DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

FoozieBear

I'm actually not too excited about a DHS overhaul. I'm a big fan of that park, and it still has the best theme of the non-Magic Kingdom oarks. They've stuck to the theme less with each change, making it less of a Hollywood Studios, but "Welcome to Disney's Movie Land, with movies that don't quite fit in our other theme parks!"

I dunno, I'm not that excited about a change. I'd much rather see Epcot get that treatment before DHS does (it deserves it so much more). They just better be sure to keep their hands away from Muppet-Vision 3D if this Star Wars expansion does follow through.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So with with the news that DHS might be getting a DCA level makeover let me re-consider this permit. If there are going to be more attraction closings to make way for the makeover the adding of a new track to TSMM makes sense as a cheap an easy way to increase capacity. But it sounds like this re-do is going to start in the short term, so taking two years to complete the TSMM track doesn't make sense. So maybe as some have suggested the TSMM track is only part of what this permit covers.

Also, if they learned from DCA, the other thing DHS will need is something new short term to help keep people in the park since things will likely get worse in the park before they get better.

spacemt354

Chili's
Seriously, I would expect some sort of announcement before the earnings call in the beginning of November. I'm thinking if the budget and scale is that large they are going to want to talk about it. Plus it takes attention away from the MM+ questions.

I don't expect a lot of details or a set timeline, but more of a high level announcement with maybe the name change and the major components (Pixar expansion, SW land, etc).

October 17, 2007 was the day the DCA redo was announced.

Wonder if there will be a similar time-frame for the DHS redo...

Magenta Panther

So with with the news that DHS might be getting a DCA level makeover let me re-consider this permit. If there are going to be more attraction closings to make way for the makeover the adding of a new track to TSMM makes sense as a cheap an easy way to increase capacity. But it sounds like this re-do is going to start in the short term, so taking two years to complete the TSMM track doesn't make sense. So maybe as some have suggested the TSMM track is only part of what this permit covers.

Also, if they learned from DCA, the other thing DHS will need is something new short term to help keep people in the park since things will likely get worse in the park before they get better.

The thing that saved DCA is that TDA put more DISNEY in it. Iger himself acknowledged that. :)

Magenta Panther

If this was a direct response to my post I am not clear how it relates?

Beg pardon, I extrapolated too much. I'm hoping that DHS's expansion will involve Disney-created properties more than anything else, because that approach seems to have worked for DCA. I didn't mean to muddy the waters. :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Beg pardon, I extrapolated too much. I'm hoping that DHS's expansion will involve Disney-created properties more than anything else, because that approach seems to have worked for DCA. I didn't mean to muddy the waters. :)

I think Pixar and Star Wars are the most likely additions. I am sure you don't consider Star Wars Disney created, but what about Pixar?

ThemeParkJunkee

I am starting to become a little optimistic. This is great news. Unfortunately when I arrive at DHS on the 18th of this month, it will be down to 5 rides. It will be interesting to see if there is an announcement soon.

BrerJon

I said this earlier and I will say it again...

I can totally see the BAH being moved to the entrance of the park where U drive in...

I can totally see them saying "guests tell us they love the hat, so we're going to make two of 'em!". Double-hats, one at each end of the street, like giant parking cones... can'tcha just see it!

BrerJon

Sorry, they are actually adding a lumberjack show to each park. Apparently they had a lot of downed trees left over when they cleared the land for Avatar...they can both recycle and entertain now;)

I heard they were planning on renaming the park. So expect "Disney's Lumberjack Studios (featuring Frozen)", coming soon to a vacation kingdom near you.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
EC does need work more than DHS even with all that has been added it still feels lacking. But, glad to see work to mark the parks feel more complete and full! :)

BrerJon

Well at least then it would make some sense

Haaaaaang on... Hat... moving to the parking lot... so it looks like a road cone... why not paint it orange and red, but that's like... like...

I GOT IT! I KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!

It's for Cars Land, isn't it? The hat will move to the entrance of Cars Land, be painted orange and white, and become a giant road cone.

doctornick

He must since Carsland is a major component of DCA 2.0.

Plus, A Bug's Land was another major addition as well as TSMM and the Monsters Inc ride) in helping revitalize the park and make it more "Disney". Besides that stuff and Cars Land, what was really added to DCA to make it more "Disney" -- a retheme of to Goofy for one ride and a Little Mermaid ride? Oh, and I guess slapping Mickey's face on the ferris wheel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom