DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

spectromagic04

I don't know why people are acting like this third track is the only that's going to be built at DHS! We have the Pixar expansion which should add at least 4 new rides and Star Wars that should add another additional rides. So this third track is just the beginning of the expansion. Saying that though I agree that late 2016 is to long to build a third track

Todd H

I don't know why people are acting like this third track is the only that's going to be built at DHS! We have the Pixar expansion which should add at least 4 new rides and Star Wars that should add another additional rides. So this third track is just the beginning of the expansion. Saying that though I agree that late 2016 is to long to build a third track

Pixar Expansion=re-themed fair rides
Star Wars=nothing has been announced and at the rate Disney builds things it may get here in 2020 if we're lucky.

Meanwhile down the road Universal continues to build incredibly themed areas and E-tickets at a record pace

Look, I love WDW as much as the next person. Headed there again in June. But when is the last time Disney built a TRULY innovative and highly themed ride/area? Expedition Everest? The new Avatar area is about the only thing that Disney has on their docket that even remotely excites me. New Fantasyland was a major disappointment when we visited. Instead of wasting time expanding current rides and wasting money on convoluted crowd redistribution gimmicks (MM+), build new and exciting attractions like you used to Disney. That's the REAL solution to the capacity and crowd problem. The other things are just band-aids.

spectromagic04

Pixar Expansion=re-themed fair rides
Star Wars=nothing has been announced and at the rate Disney builds things it may get here in 2020 if we're lucky.

Meanwhile down the road Universal continues to build incredibly themed areas and E-tickets at a record pace

Look, I love WDW as much as the next person. Headed there again in June. But when is the last time Disney built a TRULY innovative and highly themed ride/area? Expedition Everest? The new Avatar area is about the only thing that Disney has on their docket that even remotely excites me. New Fantasyland was a major disappointment when we visited. Instead of wasting time expanding current rides and wasting money on convoluted crowd redistribution gimmicks (MM+), build new and exciting attractions like you used to Disney. That's the REAL solution to the capacity and crowd problem. The other things are just band-aids.
Well the Pixar expansion isn't confirmed/ announced yet either.

JediMasterMatt

Good - more capacity for a "popular" attraction that commands long lines. Granted those long lines have as much to say about the lack of alternatives in the park it occupies as it does about the middling hourly capacity that the attraction offers.

Bad - after people ride TSMM with no 1/3 last wait... then what? The same issues plague the park that it currently faces. Not enough things for guests to do. After a slightly shorter wait, guest will be left with the daunting task of deciding what and where to go next. Until the real expansion comes in the form of more "things" not quicker moving "things", the net result will be that guests will likely do what the do now - leave unfulfilled and head to the MK.

While it's nice that a "popular" ride will be slightly less "popular", the priorities are wrong. Get more "things" in the form of rides and attractions online to make guests stay at DHS all day because they are so satisfied that no other draw on property is a better alternative after they enter the gates.

Talk all you want about Pixar Place and Star Wars land; but, until we know when the are coming and more importantly - what form they arrive in, we won't know if the problems facing the park are going to resolved or made worse.

If Pixar Place brings a bunch of "things" but those things don't offer good enough capacity or aren't high enough in quality to hold guest satisfaction, then the NEWNESS factor will simply bring more people into the park.

Star Wars land will be a big determining factor in the health of the park in the long term. If they only bring the land with a big E-ticket draw, then the addition of the land itself may cause more problems than it solves.

There needs to be balance.

I'm in the cautiously optimistic side of things with the 3rd track for TSMM. If it's arrival is followed by Pixar Place in the near future, it makes sense. If Pixar Place is still 3-5 years out, then the net result is treading water.

Soarin's new theater makes much more sense for the park its in. It will certainly help with the new draw in Frozen next year.

spectromagic04

Imo why the wait times are so high for rides like Peter Pan, Soarin and Toy Story are for one thing fast pass. If they eliminated fast pass for these rides the wait times would be a lot shorter.

Rasvar

What’s sad is the guest pay and wait in ridiculous lines for something that you can pretty much do at home on your own T.V. screen. What has the attention span of the average human come to? Peoples expectations of creativity is so much lower than the early years of WDW & EPCOT...instead of adding more video games and T.V. screen attractions, how about giving us something huge on the order of Horizons & WOM!
This is part of the problem. Epcot used have some pretty damn long ride times. But now everything is going for shorter time because everyone has the attention span of a cat on catnip. You aren't going to see a Horizons or WOM again because people will actually complain it is too long. That is why we have the fiasco that is the current Country Bear Jamboree. It's not just Disney that is the problem. It's the customers. Living Seas was Nemo'd partially because people thought the pre show stuff was too long and preachy. I'm amazed the Energy pavillion hasn't been turned into high speed ride through dinosaurs yet. I'm sure they would shorten Spaceship Earth if the ride track could actually handle higher speeds. The guests are as much a problem as Disney in making this mess.

rct247

Not thrilled by this news. Why doesnt Space Mountain get the 2 extra tracks it was originally drawn up to have? It's had significant waits since 1975 in a park with tons to do. I'm with everyone else, give people more to ride and you find the 3rd track isn't needed.

I'm also interested to see how it's designed with the queue line being essentially between the existing tracks and sound stage 1. Is it the best use of real estate and resources?

I'm more welcome to Soarin getting a third theater than TSMM getting another track.

Rasvar

Not thrilled by this news. Why doesnt Space Mountain get the 2 extra tracks it was originally drawn up to have? It's had significant waits since 1975 in a park with tons to do. I'm with everyone else, give people more to ride and you find the 3rd track isn't needed.

I'm also interested to see how it's designed with the queue line being essentially between the existing tracks and sound stage 1. Is it the best use of real estate and resources?

I'm more welcome to Soarin getting a third theater than TSMM getting another track.
I almost expect that the third track will be for FP+ and standby will default to the other two tracks with overflow FP+ going to the original tracks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In replying to the Soarin expansion thread I thought I'd stick this here too.

As it stands today.

image.jpg

toolsnspools

I think the normal moderator at the Disney blog is on vacation. One post that got through -

"Great news! So pumped about a 3rd Toy Story track!!! I’ll take this over a new attraction any day, to be honest. Besides, adding a brand new attraction would prevent us from finishing everything at Hollywood Studios in half a day."

So which one of you is Michael? LOL

Mike S

I think the normal moderator at the Disney blog is on vacation. One post that got through -

"Great news! So pumped about a 3rd Toy Story track!!! I’ll take this over a new attraction any day, to be honest. Besides, adding a brand new attraction would prevent us from finishing everything at Hollywood Studios in half a day."

So which one of you is Michael? LOL
It's @thehowiet
Looks like my sarcastic comment made it through...for now at least:

Great news! So pumped about a 3rd Toy Story track!!! I’ll take this over a new attraction any day, to be honest. Besides, adding a brand new attraction would prevent us from finishing everything at Hollywood Studios in half a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom