DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

MagicHappens1971

I'm still trying to figure out who you are arguing with. Then again I refuse to push the "show ignored content" button.

I only see the facade & entrance remaining where it is because they're too cheap to do anything else.

I don't have any details on the rumored Pixar place expansion over in that area, alas more construction should be coming. Doesn't make any sense to do anything else right now.
image.jpg

we are arguing with this guy. I do think your right, but they wouldn't leave that building like that forever? Right and then if it's not a new entrance wouldn't they put up a brick facade similar to the entrance of TSMM

Captain Chaos

I'm still trying to figure out who you are arguing with. Then again I refuse to push the "show ignored content" button.

I only see the facade & entrance remaining where it is because they're too cheap to do anything else.

I don't have any details on the rumored Pixar place expansion over in that area, alas more construction should be coming. Doesn't make any sense to do anything else right now.
Peter11435 says the facade doesn't matter cause no facade is needed. Then said it is fairly obvious why.

JakeSpadaro is asking why the facade won't matter, and peter isn't really answering why. Just keeps saying it is fairly obvious. But it apparently isn't fairly obvious,thus the back and forth.

PhotoDave219

Peter11435 says the facade doesn't matter cause no facade is needed. Then said it is fairly obvious why.

JakeSpadaro is asking why the facade won't matter, and peter isn't really answering why. Just keeps saying it is fairly obvious. But it apparently isn't fairly obvious,thus the back and forth.

View attachment 91657
we are arguing with this guy. I do think your right, but they wouldn't leave that building like that forever? Right and then if it's not a new entrance wouldn't they put up a brick facade similar to the entrance of TSMM

I wouldn't say it's obvious. I have no real idea.

My guess is to make it look acceptable until construction begins in that part of the park. I'm assuming that part of the building would be behind a construction wall.... Assuming construction actually happens.

Of course that's a guess.... Considering permits haven't even been filed.

Captain Chaos

I wouldn't say it's obvious. I have no real idea.

My guess is to make it look acceptable until construction begins in that part of the park. I'm assuming that part of the building would be behind a construction wall.... Assuming construction actually happens.

Of course that's a guess.... Considering permits haven't even been filed.
It isn't obvious, despite peter saying it is. I assume like you, it is to make it look acceptable until things actually happen.

Guess it is a wait and see kind of situation.

Captain Chaos

I said there would be no facade on that building and that it won't matter because you won't see it. Other people have been able to correctly put those clues together
Backstage area then. @danlb_2000 stated that just recently. Only thing that makes sense since you say we won't see it.

Should be interesting to see how all thing unfolds. Thank you for responding.

MonorailLover

That also makes sense. I've said in the past that I thought a new entrance to the expanded Pixar area would be around the old Jack Sparrow thing.

I worry we're going to get Pixar place, and it's going to be totally unoriginal, and unwanted by the avid Disney fan. I truthfully couldn't see us liking Toy Story Playland being there for a long time. I've been to Hong Kong and Paris, and it's only appealing once. I hope they bring some original ideas to the plate, such as the incredibles and Monsters Inc. finding nemo would be hard for me to see, because of the seas, but that could easily be ripped out, and people wouldn't riot.

PhotoDave219

I worry we're going to get Pixar place, and it's going to be totally unoriginal, and unwanted by the avid Disney fan. I truthfully couldn't see us liking Toy Story Playland being there for a long time. I've been to Hong Kong and Paris, and it's only appealing once. I hope they bring some original ideas to the plate, such as the incredibles and Monsters Inc. finding nemo would be hard for me to see, because of the seas, but that could easily be ripped out, and people wouldn't riot.

That's probably where I would set my expectations.

ToTBellHop

The rumor is that it will largely be Toy Story Playland but with a novel Cars D/E ticket. So it's the Cars ride and Star Wars that I'm hoping will be impressive. The rest is largely filler. Not that filler is a problem. I enjoy Astro Orbiter.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
The rumor is that it will largely be Toy Story Playland but with a novel Cars D/E ticket. So it's the Cars ride and Star Wars that I'm hoping will be impressive. The rest is largely filler. Not that filler is a problem. I enjoy Astro Orbiter.
And the Honey I Shrunk and Studio Catering Company get re themed to A Bug's Life and P. T. Flea's Circus.

doctornick

So, if I understand things correctly, is the current rumor that the existing pathway in front of Soundstage 1 (i.e. where you would walk to go from TSMM to the old Backlot Tour entrance) will eventually become backstage and a new route will develop -- perhaps going from where the old Jack Sparrow entrance was to behind TSMM/Soundstage 1 and coming out near the old Backlot Tour entrance.

Is this the thought? Can anyone confirm this is the plan and, of so, what kind of timeframe are we looking at?

Bolt

So, if I understand things correctly, is the current rumor that the existing pathway in front of Soundstage 1 (i.e. where you would walk to go from TSMM to the old Backlot Tour entrance) will eventually become backstage and a new route will develop -- perhaps going from where the old Jack Sparrow entrance was to behind TSMM/Soundstage 1 and coming out near the old Backlot Tour entrance.

Is this the thought? Can anyone confirm this is the plan and, of so, what kind of timeframe are we looking at?
Not sure anyone can confirm any of this?

MonorailLover

Yup - needs both. Lack of filler is actually one of the big problems at HS once you've seen all of the shows enough times.

That's one of the reasons I said I worry about TSPL, it gets old after the first time. I worry it would make it worse by just increasing the amount of rides you won't want to ride in a day/park

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom