DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

UpAllNight

If it's not reducing wait time, then it is allowing more people to ride which is still a win. TSL should help with wait times, but SWL could make things worse again because it will draw more people into the park.

Which is why I've always been a bit underwhelmed by talk of this radical overhaul of the Studios. From what's been announced so far I see a huge enhancement in the overall quality of DHS, but nowhere near enough in terms of fixing the experience of visiting this park.

skimbob

Given what's been said, I've always heard that TSMM and Soarin' are walk on's compared to their Florida counterparts..
TSMM is not a walk on at DCA. It has probably the longest wait of all rides here in CA. In HS I haven't waited longer than an hour for TSMM. Soarin has less of a wait here but it is definately not a walk on most of the time. Compared to Epcot ours is definately quicker.

PizzaPlanet

TSMM is not a walk on at DCA. It has probably the longest wait of all rides here in CA. In HS I haven't waited longer than an hour for TSMM. Soarin has less of a wait here but it is definately not a walk on most of the time. Compared to Epcot ours is definately quicker.
Depends when you ride. If you go to TSMM first thing in the morning, you can ride it multiple times in a row at DCA.

KikoKea

Depends when you ride. If you go to TSMM first thing in the morning, you can ride it multiple times in a row at DCA.
That's what happened with us- early morning, place was nearly empty over on the Pier and we had about a 5 min wait. Went back later and the line was longer, so my dear husband, whom I've since forgiven, talked me into getting on the Mickey Ferris Wheel. :eek:

Brer Panther

If it's not reducing wait time, then it is allowing more people to ride which is still a win. TSL should help with wait times, but SWL could make things worse again because it will draw more people into the park.
Wouldn't the wait time still being really long be a sign that more people AREN'T getting to ride?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wouldn't the wait time still being really long be a sign that more people AREN'T getting to ride?

If the lines are long, then yes, some people aren't getting to ride, but the third track should have increased the number of people per hour, so more people are getting to ride then before, it's just that capacity still hasn't increased to the point where it matches demand. The only thing that is going to fix that at this point is to decrease demand by giving people more things to do in the park.

FoodRockz

That's what happened with us- early morning, place was nearly empty over on the Pier and we had about a 5 min wait. Went back later and the line was longer, so my dear husband, whom I've since forgiven, talked me into getting on the Mickey Ferris Wheel. :eek:

That was so much fun! I was in a booth with a newly wed couple, and the look of terror that was on the bride's face at the first swivel point...priceless.

P.S. Meant to say this was my 1st and only time on it. Partially due to geographical reasons, and partially due to my GF. Fun ride though.

KikoKea

That was so much fun! I was in a booth with a newly wed couple, and the look of terror that was on the bride's face at the first swivel point...priceless.
Oh, darlin', there was no way I would get in those swinging ones! The regular one was scary enough. There was a young couple opposite us and I explained that I didn't like heights, so if I ended up on the floor, don't worry. I didn't, but I did spend the entire ride with a death grip on the wire cage while perched on the very edge of my seat with my eyes squinched shut. And, don't get me started on Soarin' or ToT....

DHoy

That's actually counterintuitive; by there being a third track increasing capacity by 50% there's 50% more ridership ... Capacity or efficiency is actually increasing whereas wait time is relative measurement .

Daily riders will increase however wait times may not fluctuate due to there being a reasonable expectation to wait 90 or 120 minutes and guests will continue to queue for the ride.

FoodRockz

Oh, darlin', there was no way I would get in those swinging ones! The regular one was scary enough. There was a young couple opposite us and I explained that I didn't like heights, so if I ended up on the floor, don't worry. I didn't, but I did spend the entire ride with a death grip on the wire cage while perched on the very edge of my seat with my eyes squinched shut. And, don't get me started on Soarin' or ToT....
I'm sorry to hear about your phobia, and you should definitely avoid those attractions in the future. Can't believe you went on Mickey's Wheel of Doom (patent pending) with a fear of heights!

KikoKea

I'm sorry to hear about your phobia, and you should definitely avoid those attractions in the future. Can't believe you went on Mickey's Wheel of Doom (patent pending) with a fear of heights!
LOL I was certainly glad to get off that ride! There are some rides I won't get on elsewhere, like the tower that drops you. Gives me the heebie jeebies to even think of that! I'm good, for the most part, at WDW since they are all OK. Not sure if I'll ever do the ferris wheel again. However, I did go on the Jellyfish Flop ride twice at DCA and I can now keep my eyes open on Soarin' and even on ToT...if I'm clinging to my husband like a terrified leech.

Goofyernmost

LOL I was certainly glad to get off that ride! There are some rides I won't get on elsewhere, like the tower that drops you. Gives me the heebie jeebies to even think of that! I'm good, for the most part, at WDW since they are all OK. Not sure if I'll ever do the ferris wheel again. However, I did go on the Jellyfish Flop ride twice at DCA and I can now keep my eyes open on Soarin' and even on ToT...if I'm clinging to my husband like a terrified leech.
I don't want to ruin your fun but... ToT is a tower that drops you! You are enclosed and therefore given the feeling of being in a secure cocoon, but, it is still a tower that drops you when it's all said and done. :in pain::jawdrop:;)

KikoKea

I don't want to ruin your fun but... ToT is a tower that drops you! You are enclosed and therefore given the feeling of being in a secure cocoon, but, it is still a tower that drops you when it's all said and done. :in pain::jawdrop:;)[/QUOTE}
That's why I still cling to my husband and the grab bar on my seat for dear life on the ToT. At least with ToT there's only a glimpse of how high we are (if I am brave enough to open my eyes when DH tell me to- "Look! You can see the whole park!") But those towers that are open, your feet dangling....nope, ain't gonna get on them.

But roller coasters, as long as they aren't insanely high, are OK since we are moving fast. One part of CA Screamin' made me uneasy, but we were moving and I didn't look around much and enjoyed it. I'm hoping the Slinky coaster is along the same lines of CS, but it doesn't appear to be launched.

Texas84

Had a 1040 FP this morning after a Star Tours late opening. The FP line was almost walk-on. I'm used to a 10-15 minute wait in the FP line.

Standby was around 70 most of the morning.

DisneyRoy

Let's hope closer to BTMRR....although my 90 yr old mother in law thought Barnstormer was "just right." Is TSL supposed to be a kiddie land, like old Toon Town?

I would anticipate closer to Barnstormer than BTMRR. But yes...it's supposed to be geared towards the younger crowds. With rides that have minimal height requirements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom