DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but where in the park exactly is Soundstage One?

It is the building connected to TSMM further down Mickey avenue (away from the hat). Today all you see from the outside is the movie theater marquee over the entrance.. and generally is used for special events (SWW, Frozen, etc)

PhotoDave219

So - that begs the question. If there has been no approval to build new stuff yet, why are they closing things to make way for new stuff now? Especially since this park is very light on things to do in the first place.

When have you ever known the Board of Directors to say no?

doctornick

Iger can use the success of DCA and its redo to sell the DHS redo to the investors. They need a proven success to compete with what's going on down the road at UNI and that's Radiator Springs.

Yeah, if they wanted to invest the money in DHS, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence (DCA, Uni's additions of HP) to show that investment in new attractions/lands can drive attendance and revenue. With DHS reportedly having lagging attendance (and, I would suspect, corresponding revenue generation), it would probably be a fairly easy sell that it needs investment.

OTOH, it might be more difficult to get large funding for an overhaul of Epcot since that parks has stronger attendance and pretty good revenue generation through the food and drink sales plus shopping.

Mouse_Trap

Perhaps. But that's a lot of Potter spread across two parks within walking distance of each other. In retrospect they probably wish they had just dedicated a third gate to the boy wizard. At least that's how I would've done it.

I doubt they wish they'd done that. HP has driven huge increases to the visitor numbers to both parks, which before HP1, some thought were getting a little state. IoA has basically doubled it attendance figues since it opened. The other issue is where would they have put a separate park......things have changed a little now as they have earned so much money from it. Not to mention the addition of Simpsons land, Rip Ride Rocket, Transformers etc with a number of big developments to follow behind, things have never looked so good for Universal, the two park split of HP even allowed them an massive up-sell attraction in the Hogwarts Express....how many people are going to miss that for the sake of buying a multipark pass?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I doubt they wish they'd done that. HP has driven huge increases to the visitor numbers to both parks, which before HP1, some thought were getting a little state. IoA has basically doubled it attendance figues since it opened. The other issue is where would they have put a separate park......things have changed a little now as they have earned so much money from it. Not to mention the addition of Simpsons land, Rip Ride Rocket, Transformers etc with a number of big developments to follow behind, things have never looked so good for Universal, the two park split of HP even allowed them an massive up-sell attraction in the Hogwarts Express....how many people are going to miss that for the sake of buying a multipark pass?

I explained that to my husband just yesterday and he said of course we have to have the 2 Park Pass we can't not take the kids on the Hogwarts Express! I'm sure many people feel the same.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
the two park split of HP even allowed them an massive up-sell attraction in the Hogwarts Express....how many people are going to miss that for the sake of buying a multipark pass?
Me! I'm currently planning on skipping it! I am only going to be at UNI for 1 day, and have recently done IoA within the past year. I do not plan on paying $30 to ride one ride!

Spencerrr

I'll be there halloween day and have a park hopper but I'd rather just walk. The ride looks boring and they couldn't even get the original cast members to do the voices. I have the skip the line express thing so if there's no wait id ride just to save time maybe.

Mike S

I'll be there halloween day and have a park hopper but I'd rather just walk. The ride looks boring and they couldn't even get the original cast members to do the voices. I have the skip the line express thing so if there's no wait id ride just to save time maybe.
They couldn't get them because they didn't want to do it. You can't force the actors to play the roles forever. Rupert Grint who plays Ron did come back though, just not Daniel or Emma. The person they did get for the voice of Harry did a pretty good job imo. Hermione is awful though but I can still enjoy myself.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
When have you ever known the Board of Directors to say no?

That's what Eisner said too;)

Tough to say no to yourself. Iger is the chairman of the board.

If whatever this thing is hasn't been officially approved by the board yet they will be meeting next month to give their blessing to the 10K before it's filed so I'm sure they could approve it then.

Captain Neo

Im pretty sure the funds for this and Star Wars were approved by the board 6 months ago when Tom Staggs and Iger took them on a tour of Cars Land at DCA:

pic14.jpg

pic21.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom