DHS Tip Board Fountain removal???

Snowflake82

They are apparently eventually going to remove the tip boards at all the parks.

That makes sense, as most people will be getting wait times from their phones. I do hope that they are not getting rid of the fountain, though. The sounds and visuals of moving water add a lot of ambience to the park! (And can they please, please, pretty please restore the fountains in Carribean Plaza, too? Yeah, I know that request is futile...)

Snowflake82

I hope not. Not everyone has a smart phone or tablet. I would be curious to learn the actual numbers.

I also hope the fountain isn't going away. It's simple but pretty and it's not as though there are no other options.

True, not everyone has a smart phone or tablet, and I try to use mine as little as possible in the park. But even for those who don't have the phone, how often are are they really going to the tip board to check wait times? We would only check them as we happened to walk by that area, and only then if we didn't have a particular plan for where we wanted to head next. YMMV, so I am curious as to how often others use them.

KC00

Oh, I hope this isn't true. I did my CP at HS at Keystone Clothiers and I have a lot of affection for that little block of the park.

ToTBellHop

True, not everyone has a smart phone or tablet, and I try to use mine as little as possible in the park. But even for those who don't have the phone, how often are are they really going to the tip board to check wait times? We would only check them as we happened to walk by that area, and only then if we didn't have a particular plan for where we wanted to head next. YMMV, so I am curious as to how often others use them.
I check them frequently, certainly upon entering the park. I can't think of a reason to get rid of them unless they want to save $ on the CMs that update them (for what, $120/day?).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Really hope this isn't the case.

Surely they can find somewhere else in the park to add the kiosks and leave the fountain where it is.
The kiosks are definitely going in that area, it is just a question of whether or not the fountain stays.

Lord Pheonix

Why not fountains cost MONEY, MM+ supposedly makes money so why not remove another guest favorite so TDO can hoover up some more nickles and dimes.

actually your wrong. the amount of coins thrown into some of the bigger ones can up to thousands of dollars. and, altho i dont fall in with the "disney is going to hell" crowd by hateing all the little problems here and there, i do think these stupid bands and fastpasses are going to end up souring many vacations. tracking issues are another matter altogether.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom