DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Kman101

I think some need to take their personal feelings out of their thoughts on TSPL. HS absolutely needs filler, and that type of land makes sense to me, and it's not like we're getting an exact clone, they're giving us, or were (is this thing even still on the table?) different versions of the two CARS Land flat rides. Mater's is popular so I'm not sure why it's clone is already being dismissed. It ALSO needs several other rides that aren't flat rides. As well as another E-Ticket (or two). The park desperately needs new rides, of all kinds, and updated shows. The potential here ... sigh.

Look at DCA. They have filler, as well as dark rides and thrill rides. We can have it all. DHS has several great rides, it just needs more to do. I don't mind the streets of america but it's 100% a dead zone. Paving over Echo Lake and ripping them down doesn't seem like the right move to me but we'll see, if we ever get confirmation.

ToTBellHop

That's one of the reasons I said I worry about TSPL, it gets old after the first time. I worry it would make it worse by just increasing the amount of rides you won't want to ride in a day/park
I agree with you on that. Better filler would be immersive but small rides. Like Peter Pan's Flight. Or even the Seas with Nemo and Friends (the ride would be better in Fantasyland, where it would be perfectly fine with the collection of other rides in the area).

Cesar R M

This is a park that has to avoid filler. Less B-C and more D-E.

QNtGo1R.jpg

I'd say some of both is perfectly acceptable.
exactly!

MonorailLover

I agree with you on that. Better filler would be immersive but small rides. Like Peter Pan's Flight. Or even the Seas with Nemo and Friends (the ride would be better in Fantasyland, where it would be perfectly fine with the collection of other rides in the area).

I agree. Filler isn't a bad thing AT ALL, but if filler isn't teamed up with C-E tickets(Frankly, anything good.....) it wouldn't be appealing to some. I would rather spend the cash to fly to Shanghai once the park opens.

ToTBellHop

Looking at the current selection of rides- we have all D/Es.

TSMM
RnR
ToT
TGMR
Star Tours

That's it. So I would argue, more than a D/E- you need A-Cs way more.
Of course- it needs both, desperately; I mean- we have 5 rides in a theme park. Five rides.
Realistically, it needs about 5 headliners and 5 A-C (like Red Car Trolley). Of course, that won't happen.

michael.fumc

Looking at the current selection of rides- DHS only has D/Es.

TSMM
RnR
ToT
TGMR
Star Tours

Of course- it needs both, desperately; I mean- we have 5 rides in a theme park. Five rides.
I agree completely, there are so many shows at DHS that are the people eaters, but one reason I think TSMM has such a long wait, besides the loading and unloading, is that it is a ride all ages can do. TGMR for younger kids can be scary and once you ride you are most likely not going to ride again on the same trip. RnR, ToT, and Star Wars are great rides, they are really awesome, but for about 4 years our family mainly did the shows at DHS, A-C family rides are really needed at DHS, also the whole park needs an identity that makes sense, so I hope the name change will help that.

GLaDOS

Looking at the current selection of rides- DHS only has D/Es.

TSMM
RnR
ToT
TGMR
Star Tours

DHS's problem isn't that it's all headliners. It's that 2 of its headliners have pretty putrid capacity, and 2 of its bigger, people eating E-tickets have little to no demand. Tower is the only one that melds both sides of that coin perfectly.

There's nothing wrong with a park full of E's as long as the ones everyone wants to ride carry people efficiently. Currently DHS doesn't do that very well.

Kman101

DHS's problem isn't that it's all headliners. It's that 2 of its headliners have pretty putrid capacity, and 2 of its bigger, people eating E-tickets have little to no demand. Tower is the only one that melds both sides of that coin perfectly.

There's nothing wrong with a park full of E's as long as the ones everyone wants to ride carry people efficiently. Currently DHS doesn't do that very well.

Excellent point.

Marlins1

I agree completely, there are so many shows at DHS that are the people eaters, but one reason I think TSMM has such a long wait, besides the loading and unloading, is that it is a ride all ages can do. TGMR for younger kids can be scary and once you ride you are most likely not going to ride again on the same trip. RnR, ToT, and Star Wars are great rides, they are really awesome, but for about 4 years our family mainly did the shows at DHS, A-C family rides are really needed at DHS, also the whole park needs an identity that makes sense, so I hope the name change will help that.
Same here - with TSMM so hard to get I can remember days when my daughter was young and we left the park without going on a single ride. No matter how good the shows are that is a bad theme park experience for a kid. Throw in a couple of flat rides and their day seems much better.

ToTBellHop

Out of curiosity, which two have low capacity? Obviously Midway Mania, but what else? I was under the impression that RnRC had a pretty good capacity (24 guests every 40 seconds or so? That's a healthy capacity). FP+ has driven wait times at things like ToT, RnRC, and even TGMR through the roof, though.

GLaDOS

Out of curiosity, which two have low capacity? Obviously Midway Mania, but what else? I was under the impression that RnRC had a pretty good capacity (24 guests every 40 seconds or so? That's a healthy capacity). FP+ has driven wait times at things like ToT, RnRC, and even TGMR through the roof, though.

Maybe it's just my perception, but RNRC has never seemed to handle crowds all that well. FP/FP+ probably never helped it in that regard either though.

hpyhnt 1000

I think RnRC has a cycle time closer to 50-55 seconds, which gives a capacity in the 1600-1700 per hour range, assuming perfect operations (which never happens at any ride).

Anyone know for sure RnRC's hourly capacity?

ToTBellHop

Maybe it's just my perception, but RNRC has never seemed to handle crowds all that well. FP/FP+ probably never helped it in that regard either though.
Oh, you are certainly right. I think it's just that popular, though, and that FP+ really messes up traffic flow. I don't personally "get" it, though. It's in a park with a few great thrill rides and it routinely gets 90-minute waits while the (IMHO) superior Star Tours has a 10 min wait. Not sure why Star Tours isn't more popular.

I think RnRC has a cycle time closer to 50-60 seconds, which gives a capacity in the 1600-1700 per hour range, assuming perfect operations (which never happens at any ride). Not terrible, but not very good either.

Is that any better/worse than any other coaster? Seems like their dispatch time is pretty similar to Everest, although Everest has a longer train.

Midway Mania, on the other hand, has an abysmal capacity.

GLaDOS

Oh, you are certainly right. I think it's just that popular, though, and that FP+ really messes up traffic flow. I don't personally "get" it, though. It's in a park with a few great thrill rides and it routinely gets 90-minute waits while the (IMHO) superior Star Tours has a 10 min wait. Not sure why Star Tours isn't more popular.

Even if Star Tours was more popular, it's got MASSIVE capacity. It chews people up and spits them out.

hpyhnt 1000

Even if Star Tours was more popular, it's got MASSIVE capacity. It chews people up and spits them out.

Very true. I think it is 6 simulators each with a capacity of 40 people and a cycle time of about 6 minutes. Adds up to theoretical capacity of 2400 guests/hour, on par with an omnimover attraction.

michael.fumc

Very true. I think it is 6 simulators each with a capacity of 40 people and a cycle time of about 6 minutes. Adds up to theoretical capacity of 2400 guests/hour, on par with an omnimover attraction.
Star Tours is great, we ride at least 8 times over our entire trip each year. First it can hold a lot of people and move them through fast, the queue is one of the best at WDW if not the best, we love the story of the spy, if you like Star Wars you can't help but enjoy it, and the variety of scenes makes it fun to ride again and again.

MonorailLover

They really need a ride again line after you exit from star tours, and have it just turn you around to one or two of the simulators, which aren't even usually all in use. That way, you get a quick re-ride, and there's a 98% chance the ride will be different the next time around.

This Could artificially improve demand, keeping people in the ride longer... Well frankly, almost twice as long.

michael.fumc

They really need a ride again line after you exit from star tours, and have it just turn you around to one or two of the simulators, which aren't even usually all in use. That way, you get a quick re-ride, and there's a 98% chance the ride will be different the next time around.

This Could artificially improve demand, keeping people in the ride longer... Well frankly, almost twice as long.
This is a cool idea, you could even keep your glasses and walk to another terminal, it would be like when you change planes on a flight

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom