DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

MerlinTheGoat

100% confirmed.

DHS - if plans pan out, and they are at a very late stage right now - could be getting an overhaul bigger than DCA got. I won't go further for now, suffice to say the plans are huge. Yes, they involve another name change, and yes they involve the hat too.
That's sounding positive, we had a conspiracy topic regarding some new maps for DHS that the hat was mysteriously missing from and some people were speculating that it was a sign of things to come. I'll be glad to have more things to do at DHS, I hope they give us some quality rides and not just cheapo spinners or more stuff like TSMM (not a fan, I luckily only waited about 10 minutes to ride it once and still felt disappointed, queue was infinitely better than the ride itself). Disney has the unfortunate habit lately of blowing through even a large budget and squandering it on crap, I hope they have some quality imagineers working on this project as well...

I won't press you for what new attractions we could get with this overhaul, but I was wondering if you've heard whether the Great Movie Ride and the Osborne Lights still have a future at WDW, or are they going to be sacrificed for the new stuff? Updates to GMR are welcome if done respectfully as long as the core ride remains (WDW, particularly EPCOT, has lost enough of these classic large scale animatronics heavy attractions and I would hate to see another get the axe). I'd be ok with Osborne Lights moving to a new location if that area had to be axed, but I just hope they find a new place for them somehow and don't kill them off entirely (WDW needs more holiday decor, not less). I'd ask about Tower of Terror, but i'm guessing there's no need to worry about that one given its still high popularity.

Last edited:

cjk0318

Well, depends on each person's definition of a phase. TSMM is imminent, so I guess it could be considered Phase 1. Then whatever they replace BLT with as the next phase. And so on.

But I look at it more like the Southwest part of the park as Phase 1, SW as Phase 2.
Can't get into specifics!

DougK

100% confirmed.

DHS - if plans pan out, and they are at a very late stage right now - could be getting an overhaul bigger than DCA got. I won't go further for now, suffice to say the plans are huge. Yes, they involve another name change, and yes they involve the hat too.

This makes me hopeful but I have to ask does "involve the hat" mean remove the hat? Or maybe they are doing something else to the hat? I want it gone or at least moved so we can get the view of the Chinese Theater back!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
100% confirmed.

Halle-freakin-lujah Disney is finally getting off their pixie butt and doing what they need (not everywhere yet but I'll take baby steps)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Seriously, I would expect some sort of announcement before the earnings call in the beginning of November. I'm thinking if the budget and scale is that large they are going to want to talk about it. Plus it takes attention away from the MM+ questions.

I don't expect a lot of details or a set timeline, but more of a high level announcement with maybe the name change and the major components (Pixar expansion, SW land, etc).

Magenta Panther

100% confirmed.

shock.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom