DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Siren

i don't agree with SEEM. SEEM is relative, but "stuffed" is absolute. Yes, there are less people in the park, but the capacity is now less. My point was that yesterday the park was close to full, and that the wait on TSMM was 80, not 120. Are you thinking Disney will still allow the same number of people into DHS even though so much of the park area is closed? I don't think so.
Oh wow! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you are having an amazing Disney vacation. I totally need a Disney vacation right now!

With that being said, an eighty minute wait for this is still disappointing -- but, I agree that it is much better than 120. I was expecting wait times to be cut by at least half, no more than an hour wait. Eighty minutes is a long time. I waited in line for 90 minutes at Peter Pan and I thought I would never see the light of day -- it was *so* agonizing. And, then I waited that long for 7DMT recently -- but, that was only because the ride broke down.

It's unfortunate how capacity is such a glaring issue at WDW. At this point, I even wonder if Toy Story Playland and Star Wars land will be enough to even address this problem. It could have the opposite effect and offset wait times by drawing in more crowds -- twice as large.

Star Wars Land should have been a fifth gate. And, that space could have been used for a Pixar themed land.

Yesterday I was at the park around 9:45AM. Used fast pass and was sent to the original track, wait was only 45 minutes according to the standby queue when I got out. I took a chance and got in line, it only took 25 minutes and I was sent to the third track.
Thanks for the update. This is a nice improvement *but* 9:45 am is still early.

lnsemsf

I would say overall the average waits I've seen for MM at DCA is 45 minutes, while Soarin averages about 30. I've been able to get fast passes up until even 90 minutes before park close when I've been there. Tower of Terror always seems to have the highest Fast Pass demand (besides Racers of course.)

RSoxNo1

As of this morning what I described is how it was worked.

I'm sure when the work is complete what you posted would make more sense.
It does not make sense to dedicate standby or Fastpass exclusive tracks. What they can do is send most of Fastpass to the original two with Stamdby going to the new track. While the percentages are 2/3rds and 1/3rds in favor of FP, guest flow will never be consistently coming in at that level. It's nice to have the flexibility.

Also, part of the reason for the reduced waits during the soft opening of the attraction is that I'm guessing Fastpass distribution only assumed two tracks would be open. This would mean a lot more Standby guests relative to Fastpass compared to normal operations. When it officially opens on Friday morning, then we can start to get a true idea of the new normal.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It does not make sense to dedicate standby or Fastpass exclusive tracks. What they can do is send most of Fastpass to the original two with Stamdby going to the new track. While the percentages are 2/3rds and 1/3rds in favor of FP, guest flow will never be consistently coming in at that level. It's nice to have the flexibility.

Also, part of the reason for the reduced waits during the soft opening of the attraction is that I'm guessing Fastpass distribution only assumed two tracks would be open. This would mean a lot more Standby guests relative to Fastpass compared to normal operations. When it officially opens on Friday morning, then we can start to get a true idea of the new normal.

I agree. Just saying what CMs told me on soft opening.

Cesar R M

Yesterday I was at the park around 9:45AM. Used fast pass and was sent to the original track, wait was only 45 minutes according to the standby queue when I got out. I took a chance and got in line, it only took 25 minutes and I was sent to the third track.
Perhaps the metter and estimates are based on two tracks still? and not updated to the third track increase?

MagicHappens1971

This third track is really improving wait times! lol jk - CM outside the attraction stated that "one part" of the ride is broken down and they're not taking standby, only FP. She also said this wait time is not accurate. Is the original two tracks FP and third standby?
image.jpeg

Siren

Ok so the original two tracks are down, not the third track. So I think we can confirm the third track is FP?
Totally. This sounds accurate to me.

You know, originally I was on board with the third track because I thought it would improve the lines.

So much for that.
Hey, slow down. It's way too soon to make that kind of judgement. I was disappointed with the wait times too, until someone confirmed that only one or two lanes were open.

I'm still not using FP+ for this, at least not for my first three. I will just stick with my morning standby routine. And, then attempt to pick up a FastPass for sometime later on in the day.

co10064

Premium Member
I just noticed that the MDE app officially labels the ride as "Toy Story Mania!" Omitting the "Midway". I could be wrong but this seems like a fairly recent switch? I wouldn't be surprised if when TSL opens the facade will just be Toy Story Mania

MagicHappens1971

I just noticed that the MDE app officially labels the ride as "Toy Story Mania!" Omitting the "Midway". I could be wrong but this seems like a fairly recent switch? I wouldn't be surprised if when TSL opens the facade will just be Toy Story Mania
Just realized that too, seems weird they'd change it now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
You know, originally I was on board with the third track because I thought it would improve the lines.

So much for that.

If it's not reducing wait time, then it is allowing more people to ride which is still a win. TSL should help with wait times, but SWL could make things worse again because it will draw more people into the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom