouille Adventure. Sadly I didn't screenshot it, but it was going to be awhile.
It was a beautiful walk over. Obviously my camera lens was still steamed up.
DSC06366.JPG

DSC06367.JPG
DSC06369.JPG

Soarin' is probably my favorite ride of all time and that was our first ride of the day.
DSC06370.JPG
DSC06371.JPG

I snapped a photo of each scene this time, so please enjoy. No feet though @brifraz !
DSC06372.JPG
DSC06373.JPG
DSC06374.JPG

Attachments

• DSC06368.JPG
    DSC06368.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC06375.JPG
    DSC06375.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 56

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
It was past time to eat so we made our way over to Les Halles.
DSC06400.JPG
DSC06403.JPG
DSC06404.JPG
DSC06405.JPG
DSC06406.JPG
DSC06407.JPG

DSC06408.JPG
DSC06410.JPG

Since it was before 11, the booths weren't open yet. Seems everyone else had the same idea!
DSC06411.JPG

Did we wait in this longa** line? Yes, yes we did! How long could it possible take? LONG! We should have just sat somewhere and waited for the booths to open, but we had no way of knowing just how long the wait would be!

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
10/2
When we finally got our food, there was no place to sit. I believe we ended up sitting on a bench under the awning for Chefs de France.
DSC06412.JPG

It was crowded today! Originally our HS and Epcot days were flip flopped in the schedule. However, when we found out that Remy's Ratatouille Adventure was going to be opening on October 1st, I changed them. Normally, I know better than to schedule Epcot on a weekend during Food & Wine!
We ducked into Rose & Crown hoping to see Carl. It had just been announced that he was retiring the next week. He wasn't there, but we did have a nice chat with Holly. We discussed Carl's possible replacement as the Mayor. The two with the most seniority were Lorna from Gurgling Suitcase and Aaron from Nomad Lounge. Is it sad that we are familiar with a lot of the bartenders on property?
Meandering around WS, we encountered Mary Poppins and Belle.
DSC06413.JPG
DSC06414.JPG

The fountain in Morocco was fenced off during our June trip, so we grabbed a quick selfie. Yikes, I need a filter!
DSC06415.JPG

I had left my list of things I wanted to try in the room. :banghead: I knew the chicken teriyaki bun was on it, so we made a stop in Japan.
DSC06417.JPG

DSC06420.JPG

We also got the Kochi Lemon Drop. Both of these were okay.
Voices of Liberty were doing a set, so we sat and listened for a bit before heading to Italy for an Italian Margarita.
DSC06423.JPG
DSC06426.JPG
DSC06427.JPG

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
10/2
The weather had been really great on this trip. Yes it was hot, but not surface of the sun summer hot. Until today...it was definitely feeling more like July than October on this day.
Still waiting for our Remy group to be called, we decided to visit the Three Caballeros. How many times will I take the same photo? As long as there is a Fiesta Hoy, I will photograph it! 🪅
DSC06431.JPG

Shimmering Sips was next because we wanted to try the Mimosa Flight.
DSC06435.JPG

Refreshing for sure, but I can't recall which one I liked best. We were in search of some AC, so we headed back to Italy to see if we could grab a seat at Tutto Gusto. Unfortunately they were not letting people in just to drink, so we found an umbrella table where we enjoyed a couple glasses of wine.
We had an ADR at Via Napoli and it looked suspiciously like it was going to interfere with our Remy time. We were hungry, so I went to ask if it was possible for us to be seated early and luckily they were able to accommodate us. The view from our umbrella table.
DSC06436.JPG

A light for @Doc Disney
DSC06437.JPG
DSC06438.JPG
DSC06440.JPG
DSC06439.JPG

It was a very enjoyable meal. I can't seem to locate the drink menu to see what the strawberry concoction that E had is called. I believe the second one was a Sangria Flight.

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Our BG was finally called! It really is a cute area.
DSC06446.JPG
DSC06448.JPG
DSC06450.JPG

We were in line for another 45 minutes after our group was called.
DSC06455.JPG

Most of my indoor photos are blurry. It was a cute ride and of course new to us rides are always very exciting. I'd be lying if I didn't say it was a bit of a disappointment though.
After our long day of waiting and day drinking, we headed back to BW for a nap.
DSC06457.JPG
DSC06458.JPG
DSC06459.JPG

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Finishing up 10/2
I hate napping because I always wake up grumpy, but we were determined to see SSE at night. We stopped for some Cheddar Cheese Soup for dinner. WS was crazy!
DSC06460.JPG
DSC06461.JPG
DSC06462.JPG
DSC06463.JPG

DSC06468.JPG
DSC06470.JPG

Ooooh she's pretty! Since we were right there, we took a ride to say "Hi" to Foxy.
DSC06471.JPG

One more shot before heading back.
DSC06478.JPG

IMO this is the best 50th addition Disney has made. I could have watched it all night! Sadly though, packing was on the agenda. We had a late flight scheduled, but we would be leaving early in the morning to enjoy some time at AK.

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
10/3 AK and our last day
Wow, my notes for today are really short. We had good luck with getting a bus this morning. We didn't stop for any PP photos today. Here were our 4 goals for today:
1. FoP
2. Safari
3. Cheeseburger Pods
4. Nomad Lounge
According to my notes, we made it on FoP at 7:45 for the first ride and 8:25 for the second.
DSC06480.JPG
DSC06481.JPG
DSC06482.JPG

We made it to the Safari at 9:10. That's the end of my notes! Enjoy some safari photos.
DSC06490.JPG

DSC06491.JPG

Baby hippo! :inlove:
DSC06498.JPG

DSC06500.JPG
DSC06501.JPG
DSC06502.JPG

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
10/3
After the Safari we headed back to Satuli Canteen to pick up our mobile order right when it opened. We picked up a Night Blossom and a Pineapple Lumpia before our pods.
DSC06529.JPG
DSC06531.JPG

I know a lot of people don't enjoy the lumpia. We usually do, but discovered that letting it sit until after your meal was not the best plan. Blurry, but delicious!
DSC06535.JPG

DSC06536.JPG

On our way to Nomad Lounge.
DSC06537.JPG

I believe it was around 10:40 and we were greeted with this line!
DSC06538.JPG

Keep in mind that almost all of the groups in front of us had additional people who joined them. Did we get in? Stay tuned.

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
10/3
I won't leave you hanging. We got in! I knew it wouldn't be possible to get one of the good tables on the water this time. We were content to sit at the bar and chat with Aaron.
As much as I love Nomad Lounge, I'm not in love with any of the cocktails. @Darstarr dared me to get a Vodka and Lemonade and add some of the spicy strawberry syrup from the Churros to it, so that's exactly what I did! E had the Hightower Rocks.
DSC06543.JPG
DSC06545.JPG
DSC06546.JPG

It would have been delicious if they had regular lemonade. I'm sure most of you already know that Disney serves Minute Maid Light Lemonade, so that's all that was available. I still think they should invent a cocktail using that syrup.
E had a Green Shimmering Margarita which was actually blue.
DSC06547.JPG

I grabbed a photo of the Tree of Life on our way out.
DSC06548.JPG

Upon returning to Boardwalk, we still had some time to kill. So we visited the Boardwalk Ice Cream Shop. The CMs there were very friendly and asked us about our plans for the day. We told them that sadly we were going home. They asked about our trip and we told them it was great. So they made us a button to go along with our Thundering Surf Peanut Butter and Chocolate Sundae. Yes, it was just as good as a No Way Jose!

DSC06549.JPG
DSC06550.JPG
DSC06555.JPG

We said goodbye for now to our beloved Boardwalk. We have a trip planned for August and A will be coming with us if all goes as planned! Right now we're booked at OKW, our home resort. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to move to BWV at the 7 month mark.
I don't really have any final thoughts. We enjoyed this trip immensely, but it was tiring to not have a rest day. Resting seemed like a waste of time on such a short trip.
Thanks for following along! I will enjoy catching up on everyone else's reports!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom